PG Music Home
Posted By: Kemmrich The Bup Bup Song - 05/18/14 03:57 PM
Holy Moly! The song is set at stately 120bpm, but it feels like it is flying out of control. I gotta work on the "two steps further" section a bit -- and maybe add some more bup-bups. I had decided I was going to end this year's FAWM with only 12 songs, but in the last 4 hours I knocked out this song and then a farewell tune. I am glad I didn't concede defeat!

Kevin

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Bup Bup Song
(c) Emmrich 2014

(verse)
You make me reach
for the stars up above
they're too far
but that's the
way you make me feel

(verse)
two steps further
one step back
it's never any easier than that,
but that's part of your appeal

(chorus)
you let me down easy
you pick me back up
no matter what happens
I never feel stuck

(verse)
gotta work on this
gotta work on that
don't sing sharp, don't sing flat
do it with all your might
just do it right

(chours)
you let me down easy
you pick me back up
no matter what happens
I never feel stuck

Kevin: acoustic guitars, vocals
BIAB: bass, drums

Posted By: floyd jane Re: The Bup Bup Song - 05/18/14 07:47 PM
Kevin...

This is a very cool song. It has such a great feel. A really SOLID mix on this. So natural sounding.

I like it.

floyd
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: The Bup Bup Song - 05/18/14 08:35 PM
Nice song and a good mix. Enjoyed the vocals and backing vocals.

Regards,

Charlie
Posted By: RichMac Re: The Bup Bup Song - 05/18/14 09:38 PM
cruisy! Enjoyed the bups and the guitar. Cheers.
Posted By: dani48 Re: The Bup Bup Song - 05/18/14 11:06 PM
Hi, Kevin !:))

I also enjoyed your bup bup
tune very much. Groovy sound
and vocal !:)) Just great, Kevin !

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Al-David Re: The Bup Bup Song - 05/19/14 12:27 AM
HI Kevin ...

We always know we're in for a pleasant surprise when we click onto one of your songs. We just wonder what kind of surprise is waiting fro us. They're always good surprises and this no exception. You are one of the most creative members of this board. That was a really fun listen! Best to you ...

Al & Di
Posted By: boehm Re: The Bup Bup Song - 05/19/14 12:54 AM
Hi Kevin,

nice song, natural sounding.
Fun listening.

Guenter
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: The Bup Bup Song - 05/19/14 02:05 AM
Really great feel and emotion! I think you need to flesh it out more-more depth and subject matter. It really feels good but it leaves one wanting more (which is a very good thing). Take care. Greg
Posted By: Kemmrich Re: The Bup Bup Song - 05/19/14 10:36 AM
Floyd: Thanks for the listen and kind words, always appreciated!

Charlie: Thanks for stopping on by. For anyone that is interested, I don't "tune" the lead vocal, but I lean heavily on melodyne for the backing vocals. Someone told me that folks can excuse slightly off lead vocals, but the harmonies have to be spot on. I don't know if that is true or not, but that's the approach I am taking. Harmonies are tough for me anyway. I can upgrade from melodyne essential to Editor for $125-149 this month, but Celemony is telling me that my Vista machine running sonar 8.5.3 probably won't cut it.

RichMac: Thanks for stopping on by and giving it a spin.

jessie: There really was no title that jumped out at me and the working title (when first posted at FAWM) was "Gotta Work On This". After sitting on it for a few days, I decided that "The Bup Bup Song" had a more interesting ring. Then someone at jpfoks.com also suggested the "Bup Bup Song" as a title and then poof, the name was born (ha, ha). I did search the internet for The Bup Bup songs and found a few titles there. One was called the Bupp Bup Song also, but I never could listen to it anywhere. This video has bup bups in it and it is a pretty good tune: Jennifer Hershman ~ Bup bup bup. Thanks for the visit!

Dani: Thanks for the listen and the kind remarks.

I'll come back for the others a little later today.
Posted By: olemon Re: The Bup Bup Song - 05/19/14 12:26 PM
The mix is excellent and the song is fun and easy to get into.

On your final version you might experiment with the timing of a lyric or two, but I'd be careful about that. I only mention because you felt it was flying, but that's a big part of this song's appeal so whatever you do, easy does it.
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: The Bup Bup Song - 05/19/14 09:17 PM
Like it, another finely produced track by you! thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: The Bup Bup Song - 05/20/14 07:01 PM
Now that was cool. Love those loose feeling airy productions. We enjoyed it. Hey, now I'm old, but it seems like Betty Boop used to say bup bup de dup. Gotta google that now.

Good one! Glad you cranked it out at the end.
Posted By: Danny C. Re: The Bup Bup Song - 05/20/14 07:41 PM
Enjoyable listen Kevin.

When you coming back on the jelly I miss your live sets man?

Later,
Posted By: Scott C Re: The Bup Bup Song - 05/21/14 01:11 AM
Cool tune. Nice bouncy rhythm. Neat lyrics, Excellent and playing
Posted By: MarioD Re: The Bup Bup Song - 05/21/14 02:02 AM
You had my foot tapping by the second beat of the first measure and that’s a very good thing! Great lyrics (I loved the “don’t sing sharp don’t sing flat verse”!), super backing tracks, outstanding vocals and guitar picking.

FWIW I say don’t change a thing!

Great job on this – two thumbs up!
© PG Music Forums