PG Music Home
Posted By: Al-David Junk In Your Trunk - Nu-Jazz Instrumental - 05/23/14 08:01 AM
This piece is one that gathers layers as it moves along. It starts out with minimal instrumentation then builds with each new verse. This probably won't appeal to everyone but I (Al) had a great time putting it together! We don't normally leave the drum count-off at the beginning but thought it was a good fit for this particular piece.

We like just about all genres of music and dabble in all of them at one time or another. For those of you who enjoy this genre, hope this sits okay in your ears. (Don't miss the short tag at the end!)

BIAB/RT ...

File:Al - Junk In Your Trunk - Ready.MGU
Key=C , Tempo 114, Length (m:s)=3:26
No intro. 94 bar chorus, from bar 1 to bar 94. Repeat x1 chorus
Melody has 85 notes, Melody harmony is < no harmony >(0)
Soloist track has 975 notes, Soloist harmony is < no harmony >(0)
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Song is saved with bar changes for Volume Changes,
Soloist is saved with the song : JPass Guitar (56)
Style is CITY1.STY (City1 - Urban jazz Soundtrack st)
Style MIDI Instruments are : Finger Electric Bass (34), Brass Section (62), Synth Strings 1 (51),
RealTracks in song: 911:Piano, Electric, Rhythm SmoothBallad dry Ev16 065
RealTracks in song: 1439:Piano, Electric, Soloist JazzFunkGroovin Ev16 110 (Bluesy)
MIDI Drums :1 Standard Drum Kit (1)

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12402023

Alan,

Cool! Very enjoyable.. I like when an instrumental seems to "hold together" and "song like a song"... this does.

You used a midi drum track - what did you use for drums sounds (they sound good)...

Like it...

floyd
Posted By: boehm Re: Junk In Your Trunk - Nu-Jazz Instrumental - 05/23/14 04:20 PM
Hi Alan,

enjoyed this very much. I like how the song builds up.
The two pianos are great.

Guenter
Hey Al, my kind of song man! very well done!And yess, liked the ending!!

Regards

Mike B.
Hi Floyd ...

Thanks for the nice review!!! As I mentioned in the intro paragraph, it's not going to be to the liking of some people - it's much different than most of what we hear on these boards. Glad you enjoyed it.

Regarding the drum sounds ... everything you heard in the percussions was indigenous to that midi drum track. I added nothing to it what-so-ever. The "ring-bell" on the small cymbal and the wood block are all included with that midi drum track. Pretty cool for a midi track! And the sound was crisp and bright.

Thanks again! Best to you from both if us ...

Alan & Di
Good Evening, Guenter (Saturday Morning there in Karlsruhe) ...

Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for letting us know. And yeah, I looked a long time to find that rhythm keyboard on the left channel. i wanted something that was full and expressive but wouldn't interfere with the lead keys. It seems to have worked out OK. Thanks for hat nice compoliment! Best to you!

Alan & Di
Hi Mike!

I had a feeling you might like this one ... and I was thinking of Alex (Dean), too. Glad you enjoyed it and the ending tag with the keys. Have a great weekend. Hasta luego!

Alan and Di
Hey Al, I really like this one. The pianos sound killer. The ending is cool. What a great funky listen to start my day. Tom
Thanks for the listen Al. Nice funky style. I liked it!
yes, really enjoyed the ride!
Hi Tom ...

Sorry to be so late getting back to you. We learned last week that our 20 year-old granddaughter has cancer and the prognosis is not good. So, we've been tied up with family issues regarding that.

Thanks for the kind words! And yeah, getting those two pianos to not step on each other very much was the real trick! Glad you enjoyed it! Best to you ...

Al
Hi VT ...

If you care to, see my reply to Tom about why I'm so late getting back to everyone. So glad you enjoyed the track. Thanks for letting us know! Berst to you ...

Alan
Sorry about being tardy with our reply. See my reply to Tom if you're wondering why.

Glad you enjoyed the ride. It was a lot of fun to put together. best to ya!

Alan & Di
A fun lively tune!! Flows very nicely. I like the energy! Take care. Greg
Hi Greg ...

Thanks so much! Glad you enjoyed it!
Posted By: olemon Re: Junk In Your Trunk - Nu-Jazz Instrumental - 06/03/14 12:42 PM
Hey man, that's cool. Like Floyd said, it totally gels. The production is outstanding, professional.

My mind cannot create this kind of music. I don't know how ya'll do that!

Wishing you both strength and peace.

Scott

© PG Music Forums