PG Music Home
Posted By: Gilley The Salmonella Blues - 04/14/14 08:00 PM
This song uses a mix of tracks from PG styles DRJON_E and CBOOG1E, two styles I initially couldn’t decide between. But I ended up using the piano track from DRJON (it’s midi, played through a Ketron SD2) and the DRJON bass track (also midi, playing the Upright Studio Bass software instrument that comes with Logic Pro). I took the RealDrums from CBOOG1E, along with one of CBOOG1E’s electric guitar real tracks (the one that is actually to be found on that style’s piano track). I borrowed the harmonica from another PG style's real track, don’t recall which one right now. The only thing I actually played is the steel string acoustic guitar (via keyboard - another software instrument) that’s working against the harmonica in the break. The vocal harmonies were generated via the new FlexPitch feature in Logic Pro X. All comments welcome.

https://soundcloud.com/mister-gilley/salmonella-blues-1
Posted By: sixchannel Re: The Salmonella Blues - 04/14/14 08:35 PM
Excellent!!
Loved the lyrics - Very humorous and a great mix of Styles and instruments too. Clever.
They say, what don't kill ya, makes you stronger. They havent eaten at our local Greasy Spoon Cafe - yet!!
cheers
ian
Posted By: dani48 Re: The Salmonella Blues - 04/14/14 08:48 PM
Hi, Gilley !

You really know how to
handle them words.....
This would be more than
hilarious if it weren´t for
the serious undertone !!:))
(It still is hilarious anyway)(chuckle)!!
Superb blues superbly performed !!!:))
....I wonder if I dare go
out eating anymore.........:))

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: The Salmonella Blues - 04/14/14 09:32 PM
That's a spot on production and an arrangement that well supports the vocal. A really cool and clever lyric that has way too much truth in it for sure. I got a bit of a Maria Muldaur Jug Band feel from it. Nice.

Enjoyed the listen....and it made me happy that we are vegetarians who eat mostly local farm products!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: The Salmonella Blues - 04/14/14 10:46 PM
A clever write. A good production.
Posted By: Steve Young Re: The Salmonella Blues - 04/15/14 01:55 AM
Very clever. Sort of reminds me a little of Randy Newman, in some ways. Good production. Enjoyed it!

Steve
Posted By: cubanpete Re: The Salmonella Blues - 04/15/14 02:21 AM
Wow Gilley! very well put together, never mind that you have me laughing all the way thru. I always think the same thing when I listen the the "medical reports", that's why I don't pay any attention to them. Believe me, you live happier!

Regards

Mike B.
Posted By: Scott C Re: The Salmonella Blues - 04/15/14 02:34 AM
Neat song. Lyrics were very well done.
Posted By: boehm Re: The Salmonella Blues - 04/15/14 02:41 PM
Hi Gilley,
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
That's a spot on production and an arrangement that well supports the vocal. A really cool and clever lyric that has way too much truth in it for sure.

Very enjoyable listen.

Guenter
Posted By: olemon Re: The Salmonella Blues - 05/03/14 11:10 AM
Witty and fun:) The kind of tune I hear on 'A Prairie Home Companion', that audience would love this and so did I.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: The Salmonella Blues - 05/04/14 01:09 AM
very clever and fun! It reminded me of a Ricky Skaggs song called "You Can't Hurt Ham"

Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: The Salmonella Blues - 05/04/14 04:09 PM
Hilarious!!!

this cafe had some rodents, now they've been subdued
they died quite prematurely, from eating the food

Love those lines! Very clever and fun, and I'm pretty sure nobody's written one like this. Really funny. Keep it up!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: aleck rand Re: The Salmonella Blues - 05/05/14 11:37 PM
Well, alright. Someone finally wrote a song about the nonstop stream of scare-bytes on the dangers of this, that, and, oh yeah, the other thing too. Coffee? This week is raises your IQ. Next week, more than 2 cups and you're crusin' for pancreatic cancer.

Not just any song. Truly hilarious, clever, and right on!

Dean
Posted By: Icelander Re: The Salmonella Blues - 10/03/14 12:49 AM
Funniest song title since "There ain't no UFO gonna get my diesel!" laugh
Thanks so much, that song just made my day, I'm still laughing...
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: The Salmonella Blues - 10/03/14 01:50 AM
Very good song and production. Thanks for posting.

Charlie
© PG Music Forums