PG Music Home
Posted By: Janice & Bud I Won't Lose Control - 06/05/14 11:33 PM
I Won't Lose Control

Bill Osofsky was nice enough to send us one of his lyrics to see what we could cook up. Not being fans of modern country we decided to go with a country swing thing (not in vogue now but I DON'T CARE smile )

floyd jane and Tom (tommyad) were kind enough to put up with my arrangement/production (I'm still trying to get this electric/drums country thang down) and provide a fine harmony vocal and the cooking guitar solo, respectively.

The RT's are:
Bass - 1848
Guitar Rhythm 1 - 967
Guitar Rhythm 2 - 959
Drums N'ville Swing 8th's
Steel Rhythm - 617
Steel Solo - 1504
Fiddle Rhythm - 1117
Fiddle Lead - 1873

Thanks for taking the time to check it out and comments are most welcome!

J&B

Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: I Won't Lose Control - 06/06/14 10:14 AM
Bud, Janice, Tommy, Floyd and Bill

WOW. That is simply gorgeous. What a great collaboration with each person adding a part to make the whole thing outstanding. The lyric is such fun and that guitar solo..man. As usual, beautifully sung and produced. Well done you lot!
Posted By: dani48 Re: I Won't Lose Control - 06/06/14 11:12 AM
Hi, Janice and Bud & Co !

This must be the icing on the cake ?
It is just superb in every aspect ?
My absolute JBF&B fav. from now on !:))

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: I Won't Lose Control - 06/06/14 11:20 AM
Kool tune..... like a Texas swing two step with some crunch guitars going on in the background.

Yep, they don't make-um like that anymore.
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: I Won't Lose Control - 06/06/14 04:11 PM
Excellent work as usual, the mix is perfect, this one's ready for the radio today; thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: I Won't Lose Control - 06/06/14 06:14 PM
I love you're comment about not caring if your in vogue. Trends come and trends go but good is always....just good!! This is really nice work! The lyricist is a fine craftsman--concise, simple lines that say a lot and paint a great picture. Great work again! Take care. Greg
Posted By: RichMac Re: I Won't Lose Control - 06/06/14 09:29 PM
A great reproduction of the era and style. Precise and focused lyrics and an excellent mix. Love the vocal and harmonies and the vocal delivery of the last line. Cheers.
Posted By: Sundance Re: I Won't Lose Control - 06/07/14 01:06 AM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
I love you're comment about not caring if your in vogue. Trends come and trends go but good is always....just good!! This is really nice work! The lyricist is a fine craftsman--concise, simple lines that say a lot and paint a great picture. Great work again! Take care. Greg

+1

I like it.

Josie
Posted By: MarioD Re: I Won't Lose Control - 06/07/14 01:52 AM
Originally Posted By: Sundance

+1

I like it.

Josie

A Big +1

This is real country music! Super vocal and harmonies, super lyrics, great arrangement, outstanding guitar work and an other outstanding mix.

This is a keeper!
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: I Won't Lose Control - 06/07/14 04:43 AM
Good, traditional country music. Excellent production.

Regards,

Charlie
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: I Won't Lose Control - 06/07/14 12:39 PM
Originally Posted By: JosieC
Bud, Janice, Tommy, Floyd and Bill

WOW. That is simply gorgeous. What a great collaboration with each person adding a part to make the whole thing outstanding. The lyric is such fun and that guitar solo..man. As usual, beautifully sung and produced. Well done you lot!

Thanks Josie. It's been a lot of fun since we joined this community.

Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Janice and Bud & Co !

This must be the icing on the cake ?
It is just superb in every aspect ?
My absolute JBF&B fav. from now on !:))

Cheers
Dani

Thanks Dani. Electric instrument/drum productions are a struggle for me - glad you liked it.

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Kool tune..... like a Texas swing two step with some crunch guitars going on in the background.

Yep, they don't make-um like that anymore.

Thank Herb. I guess George Strait carried out the flag on this genre.
Posted By: boehm Re: I Won't Lose Control - 06/07/14 01:00 PM
Janice & Bud, Tommy, Floyd and Bill,

what a great collaboration. The lyric is real fun.
Great guitar solo. Beautifully sung and produced.
A very enjoyable listen.

Guenter
Posted By: tommyad Re: I Won't Lose Control - 06/07/14 02:46 PM
Bud & Janice, Thanks for letting be a small part of this one. I loved it from the moment I heard it. My favorite part besides the lyrics and Janice's vocal is the way the bass alternates between the 1,5 in the verses and the walking pattern in the choruses. It put the swang in this thang. Tom
Posted By: gruverider Re: I Won't Lose Control - 06/07/14 03:34 PM
sweet song!

the mix and production were top notch! the levels are in the pocket and each instrument has it's place!

expertly done!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: I Won't Lose Control - 06/07/14 09:08 PM
That's just flat-out fun. And flat-out good for every angle...
Posted By: RnAM Re: I Won't Lose Control - 06/07/14 11:19 PM
Hi Janice and Bud,
Cool Western song with nice lyrics. We like the harmonies.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: I Won't Lose Control - 06/08/14 01:38 AM
Originally Posted By: PgFantastic
Excellent work as usual, the mix is perfect, this one's ready for the radio today; thanks for sharing!

We can only wish radio would play that style of country now days! Thank you.

Thank you Greg. We really don't care smile Glad you liked it.

Originally Posted By: RichMac
A great reproduction of the era and style. Precise and focused lyrics and an excellent mix. Love the vocal and harmonies and the vocal delivery of the last line. Cheers.

Thanks! And, yeah man, she bent those notes a bit -- glad you liked that.

Bud
Posted By: cubanpete Re: I Won't Lose Control - 06/08/14 04:07 AM
Well guys, I agree that country swing might not be in vogue, but also agree that good stuff is good stuff, and that, never goes out of stile, it's simply good! and this collab is no exception. Congratulations!

Mike B.
Posted By: Al-David Re: I Won't Lose Control - 06/08/14 08:23 AM
Hey everyone involved with this ...

Great collab by all involved. I've known Bill Osofsky for about 7 or 8 years and I can vouch that he's as nice in person as he is on the various forums he frequents. He's a true gentleman and a terrific lyricist!

I hear a lot of "Asleep At The Wheel" in this one. Now don't get me wrong, Janice is a "WHOLE LOT" prettier than Ray Benson! But she has that same Country Swing in her voice.

Very nice job by all concerned. It's amazing how we can collab with folks from all over the globe, almost as though they're in the next room.

Loved our listen!

Alan and Di
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: I Won't Lose Control - 06/08/14 12:14 PM
Originally Posted By: Sundance

+1
I like it.
Josie

Thanks - glad you do!

Originally Posted By: MarioD

A Big +1
This is real country music! Super vocal and harmonies, super lyrics, great arrangement, outstanding guitar work and an other outstanding mix.
This is a keeper!

Thanks - we appreciate you commenting on those aspects!

Originally Posted By: c_fogle
Good, traditional country music. Excellent production.

Regards,

Charlie

Thanks Charlie - we tried to make it sound trad.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: I Won't Lose Control - 06/08/14 08:35 PM
Originally Posted By: boehm
Janice & Bud, Tommy, Floyd and Bill,

what a great collaboration. The lyric is real fun.
Great guitar solo. Beautifully sung and produced.
A very enjoyable listen.

Guenter

Thanks Guenter -- Tom played it well for sure.

Originally Posted By: tommyad
Bud & Janice, Thanks for letting be a small part of this one. I loved it from the moment I heard it. My favorite part besides the lyrics and Janice's vocal is the way the bass alternates between the 1,5 in the verses and the walking pattern in the choruses. It put the swang in this thang. Tom

Yep, I used to alternate my bass rhythm like that when we did old country style songs in our bluegrass band. Thanks again for the help on this!
Posted By: olemon Re: I Won't Lose Control - 06/08/14 10:43 PM
Hey people, so fine, on every level!

I don't care what's 'in' either...this works, all of it, from the songwriting to the sweet vocal that sells the story to the mix that let's it shine to the swinging guitar phrasing that keeps it moving along.

Way to go ya'll!!
Posted By: PatrickH Re: I Won't Lose Control - 06/09/14 02:46 AM
I kept waiting for the, "oh what the heck, why not line?" smile smile smile Ever the optimist.

Great production nonetheless!

-Patrick
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: I Won't Lose Control - 06/09/14 10:52 PM
Originally Posted By: gruverider
sweet song!

the mix and production were top notch! the levels are in the pocket and each instrument has it's place!

expertly done!

We appreciate that Mr Gruve!

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
That's just flat-out fun. And flat-out good for every angle...

Thanks floyd, always nice knowing you liked on of our efforts!

Originally Posted By: R & AM
Hi Janice and Bud,
Cool Western song with nice lyrics. We like the harmonies.

Thank y'all. Glad the harmony worked for you.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: I Won't Lose Control - 06/12/14 04:14 PM
Originally Posted By: cubanpete
Well guys, I agree that country swing might not be in vogue, but also agree that good stuff is good stuff, and that, never goes out of stile, it's simply good! and this collab is no exception. Congratulations!

Mike B.

Thank you!!

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hey everyone involved with this ...

Great collab by all involved. I've known Bill Osofsky for about 7 or 8 years and I can vouch that he's as nice in person as he is on the various forums he frequents. He's a true gentleman and a terrific lyricist!

I hear a lot of "Asleep At The Wheel" in this one. Now don't get me wrong, Janice is a "WHOLE LOT" prettier than Ray Benson! But she has that same Country Swing in her voice.

Very nice job by all concerned. It's amazing how we can collab with folks from all over the globe, almost as though they're in the next room.

Loved our listen!

Alan and Di

Thank y'all -- yep this net collab thing is a lot of fun.

Originally Posted By: olemon
Hey people, so fine, on every level!

I don't care what's 'in' either...this works, all of it, from the songwriting to the sweet vocal that sells the story to the mix that let's it shine to the swinging guitar phrasing that keeps it moving along.

Way to go ya'll!!

Thanks a bunch -- really glad you liked it.

Originally Posted By: nobilis
I kept waiting for the, "oh what the heck, why not line?" smile smile smile Ever the optimist.

Great production nonetheless!

-Patrick

Thats and that was funny!!
© PG Music Forums