PG Music Home
Posted By: JoanneCooper Kiss Me Slowly - 06/12/14 07:30 PM
Kiss Me Slowly on Youtube

Kiss Me Slowly on Soundcloud

Hi All. This one is something completely different for me. A love song plain and simple!

I wrote it in response to an opportunity for a slow and romantic song for the end of a movie. Something you could do a slow dance to.

I hope you enjoy it and comments are most welcome as usual.

Realtracks are
RealTracks in song: 533:Bass, Electric, 12-8 Crystal Sw 065
RealTracks in song: ~526:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Hank Sw 065
RealTracks in song: 895:Piano, Acoustic, Solo-Accompaniment PopSlow12-8 Ev 060
RealDrums in Song: Pop128^1-a:SideStick, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride
Some MIDI strings were added.

Harmonies are mostly me with some BIABettes to thicken up the sound.

Posted By: RichMac Re: Kiss Me Slowly - 06/12/14 09:44 PM

Delightful! Thoroughly enjoyed the video and the song which is beautifully done with tasteful backing. Very nice harmonies. Cheers.
Posted By: Skyline Re: Kiss Me Slowly - 06/13/14 11:36 AM
Very nice indeed Josie. Beautifully delivered.

John

PS: The Soundcloud link doesn't go to this song (for me anyway!)
Posted By: Charlie McG Re: Kiss Me Slowly - 06/13/14 12:04 PM
When it first started it reminded of "Young Love." Very nice. Enjoyed the listen.
Posted By: boehm Re: Kiss Me Slowly - 06/13/14 01:01 PM
Hi Josie,
Originally Posted By: RichMac

Delightful! Thoroughly enjoyed the video and the song which is beautifully done with tasteful backing. Very nice harmonies.

I would have liked the harmonies a little louder.
But that's just my taste.

Guenter
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Kiss Me Slowly - 06/13/14 05:02 PM
Beautiful song and I think the stylistic difference is a very good fit for you. I hope you occasionally will grace us with more of these gems in the future.

Regards,

Charlie
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Kiss Me Slowly - 06/13/14 07:27 PM
Nice job on that, Joanne. Good balance on the instruments (the drums could be a little louder). The reverb you used on your vocal is very nice. Nice harmonies...

Nice.

floyd
Posted By: dani48 Re: Kiss Me Slowly - 06/13/14 10:01 PM
Hi, Jo !:))

What a beautiful and tender tune
you´ve written and sung !:))
Somehow your song took me
back to those golden years
of yore !:)) I loved the journey
too !:))

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: gruverider Re: Kiss Me Slowly - 06/14/14 02:38 PM
Was I supposed to get kind of excited? Because I did. Wonderful write! (I'm hearing some distortion in the lead vocal esp. on the O's like "On" and "hold")
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: Kiss Me Slowly - 06/15/14 12:05 PM
Hi Rich – thanks so much. I am so glad you found it delightful

John – Thanks so much for finding the time to listen to my song. I do hope to hear you back on the forums shortly and I am holding thumbs for both you and your wife. I fixed the soundcloud link. Thanks for pointing it out.

Hi Charlie (McG) – Thanks so much. I take it that it is Sonny James you are referring to http://youtu.be/pU_8D5jBqd0

Hi Guenter – thanks for that. I will probably redo this one as the lead vocals are a bit distorted (as Lawrence picked up). I am working on a different computer (I spilled tea all over my usual one) and am battling with the sound setup.

Hi Charlie (Fogle) – Thank you for you kind comments. I will definitely consider doing more of these sorts of projects in the future.

Floyd – thanks. I may redo this and will bring up the drums if I do.

Dani – Thanks you for your sweet comments. I always appreciate them

Lawrence – Hopefully it was the singing that got to you and not the corny video. Ha ha. I do think there is some distortion and it has been worrying me. Battling with a different computer so will probably redo it.
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Kiss Me Slowly - 06/15/14 06:42 PM
hi Josie I enjoy your music very much great job on all of it thanks for sharing eric
Posted By: Steve Young Re: Kiss Me Slowly - 06/17/14 01:10 AM
Great vocals, Joanne. It has a little female Roy Orbison sound to me. Very nice!

Steve
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Kiss Me Slowly - 06/17/14 09:17 PM
Very, very nice. That acoustic guitar sounds really good and the vocal is sitting right where, by my ears, it oughta be. I'm with floyd on the vocal reverb -- perfect for your voice.

Simple love songs are what the world needs more of.

Thanks for sharing.

J&B
Posted By: Sundance Re: Kiss Me Slowly - 06/18/14 03:10 AM
JosieC.,

I like your romantic side too. This is lovely.

Josie
Posted By: tommyad Re: Kiss Me Slowly - 06/18/14 12:05 PM
Joanne, Very nice write. Well sung but i also am hearing some distortion on the lead vocal. Very well put together. I enjoyed it. Tom
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: Kiss Me Slowly - 06/18/14 07:22 PM
Hi Eric, Bud, Steve, Josie and Tommy - thanks for your nice comments. So glad you liked it. I enjoyed singing it too!

I agree with Tommy on the distortion on the vocals.

I will rerecord it once I have figured out how to do that without distortion on this funny old computer!
© PG Music Forums