PG Music Home
Posted By: boehm NY Brass Concept 1 - 04/15/14 03:10 PM
Hi all,

this song was inspired by some brass samples by www.NewYorkBrass.com which can be used for free.
I used the samples nyb_40.mp3, nyb_41.mp3, nyb_42.mp3 and nyb_46.mp3.

RealTracks are:
RealDrums-BossaBrushes
RT464_ Bass, Acoustic, Bossa Ev
RT708_ Guitar, Nylon-Elec, Rhythm Bossa Ev
RT510_Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Dire Ev
RT475_ Sax, Alto, Bossa Ev
RT1167 Gitarre, Elektro, Solist RockBallade Brent Ev Halftime
The lead guitar was tailored from 5 different generations.

http://soundcloud.com/boehmusic/ny-brass-concept-1

I hope you enjoy.
Guenter
Posted By: cubanpete Re: NY Brass Concept 1 - 04/15/14 04:16 PM
Hey Guenter, nice mix. Thanks for the link, I'm always looking for good brass ensembles, so I'm going to check it out.

Regards

Mike B.
Posted By: Scott C Re: NY Brass Concept 1 - 04/15/14 07:16 PM
It is so nice to hear the different flavors of music on the site. The brass was very cool. But the guitar with distortion was a very neat touch
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: NY Brass Concept 1 - 04/15/14 08:34 PM
Great piece of music!! Can't believe how seamlessly and naturally all the parts work together. Awesome!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Noel96 Re: NY Brass Concept 1 - 04/16/14 01:08 AM
Hi Guenter,

As always, your music inspires me and amazes me in equal quantities. This is outstanding.

Your ability to home in on the essence of a theme and then to develop that theme through the surgical manipulation of audio is incredible. To my way of thinking, you're the definition of 'master-craftsman meets master-musician meets outstanding audio engineer'.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: NY Brass Concept 1 - 04/16/14 02:21 AM
Guenter

Quite fantastic

I really enjoyed some of the discordant blends of brass especially in the intro. As usual, a very high standard.

Thanks for sharing
Posted By: floyd jane Re: NY Brass Concept 1 - 04/16/14 01:51 PM
Guenter,

Excellent. Beautifully put together. I downloaded all the samples when they were mentioned some time ago - and I've listened to them all a few times - thinking it would be cool to be able to do something with them... I would not know where to begin - obviously NOT a problem for you! You are a very clever man and a talented musician!

Did you use the samples in their original tempo? And if not... how did you figure out the tempo - and how did you stretch them (if you did)?

Even getting them in proper alignment has to be some real work..

(don't you love when you hear the musician talking in the background of those samples?)

BRAVO. A wonderful piece. As always.

floyd
Posted By: Steve Young Re: NY Brass Concept 1 - 04/16/14 01:59 PM
Guenter,

Another fine display of your creative arranging abilities. I really like the way you mix and match sounds and styles. Keep up the good work!

Steve
Posted By: boehm Re: NY Brass Concept 1 - 04/16/14 02:04 PM
Hi Mike, Scott, Greg, Noel and VideoTrack,

thank you very much for listening and
your kind comments.

@Noel: Don't exaggerate.

Guenter
Posted By: boehm Re: NY Brass Concept 1 - 04/16/14 02:15 PM
Hi Floyd,
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Did you use the samples in their original tempo? And if not... how did you figure out the tempo - and how did you stretch them (if you did)?

First thanks a lot for your nice comments.

Yes, on most of them I used the original tempo. I get the tempo with the metronome. One sample needed adjustment. My daw is reaper, and there it is easy to change the play rate by typing in e.g. 1.2 for faster or 0.98 for slower.
No magic, just fun experimenting.

Guenter
Posted By: Blues1952 Re: NY Brass Concept 1 - 04/16/14 07:24 PM
This is a very impressive piece. Very musical and sophisticated sound. I really love the way you've intertwined the soloists.
Posted By: dani48 Re: NY Brass Concept 1 - 04/19/14 01:23 AM
Hi, Guenter !:))

I did listen and comment
on this superb tune of yours
on soundcloud but forgot to
comment here too ! Sorry Guenter,
that was not my intention but old
age !:)) I love this tune, I just
love it !!!:)) WOW Guenter !:))

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: NY Brass Concept 1 - 04/19/14 12:44 PM
hi Guenter great blend of solos fantastic job thanks for sharing eric
Posted By: aleck rand Re: NY Brass Concept 1 - 04/20/14 02:28 PM
Guenter,

See my comment at your SoundCloud page. Amazing horn sounds and arrangement. Very cool my friend. I don't think I've heard anything like this from you before. Impressive.

Dean
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: NY Brass Concept 1 - 04/20/14 03:15 PM
Most excellent!! You set a very high bar with sophistication, creativity and production. Even though your productions are always different there is a consistency of pro studio mixing that runs through all of them. This one has "movie them" all over it to my ears and although it appears to be a bit of a departure from many of your themes it works very well. We both really enjoyed it. Sweet!
Posted By: boehm Re: NY Brass Concept 1 - 04/21/14 02:21 PM
Hi Steve, Blues, Dani, Eric, Dean and Janice & Bud,

thanks a lot for your generous comments.

Guenter
Posted By: Sundance Re: NY Brass Concept 1 - 04/22/14 03:43 AM
Guenter,

Wow. Love it.

Have you ever thought of trying writing for tv/film? I think with your ability and creativity - you're a natural fit. Oh and thanks for the link too.

Josie
Posted By: tommyad Re: NY Brass Concept 1 - 04/22/14 12:21 PM
Wow, This sounds great. Your arranging and mixing skills are shining through on this one. Pro quality and always an enjoyable listen that leaves me wondering How did he do that ? Fantastic work. Tom
Posted By: boehm Re: NY Brass Concept 1 - 04/22/14 04:40 PM
Hi Josie,

thanks for your kind comments.
Until 2002 I sold music for image films.
Long time ago.

Guenter
Posted By: boehm Re: NY Brass Concept 1 - 04/23/14 10:21 PM
Hi Tom,

thanks for your most kind comments.

Guenter
Posted By: RichMac Re: NY Brass Concept 1 - 04/24/14 08:13 AM
Hi Guenter. This huge sound showcases the instrumentalists very nicely. Very impressive work! Cheers.
Posted By: boehm Re: NY Brass Concept 1 - 04/25/14 12:40 PM
Hi Richard,

thanks a lot for taking the time listening and
commenting.

Guenter
© PG Music Forums