PG Music Home
Posted By: cubanpete Guitars duel - 05/01/14 06:07 PM
Hi fellows, here's another tune I just finished. Hope you like it.
Dialoge

Stats are:
Style is _JAZZBOP.STY (BeBopTrio, Ac.Bass & Pno(190 RS))
PianoCustom Synth is Hi-Q 001 01 Piano, Acoustic, Addictive Keys
GuitarCustom Synth is Synth/Plugin Loaded, Kontakt 5
StringsCustom Synth is Synth/Plugin Loaded,Kontakt 5
SoloistCustom Synth is Synth/Plugin Loaded
Style MIDI Instruments are : Acoustic Piano (1),
RealTracks in style: ~~768:Bass, Acoustic, Jazz Sw 110
MIDI SuperTracks in song: 2071:Piano, Rhythm ModernJazzBallad Sw 060
RealTracks in song: ~~1086:Guitar, Electric, Soloist JazzSwing Sw 110
RealDrums in Song: JazzSwingLewis^04-a:Brushes Swirl, Busy Snare , b:Ride and Hihat
Posted By: dani48 Re: Guitars duel - 05/02/14 01:47 PM
Hi, Mike !:))

I dig your jazzy tunes
and this is no exception !:))
Mellow and sweet, just the way
I want it served !:))

Cheers
Dani

PS Is there a big secret
behind the pseudonyme
Cuban Pete ? (This might be too personal
a question, in that case skip the answer)(chuckle) !!
Posted By: boehm Re: Guitars duel - 05/02/14 01:50 PM
Hi Mike,

great tune. Well produced.
I wonder how you get the harmony to the guitar.
And where is the percussion from?
A great listen. (Actually several).

Guenter
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Guitars duel - 05/02/14 02:15 PM
Hi Mike
Interesting unisons, nice tempo, good listen. Thanks for sharing.
Trevor
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Guitars duel - 05/02/14 04:14 PM
Hi guys, thanks for the time to listen.
Dany; I'm not sure if you remember a popular tv show back in the days by Desi Arnaz and Lucille Ball. Desi was actually a Cuban musician before he went on to tv and his stage name was Cuban Pete, so, being Cuban myself I adopted the name for this forum, no secret really.
Guenter; on the harmonies it depends, sometimes I double the melody and modify one of them. The percussion, in this case two conga drums, is from EZDrummer Latin percussion pack, which I add when mixing in my daw.
There you have it. Thanks you all for listening.

Mike B.
Posted By: boehm Re: Guitars duel - 05/02/14 04:38 PM
Hi Mike,

do you use Melodyne for modifying or do you generate a midi RealChart and change that?

Guenter
Posted By: tommyad Re: Guitars duel - 05/02/14 09:17 PM
Mike, Great listen. You get a really big sound with your mixes. I liked this one a lot. Keep up the good work. Tom
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Guitars duel - 05/02/14 11:08 PM
Thanks Tom, appreciate your comment, Im glad you liked it. Guenter, no Melodyne here, modified midi, and or soloist with a 100% fill around melody. Not always work as desired but sometimes produces an interesting result.

Mike B.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Guitars duel - 05/03/14 11:00 AM
Very nice mellow sound. Very relaxing. I remember Ricky Ricardo and Lucy. One of my favorite shows growing up. I remember in the early 70's I toured Universal Studios in LA and the had Lucy's dressing room as part of the tour. Lots of pictures of the show on the walls..
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Guitars duel - 05/05/14 01:40 PM
From another guy of the Ricky Ricardo generation...man, this is very cool. The guitars working together are wonderful and they are supported by a great mix. Enjoyed it!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Guitars duel - 05/05/14 03:23 PM
Nice, Mike. Towards the end, I was feeling that the duet was a little over-done - some trading off might have given a bit of a break...

Very good mix.

floyd
Posted By: aleck rand Re: Guitars duel - 05/05/14 11:12 PM
Mike,

Love it when the Latin Perc comes in. Classy harmonies, intelligent soloing, very realistic guitar sounds. A lot of effort must have gone into creating those long harmony lines. Impressive, man.

Dean
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Guitars duel - 05/06/14 12:45 AM
Thank you much guys, yes Floyd, you are probably right, I might work on that later. I'm working on a couple of more songs in the same line.
Dean, thanks for your kind words.

Regards
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Guitars duel - 05/06/14 05:00 AM
Really fine stuff! The harmonies are very different, very engaging. Always enjoy listening to what you're doing. Take care. Greg
Posted By: Jools B Re: Guitars duel - 05/06/14 07:03 AM
Originally Posted By: cubanpete
Thanks Tom, appreciate your comment, Im glad you liked it. Guenter, no Melodyne here, modified midi, and or soloist with a 100% fill around melody. Not always work as desired but sometimes produces an interesting result.

Mike B.

Haven't got the first clue what you're talking about there , but nice song and the guitars work well together.
Enjoyed that.

Jools
Posted By: olemon Re: Guitars duel - 05/08/14 12:35 PM
There are a number of folks here, you being among them, who amaze me with their arrangements, as you did on this. Good title:)

I really liked the stand-up bass...the entire mix for that matter.
Posted By: Icelander Re: Guitars duel - 10/03/14 12:15 AM
If you'd said that was a real guitar, I would've believed it, impressive stuff!
And that bongo (while perhaps a tad too strong?) was just the icing on the cake for me smile
© PG Music Forums