PG Music Home
This song was created on a different music program several years ago. On the chorus I added BIAB strings on the Choruses so I could post it here in good conscience!)

The lyric is total nonsense but so danged much fun! Di wrote the lyric to this one and I wrote the music. One more note - the very short acoustic lead guitar riff really sucks! There's a long story about why it came out like it did but I won't bore you with it. I've been too lazy, and lately too busy, to go back and redo it. But, I will in time. And if I can find a similar BIAB style, we'll redo the whole song. So far, I've not found a similar Reggae beat/style in BIAB.

Di literally wrote the lyric for this in less than 30 minutes. I was messing around with the music on my guitar and she said, "I like that. I have an idea for a lyric." And she did - in less than 30 minutes! And amazingly, the lyric is her first draft, not a single word changed! I'm impressed. So, here you go with a total nonsensical song that we feel is a lot of fun.

Perhaps we should send this to the folks who make Jello brand gelatin?

BIAB Midi Track Instrument 50: Slow Strings. Everything else from a different program.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11074563

Strawberry Jello

(v1)
My Baby knows what to do
When I’m sad and blue
He don’t bring me candy or flowers
He brings me colors from a rainbow
He knows how to make me smile
He knows just what I like

CHORUS
My baby brings me Jello, Strawberry
Not cherry, not grape, not banana
He knows I love Strawberry
Strawberry Jello, Strawberry Jello

(v2)
When I can’t find a song
When my heart can’t sing along
When me feet refuse to do dance
There’s only one thing to do
My Baby knows what it takes
To make me want to sing again

CHORUS

MUSIC INTERLUDE

CHORUS TWICE

© 2011 Alan D. David, BMI / Diana Bowers, BMI
This is a fun song! I don't know if I could get away with calling anything my wife did "total nonsense", although I'm not sure you're married (different last names). But, fun song none the less! Take care. Greg
Hi Greg,

Yep, we're married. Diana Randall is her professional name. She herself said it was a bunch of nonsense but she liked it anyway. I agreed and we recorded it. Thanks for the listen. Glad you had a little fun with it!

Alan & Di
Di and Alan...

Something light...jello! Fun.

I would think you might find a BIAB organ to add instead of strings.
A little more appropriate for reggae... just at thought

floyd
Hi Floyd,

Ya know, I never thought about an organ. I'll look into that ... might be just the right thing! Thanks!

Alan & Di
Hi Di and Alan,

a real fun song. Enjoyed it a lot.

Guenter
Very cool and even more so given how quickly it was developed -- strawberry is good!

Hey, there's a reggae organ in one of the BIAB reggae groups -- we've used it in all of our reggae tunes (all four that is :-))

J&B
I had a strawberry popsicle in your honor as I listened to your reggae Jell-O celebration!

Sweet song!
Al & Di,

Enjoyed it a lot! Fun and feel good. I like that little bit of sass in there Di. <grin>

Yeah, the RT Reggae Organ would fit really nice.

Josie
'...nonsense but so danged much fun.'

We need those light hearted tunes too, and they are fun.

You're so creative...I hope you'll post the RT remix if you decide to go that route.

Take care you two:)
Hi, Al & Di !:))

Strawberry times are nearing
over here too !:)) (chuckle) !!
I do like strawberries and strawberry
jello too even if I have to be
restrictive for the time being
as I am in a process of taking off
10 kg of body weight !!!:))

I liked your reagge very much !

Cheers
Dani
Love this! Makes sense to me. Love the clarity of the whole production. Good one Di and Al. Cheers.
Great sound. Very nice. Enjoyed it a lot. I think I remember you, Al, from another group. And your great guitar playing.
© PG Music Forums