PG Music Home
PERFECT FRIENDS

This Monday afternoon I asked Floyd if he would be interested in putting something together for a TV spot opportunity where they are looking for something about friends, togetherness, pals, etc. A couple of hours later he came back to me with this song. I recorded a vocal and sent it to him. He mixed it in and sent me the Mp3. I put the video together. 24 hours and a time zone adjustment later this is what we ended up with.

We do hope you enjoy it.

Lyrics

You and me hand in hand
Together forever, Perfect Friends
You and me
You and me
Perfect Friends

Kick the can, hide and seek
Share a peck on the cheek
Rainy days, summer fun
Come what may, you're the one

You and me hand in hand
You and me
You and me
Perfect Friends

I know you, you know me
A better match could never be
Ups and downs, tears and smiles
A single step, a million miles

You and me hand in hand
You and me
You and me
Perfect Friends

No lies, no secrets
No excuses, no regrets
No matter what, nomatter where
Just call me, I'll be there

You and me hand in hand
You and me
You and me
Perfect Friends

You and me hand in hand
You and me
You and me
Perfect Friends
Joanne, Floyd:

Really nice job. I like the song and the video and suspect it will be well received by the client.

Thanks for sharing this.

John
Ha, what a uptempo, fun and peppy song. That mando is the perfect instrument for this. Nice video, lyrics and performance. Good luck on the pitching opportunity.
Posted By: tommyad Re: Perfect Friends (collab with Floyd Jane) - 06/03/14 10:00 PM
Joanne, floyd, This is a perfect song for a TV spot. Good luck on that. If that is mando it sounds like a uke. Very nice work keep us posted. Tom
Nice work! Hits the spot for the type of song requested-sweet, happy, and very pleasant. And on such short notice-Floyd, you truly are a hit machine! Take care. Greg
This is really nice. Good luck with getting the TV spot.

Regards,

Charlie
RealTracks in style: ~1137:Bass, Acoustic-Guitar, FolkSwing Sw 140
RealTracks in style: ~1143:Ukulele, Strumming FolkSwing Sw 140
RealTracks in song: ~1098:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm JazzSwingFreddie Sw 190
RealDrums in style: NashvilleBrushesHillbillySwing: a: Sidestick, Brushesb: Brushes, Stick
Great to hear a bright, boppy and lively melody. Nice lyrics, top choice of everything. Really enjoyed it.
Posted By: boehm Re: Perfect Friends (collab with Floyd Jane) - 06/04/14 02:40 PM
Hi Josie and Floyd,
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Great to hear a bright, boppy and lively melody. Nice lyrics, top choice of everything. Really enjoyed it.

What a great collab. I hope it will be chosen.

Guenter
Posted By: RnAM Re: Perfect Friends (collab with Floyd Jane) - 06/04/14 07:10 PM
Nicely done! Especially on such short notice.
Yep, definitely a winner. What a nice job.

Mike B.
Why do I work and work and work ad nauseum to get a mix that you can throw together apparently in the proverbial New York minute? Nice collab you two and hopefully the folks on the other end will appreciate the effort!!
Good job on such short notice. I love those kinds of writes from time to time and have done several.

I loved the island feel to the groove. Excellent choice for the topic.

I seem to recall seeing a listing come across my screen for that opportunity but I can't remember the details. Please keep us posted on how this goes...forward or return....and I'm assuming just the music is submitted.

well done on this.
John – Thanks for listening and watching the video and for your nice comments. We hope it is well received by the client but the worst that can happen is that we have a lovely new song out of it.

Kevin – Thanks. Nice to have back regularly on the forum. Bwt it is a uke not a mando

Tommy – Thanks. And yes it is a uke.

Greg – I agree, Floyd is an absolute genius to be able to put something like this together in such a short space of time.

Charlie – Thanks for dropping by. We appreciate it.

Videotrack – Thanks for your very kind comments.

Guenter – we will keep our fingers crossed. One of the best things about doing these kind of projects is getting the comments back from the pro fairly quickly.

Rob and Anne Marie – Thanks very much
Mike B – Thanks. We hope it is a winner!

Bud and Janice – I often wonder the same thing. Sometimes I sweat blood over something and it never sees the light. I guess some people have already put in the hours and the leg work to make all look quite simple now. Floyd definitely has done that.

Herb – Thanks. I am also loving doing these writes. I find it give me some direction with my otherwise aimless songwriting. The short deadlines and the quick turnaround on the feedback is great because you can submit, get the feedback then move straight onto something else. Only the music (not the video) is submitted. However, I made a pact with myself a while ago to try and build up my Youtube presence by putting a video together for each and every original song I put out there. There is a guy on streetjelly who has over 1000 Youtube videos!! He is now reaping the benefits of doing all that hard work.
Posted By: dani48 Re: Perfect Friends (collab with Floyd Jane) - 06/05/14 02:38 PM
Hi, Jo and Floyd !:))

This must be a winner !!!!
perfect tune for perfect friends !!:))
Good luck !!!!

Cheers
Dani
Had me from the opening - love that Yuke on happy songs!

I'll just add a BIG PLUS ONE with Bud when he said "Why do I work and work and work ad nauseum to get a mix that you can throw together apparently in the proverbial New York minute? Nice collab you two and hopefully the folks on the other end will appreciate the effort!!" Couldn't have said it better. LOL!

I know you're only submitting the song but nice work on the video too - it seems like it takes me forever to find footage or pictures that fit - doing that so quickly is no small feat either.

Josie
Posted By: MarioD Re: Perfect Friends (collab with Floyd Jane) - 06/07/14 02:04 AM
You both should be very proud of this one. Everything about this is perfect.

Great job.
wonderful song and production

and I too love the...

use of uke (lol!)
Hey y'all. Thanks for the listen and the comments.

Joanne does a good job of following up, so I'll just let her continue...

Joanne - thanks for including me in this - it was a lot of fun.

PG folks - thanks for providing THE BEST tool for producing things like this in no time at all...

floyd
Posted By: RichMac Re: Perfect Friends (collab with Floyd Jane) - 06/07/14 10:47 PM
Didn't like this at first ( no story ) but after a couple of listens it has grown on me. Really enjoyed the video and the holiday atmosphere the uke adds. Also the vocals, the production and the insistence of the lyrics. Amazingly put together so fast. Cheers.
I like the built up of the vocals as the tune progresses. Well done. The tune has a nice warm feeling to it.
-Patrick
P.S. I like the video too. I just saw it. I think it popped up behind another window the first time. Nice.
Dani – Thanks for stopping by and your lovely comments as usual.

Josie – I echo Bud and Janice’s thoughts as well. As mentioned I am determined to put out a video with each new song published so I am getting quite quick at it. It definitely takes some practice though.

Mario – Thanks (I didn’t miss the play on “perfect”)

Lawrence – Thanks. Looks like the uke is a hit. We got some feedback from the pro and he loves the uke.

Hi Rich. Judging from all your songs I would say a story would be important to you. grin Glad it grew on you. Interestingly the sample song that they gave us that they wanted a “similar” sounding song had very repetitive lyrics and no story at all (even less than our song!)

Hi Nobilis – Thanks for listening and commenting. Glad you got to see the video as well.
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Good job on such short notice. I love those kinds of writes from time to time and have done several.

I loved the island feel to the groove. Excellent choice for the topic.

I seem to recall seeing a listing come across my screen for that opportunity but I can't remember the details. Please keep us posted on how this goes...forward or return....and I'm assuming just the music is submitted.

well done on this.

I think Herb said it all in his first two sentences. Super song, super production and sounds perfect for the pitch opportunity. Good luck! Sounds like a winner to us!

Alan & Di
Posted By: olemon Re: Perfect Friends (collab with Floyd Jane) - 06/13/14 11:47 AM
Sometimes the best songs are the ones that happen all of the sudden...like this one:) Wonderful you two.

Fun, happy, clever lines, cool production, excellent vocals and vocal arrangement. The video is a winner too.

Ya'll nailed the listing requirements.

Best of luck!
Hi Al and Scott
Thank you both for listening and commenting. We really appeciate it.
© PG Music Forums