PG Music Home
Posted By: Steve Young New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me - 04/13/14 11:54 PM
It's been awhile since I've been able to post. My schedule has been so full. In addition to my other responsibilities, I have been helping a church in Austin, TX with their music ministry for the past 4 months. So I just wrote this praise song, and thought I would share it with you. It's Texas-style praise. I roped my wife in to help with some of the background vocals. All the music is RealTracks/Realdrums, with some organ, piano, and percussion thrown in by me. Hope you enjoy it!

Your Love Has Lifted Me

Here are the Realtracks/Realdrums used...
RealTracks in song: 521:Bass, Electric, Pop Syncopated Ev 136
RealTracks in song: 1030:Guitar, 12-String Electric, Fingerpicking Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 1119:Guitar, 12-String Acoustic, Strumming Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 426:Banjo, Bluegrass Ev 130 (Rhythm)
RealTracks in song: 1755:Mandolin, Rhythm Pop8ths Ev 110
RealTracks in song: 2040:Guitar, Resonator, Soloist CountryRob Ev 120
RealDrums: RealDrums in Song: NashvilleEven8^7-a,b:Snare, HiHat

Here are the lyrics...

Your love has lifted me
And Your truth has set me free
And Your grace helps me to see
How much Your love has lifted me

Your love has turned my life around
It's better than anything I've found
I'm not the man I used to be
I'm not the man I'm gonna be
'Cause Your great love has lifted me

And Your love has lifted me

Love is patient, love is kind
It does what's right all the time
It never fails at anything
Your love changes everything
You're the reason that I sing

And Your love has lifted me

===

Have a blessed day!

Steve
Posted By: 90 dB Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me - 04/14/14 03:11 AM
Steve - everything's bigger in Texas, and this song is proof. Your wife's BGV's are excellent as well.

Loved this!

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me - 04/14/14 03:24 AM
Steve outstanding work! Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me - 04/14/14 04:40 AM
Really nice feel!! Harmonies are very sweet. Resonator works perfectly. Good work! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Scott C Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me - 04/14/14 11:42 AM
Loved the song. Awesome singing, harmonies and guitar was excellent.
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me - 04/14/14 11:59 AM
Hi Steve. Welcome back. The forum is a poorer place without your beautiful songs. I always find your songs so uplifting. Fantastic vocals and such a sweet simple melody. Love the backing vocals too.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me - 04/14/14 01:01 PM
Nice work.

Everything sets in it's proper place. The harmony is good.

I really like this style of music. Folk country.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me - 04/14/14 01:12 PM
Steve,

Great to see ya come around - always. Hope that you are staying strong.

A beautiful song. A simple, to-the-point message, well delivered. Well sung - as always - and beautiful harmonies. Could hear this becoming a real church anthem...

I liked the simplicity of the production - your productions are always tasteful.. the banjo seemed a little too "rapid fire" type picking for this - I thought the piano and resonator at that point could have carried it just fine...

Enjoyable.

floyd
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me - 04/14/14 01:39 PM
Very nice -- everything -- vocals, instrumentation, arrangement and mix. The BGV are a great addition. Kudo's with the dobro. I've admired Rob Ickes playing long before he showed up on BIAB but often folks just don't seem to get a part that fits -- you nailed it -- understated but very effective. We like this!
Posted By: tommyad Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me - 04/14/14 02:09 PM
Hi Steve, Always glad to see a new one from you. The write is simple and to the point. The vocals are great as usual. Harmonies nicely done. The mix is outstanding. Really nice work. Hope you're getting along OK. Tom
Posted By: dani48 Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me - 04/14/14 04:14 PM
Hi, Steve !:))

Great ! Just great ! A super
production with a really sweet song !
I loved your wife´s fills !:))
Please give her my regards !

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: boehm Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me - 04/14/14 04:49 PM
Hi Steve,

beautiful song and nice production.
The background vocals are great.

Guenter
Posted By: Sundance Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me - 04/14/14 05:54 PM
Hey Steve,

Love the early Eaglesque arrangement except for that fast picking banjo that comes in at the modulation - I want to like it because I really like banjo but to me it just doesn't seem to fit right.

Being back in the music ministry is making your voice even stronger. What a GREAT sounding vocal! I love how your voice sounds on this - never better. The BGV are super.

Sweet praise song.

So glad I got to hear it. These days I don't have the time to be on here as much I'd like either. Today's a rare day off with a million and one things to do. LOL!

Josie
Posted By: Steve Young Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me - 04/15/14 02:05 AM
Bob,

Thanks! I am glad you like this one. Always good to hear from you!

Robert,

Thank you very much! Really appreciate your kind words.

Greg,

Thanks for your comments!

Scott,

So glad you like it. Your kind words are appreciated.

==

Steve
Posted By: Steve Young Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me - 04/15/14 02:12 AM
Joanne,

Your words are very sweet. I miss the forum when I am not able to visit it so much. Thanks so much for dropping by and commenting.

Herb,

Nice to hear from you. Glad you like this one. Your thoughts are appreciated.

Floyd,

Always good to hear from you. I am getting stronger every week. Your input is really appreciated. I really struggled with the banjo, too. And probably made a mistake by leaving it in. I've gotten very mixed reviews on the banjo. Some people just love it, and others can do without it. I'll probably end up taking it out when I get ready to clean this one up.

Janice and Bud,

Really appreciate hearing from you. I have always really liked the dobro. Such an emotional instrument. Can tend to be pretty melancholy, but I think it captures a certain joy in this piece.

==

Steve
Posted By: Steve Young Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me - 04/15/14 02:19 AM
Tom,

Thank you very much for your thoughtful words. I am doing well. Really glad you like this one.

Dani,

Always good to hear from you! Thanks for your very kind words. I will pass your kind words on to Rachel (my wife).

Guenter,

Thanks! Glad you like it. Rachel and I have been singing together for over 30 years now. I think we are going to make it. smile

Josie,

Always so good to hear from you! I tend to agree with you on the banjo. Like I told Floyd, I think it will end up on the cutting room floor when I have some time. I always liked the Eagles' country stuff, and no doubt their style influenced this one. Once again, it is really good to hear from you. (Now, we all need to hear from you!) smile

==

Steve
Posted By: rsdean Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me - 04/15/14 10:02 AM
Steve,

I really like the feel of this (including the banjo). smile I think it gives the song an alt/folky feel. Your vocal is excellent - one of the best I've heard from you.

Glad to hear your feeling better as well.

Bob
Posted By: Steve Young Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me - 04/16/14 01:57 PM
Bob,

Thanks so much for your input. Thanks for standing up for that poor banjo! smile

I'm always happy to hear from you.

Steve
Posted By: Skyline Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me - 04/18/14 03:04 PM
Superb work Steve. It's all been said above really!
A lovely full range mix, sonically superb all around.

John
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me - 04/18/14 10:32 PM
hi steve great production as always very engageing love the lyrics eric
Posted By: aleck rand Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me - 04/20/14 02:43 PM
Steve,

Beautiful from every angle. The message, the musicianship, the voice(s) and, of course, that Texas sound.

Dean
Posted By: mglinert Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me - 04/21/14 09:13 PM

A simple strong song with undemanding but pleasant harmonies.

Very polished in all aspects, as we have come to expect from Steve.
Yes there's something not quite right about the banjo part, but this is a minor quibble.
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me - 04/24/14 06:46 PM
Steve,
I really enjoyed this song. Excellent arrangement. I agree your vocal and the BGVs are outstanding. Thanks for sharing.
SD
Posted By: olemon Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me - 05/03/14 11:30 AM
Oh, I like this. The vocals are outstanding! The mix is wide and crisp, clean. I concur about the banjo:)

Well done. Did you play this for the congregation? It must have been well received.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me - 05/04/14 12:59 AM
Great hearing from you again Steve!

I'm always a sucker for both bluegrass and contemporary Christian music... this song is perhaps as close as anything I've heard to being the perfect fusion of the two genres.
© PG Music Forums