PG Music Home
Posted By: Scott C Point in Time - 04/28/14 01:12 AM

Point In Time

Here is a new song called Point in Time. The different tempos of the song represent the past, the present and the future. The slow parts I used a BIAB drum track to keep time then silenced. The second faster part is:
1008 Bass Electric EV120
689 Organ B3 Pop Even (Love this one)
Real Drums Nashville Even8
1681 Guitar 12String Acoustic
362 Guitar Acoustic Strumming.

Song was finished in RealBand. Struggled with the mixing..
This song was my first attempt to use two different tempos. Did some strange things in Real Band.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Point in Time - 04/28/14 04:02 AM
Enjoyed the song Scott. Nice lay-back feel, and good balance. Thanks

Trevor
Posted By: RichMac Re: Point in Time - 04/28/14 10:13 AM
Works wonderfully for me! The slow bits are very beautiful. Cheers.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Point in Time - 04/28/14 01:08 PM
Scott,

Very nice! Soulful. Very relaxing. Thought you handled the tempo change, no problem.

My favorite of yours. I think you could explore this style further and really "have something" - it is quite enjoyable listening...

floyd
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Point in Time - 04/28/14 01:13 PM
Like they said, I hear no issues at all with the tempo shifts. It all works very well and was an enjoyable listen!
Posted By: boehm Re: Point in Time - 04/28/14 04:32 PM
Hi Scott,
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Enjoyed the song Scott. Nice lay-back feel, and good balance. Thanks

Exactly.

Guenter
Posted By: Blues1952 Re: Point in Time - 04/28/14 06:24 PM
Nice playing - very melodic. Which makes me wonder why you don't create a melody for the song.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Point in Time - 04/28/14 07:28 PM
Trevor

Thanks for taking the time to listen. This was a bit of an experiment for me and I must say it was allot of fun.

RichMac

Thanks for the comments. The slow parts were simple and challenging at the same time. Glad you enjoyed the song.

Floyd

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate your input. I will continue to explore this type of music. Most of my slower songs just come from experimenting with tones from the guitar and amp. I love it when the sound seems to go right through me..

Janice and Bud

Thank you for your comments. I do appreciate your comments and I am a fan of your songs as well. I would love to be able to create the lyrics and have the ability to play and sing as well as you two.

Guenter

Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment. I appreciate it.

Blues1952

Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment. Not sure if you mean by adding melody you mean lyrics and singing but trust me I did not score high in creative writing in school and my singing - yikes !!!!
Posted By: dani48 Re: Point in Time - 04/28/14 08:51 PM
Hi, Scott !!:))

I join in with what has been said
by the others ! It was really a very nice listen !:))

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Scott C Re: Point in Time - 04/28/14 11:13 PM
Thanks Dani for listening and commenting. It is appreciated
Posted By: olemon Re: Point in Time - 05/03/14 11:41 AM
Very sweet and dynamic and great mix. Interesting changes that kept me engaged. Is there a story or script that goes with the music?
Posted By: Scott C Re: Point in Time - 05/04/14 01:34 AM
Thanks Olemon for taking the time to listen and comment. I appreciate it.

Actually there is a story and it started after something I had read on Facebook. It stated that if you spend most your time thinking of the past you are depressed, if you spend most of your time thinking or worrying about the future you have anxiety. If most of your thoughts are in the present you are in the best place. The music I cut my teeth on was from the mid to late sixties so I do spend time thinking about the past and about life when having a good time was really all that was important. So I had two snippets of music so I had put together one slow and sullen which represents the past that is now just a memory, the upbeat "happy section" which represents today and then slowing down again representing the future. Maybe a little to much drama for 3 minutes of music but this was definitely going through my head which creating the tune...
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Point in Time - 05/04/14 04:04 PM
Great emotion! Love the guitar playing and the tone you got. Great stuff!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Point in Time - 05/05/14 10:29 PM
hi scott some nice tasty chops enjoyed very much eric
Posted By: Scott C Re: Point in Time - 05/05/14 11:48 PM
Hi Greg and F.M.M
Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment it is appreciated
Posted By: Kemmrich Re: Point in Time - 05/06/14 12:23 AM
Yes, that is a nice guitar sound you got going on. Instrumentals need changes of paces (OK, all songs do) and you did that well here. Good story, too. I think this might be the first thing I've heard from you here -- or maybe not, I've been in and out for awhile. If so, I must have missed a lot!
Posted By: Jools B Re: Point in Time - 05/06/14 07:22 AM
I'm a fan of instrumentals, & really liked this one.

Feeling quite chilled now - thanks!

Jools
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Point in Time - 05/06/14 03:45 PM
I listened to this the other day and thought I had commented.

Apparently not.

This has a Pinko Floydish feel to it. I like that aspect of the composition. If the guitar had more of en edge it would sound like PF.

My only nits were the chords at 1:01 and 1:20. They didn't fit well.

Aside from that, I like what you did here.
Posted By: Skyline Re: Point in Time - 05/06/14 04:36 PM
I really enjoyed this Scott. Very evocative, with a lovely guitar tone.
In parts the phrasing and mood reminded me of Snowy White's work on Peter Green's 'In The Skies' album.

John
Posted By: Scott C Re: Point in Time - 05/06/14 10:36 PM
Hi Kevin and Jools

Thanks for listening and commenting I appreciate it.

Hi Herb

Thanks for listening and commenting. I went back to the backtrack and checked out the chord changes at 1:01 and 1:20 and see what you mean. I was playing the piano for those chords and my skills with the piano are very limited. I limit the use of the piano and lean more to the organ and leslie for background.
For the guitar I played with the effects on the song bouncing back between the effects in Real Band and my floor pedals. Tone can be guite a monster to chase. The PF reference was very thoughtful.. DG is definitely an favorite of mine..

Hi John

Thanks for listening and commenting. Also the reference to Peter Greens work is well received. He also is a favorite of mine...
Posted By: tommyad Re: Point in Time - 05/07/14 09:20 PM
Scott, great guitar work as usual. The tempo changes make the tune. That was an inspired idea. I love the explanation of what led up to creating this. Good work. Tom
Posted By: Sundance Re: Point in Time - 05/10/14 03:36 AM
+1
Enjoyed listening Scott.

Josie
Posted By: Scott C Re: Point in Time - 05/11/14 02:13 AM
Hi Tom and Josie

Thanks for listening and commenting. I appreciated it
© PG Music Forums