PG Music Home
Denny didn't like the way I did this so here's his version. Thanks Denny.

https://soundcloud.com/denny-g1/down-at-the-country-music-club

Original version

https://soundcloud.com/tuigorge/fawm-no6-down-at-the-country

Cheers.
Hi Richard,

a nice version, too. But I like your arrangement much better.
And your "voice" can't be copied.

Guenter
This is a good song. I went back and listened to your version as comparison to Denny's. It's interesting with music how different people 'feel' the same song. Both interpretations are good but I preferred your original better as the music had more life to it and drew me into the song and held my attention better. Your vocal fit the song better for me also. Denny did a good job and its not until the two versions are compared that the music in Denny's seems to drag and doesn't relay the club excitement feel as well as your version. Great lyrics. This is a nice song.

Charlie
I think this version works very well (don't remember the other). I like the arrangement and it is well sung. I would probably the process the voice a bit differently-it sounds a little "phased" which is unusual for country production. But, all in all, a nice song and very pleasant listen! Take care. Greg
Thanks Guenter. Thank goodness we are all quite unique. I am flattered that Denny would want to sing the song. It's the first time anyone else has done one of mine. Thanks for listening. Cheers.

Thank you Charlie. Different interpretations are interesting for sure. Good of you to listen to both. Denny has a very strong voice and the original idea for the song was with a traditional style but I came across the New Orleans style and liked it better. We are happily spoilt for choices with BIAB. Cheers.

Hi Greg. Will include a link to the original. Dennys version is more like the way I sing it at the club. Am delighted that he took the time to do it. Will have a go at one off his soon. Thanks for checking it out. Cheers.
Hi, Rich !

I liked this version too !:))

Cheers
Dani
Thanks Dani. Glad you enjoyed it. Cheers.
© PG Music Forums