PG Music Home
Posted By: Kemmrich Alchemy - 06/01/14 02:15 PM
Some where in the archives this song is here, but I guess it is all the way back in 2011. I decided it needed an electric and Sam was visiting, so I had him lay down a track. I also wanted some extra vocals, but we ran out of time. He didn't finish, so I laid in some patched guitar parts. Hopefully over the next 2-4 weeks I can have him do the whole guitar part again. It is originally from 50/90 2011.

Kevin

Alchemy
(c) Emmrich/Everett 2014

It's not chemistry, it's alchemy
It's the way you move, it makes me lose
all my mind

you're fire and air in this affair
I'm earth and water makes you stronger
We’re intertwined

Just think about the last time you smiled
wasn't it with me by your side
I don't know why you fight it
when you see me you are so excited

it's elemental not judgmental
it's constructive not destructive
It's not misleading you but needing you
all the time

(bridge)
Every time we get together
The road before us turns to gold

It's not chemistry, it's alchemy
It's the way you move, it makes me lose
All my mind

you're fire and air in this affair
I'm earth and water, I make you stronger
may take some time
yea, yea yea

Kevin: acoustic guitars, vocal, shaker, electric guitar
Sam: electric guitar
BIAB: bass (387) , drums (RockBritDrivingEv16^1), acoustic guitar (676), trumpet (1070), trombone (?)
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: Alchemy - 06/01/14 02:47 PM
Hey Kevin
I really enjoyed that. I love that laid back while rough and ready vibe that you manage to get in your songs. You make it look so easy (I am sure it isn't easy though!!). I think the layered vocals are great.

Loved it.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Alchemy - 06/01/14 06:05 PM
Somehow I accidentally triggered "A little bit of love" first and I'm glad I did! Really nice work! I then found "Alchemy"-also wonderful. I really love your organic style. It feels like it's out of my favorite era. Fantastic stuff!! Keep it up. Take care. Greg
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Alchemy - 06/02/14 12:40 AM
cool tune...I was trying to remember what that song reminded me of.... maybe I'll remember later.
Posted By: dani48 Re: Alchemy - 06/02/14 05:51 AM
Hi, Kevin !:))

I liked this tune !
You could say that
the chemistry functioned
very well !:))

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: olemon Re: Alchemy - 06/02/14 12:03 PM
Do people dislike comparisons? Well, I can't help it. Old Crow Medicine Show came to mind as I listened to this organic Americana tune. I dig the genre and I dig this song!
Posted By: Al-David Re: Alchemy - 06/02/14 09:56 PM
kevin,

You manage to get that Singer-Songwriter attitude in your music better than anyone I know. Every time I listen to one of your songs, I get the feeling your right across the porch from me and picking your butt off and singing away! Great stuff!

Alan (and Di)
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Alchemy - 06/02/14 10:49 PM
Kevin,

Always enjoy hearing your stuff. The guitars were denser than your usual... the trumpet was a very nice surprise! It worked well!

floyd
Posted By: Sundance Re: Alchemy - 06/03/14 02:14 AM
Well that was unexpected! I like where you went with it Kevin. Cool trumpets are they RTs?

Josie
Posted By: Kemmrich Re: Alchemy - 06/03/14 01:15 PM
JosieC: Thanks for the listen. I do sound rough and raggedy at times -- and that is hard with BIAB keeping such a perfect 4/4/ beat on bass and drums (ha, ha).

Greg: How did you get to "Little Bit of Love"? Thanks for sticking with it and playing this one, too. It is always appreciated.

Herb: The two main chords are the same as in my recent "Bup-Bup" song (different key) -- maybe that's it (ha, ha). Thanks for stopping on by.

Dani: Thanks for listening and the kind words. Always nice wehn folks take the time to listen and comment.

oleman: I never mind comparisons, I always look at it as a compliment. Thanks for stopping on by and giving it a spin.

Al: Hard to know what I would sound like if I never discovered BIAB, but it has helped me reach sounds that I never would have without. Whether that is good or not is always open for debate!

Floyed: I think at times there were 4 acoustics munching along (normally just 2, though). I may try and EQ my guitar (right) a bit and see if it is clearer. Thanks for the listen!

Sundance: Yea, the trumpet is RT # 1070, but I don't know what patch I used for the trombone. Thanks for listening and commenting!
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Alchemy - 06/03/14 01:45 PM
Really nice song. Enjoyed it a lot.

Charlie
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Alchemy - 06/03/14 01:52 PM
Wow! This is a really enjoyable song. So much going on but w/o bogging down the song. That's not easy to do. I understand Olemon's comment re OCMS - it does have that vibe...but there's a lot more happening, e.g., the trumpet. And the lyric? Well, I never thought there could be another good play on "chemistry" in a song but then along comes "alchemy" which is both clever and catchy.

Great production!
© PG Music Forums