PG Music Home

Hey Y'all,

I've been recovering from skin cancer surgery on my leg for the past week - 30 stitches. So night before last I was playing around drawing on the computer and I got this idea to make an artsy motion visualization video for one of my songs using my own art and adding my own effects. I finished making the video late last night. It's a little trippy. I used it on my most listened to song on SC that I wrote last year. I thought it came out well for my first time doing a video like this.

I wish we had a specific forum for user videos - (hello Andrew???).

Anyway, if you watch in full screen HQ you'll really get the full effect. <grin>

Hope you enjoy it. Thank you for watching.

I Can't Be Your Friend

Josie
Hi Josie.

Sorry to hear about your surgery, but glad you're recovering now.

So, following your advice, I watched on the 47in monitor in full screen and with the lights out - it's just before midnight here in England as I write this.

Wonderful, except that the super graphics and your lovely voice nearly sent me into a trance! You obviously put a lot of work into that and it was certainly worth the effort.

I don't remember that song, but it's got to be one of your best. Just going back, now, for a second listen (and view).

Take care, ROG.
Graphics were great, but not as good as the audio. What a beautiful song!! I had not heard it before. It was quite pop style compared with the others I've heard. Love the song, the vocal, and the arrangement! Are those BIAB real tracks? Love the EP. Take care. Greg
Whoa!, good thing i was already resting horizontal. The room is still spinning ever so slowly. Thanks. Very nice song too, with that distant sax behind you melodies.
-Patrick

P.s. With 30 stitches i might be tempted to tell folks i was bit by a shark while surfing the North Shore ( there might be a song in there somewhere). I wish you a speedy recovery!
Great job on the video and music. You have a talent for producing both. Enjoyed the video. I think I can't be your friend would have been a perfect song for Karen Carpenter were she still living today. This is a well written song.

Charlie
Hey ROG,

Thanks for watching on the big screen! So glad you enjoyed my artistic vision of the heart's emotions moving with the song.

I'm better now the first few days are a foggy Hades. Get these stitches out on Monday.

Josie
Thank you Greg,

Yes it's all RT's. I am so spoiled with them I can't remember the last time I played anything I actually recorded. I go through genre phases - keeps it fun. Glad the song moved you and you liked the video.

Appreciate it,

Josie
Patrick,

Your shark idea made me laugh - I could really do that 'cause it looks like something took a bite out of my leg. Down here I could say it was a gator.

Glad you enjoyed the music video. And I was not on pain meds when I made it - just in case you're wondering. smile

Josie
Thank you Charlie,

I'm so glad you liked the video and the song. That song was a very emotional write.

Karen was one of my favs growing up.

Josie
Hi Josie! Loved the video and the song I'm sure the video adds another dimension and it all goes together beautifully. Great presentation. Cheers. Be well.
Hi Josie
Glad to see you working around again with videos. I think the videoa definately adds something to the song. Always loved the song!
Hi, Josie !

My friend, please get better fast !
This must be your best Josie !
It really went to my heart, you
know how sensitive I am !
I hope I can be your friend, still ?

Cheers
Dani
Hi Josie,

the video is nice.
But I think the song doesn't need graphics.
It's so beautiful on its own.
I really like the vocals and the arrangement.

Guenter
Josie, Wow! I missed that song somewhere along the line. This is undoubtably your best song and performance. Well written with an incredible melody. Extremely well sung. Nice job on the real track selection. This is the real deal. Excellent job. Hope you heal quickly. I'm going back for another listen, I love it. Tom
Hey, heal up quickly!! That's gotta be a tough thing to go through. Our best to you.

Well, I've got 12 years on Janice and during the summer when she was a lass of 11 years old (1968) I graduated from college and made the obligatory trip to San Francisco.....so I've got good cred when I say we loved the song and the light show.

A fine song and super cool graphics. My favorite part was the lightening. Everything works well and works in concert. Congrats on a memorable production!
Hi Rich,

That makes me feel good.

Thank you,

Josie
Josie,
Wonderful song as usual but I have to say I was careful with the video since my mini-mini stroke type thing (TIA). I passed the linkie to my Optician, who plays sax in a Jazz band, and he said he LOVED the song and will use the video now as part of an eye test LOL!

Alyn
Like the song and the vid Josie. Having a flashback. grin

Get well soon.

Regards,

Bob
Really beautiful vocals Josie

Nice melody and lyrics. This is a great number, definitely one of your best.

Yep, the video clip is a bit trippy, but certainly works overall, and there's nothing wrong with that!

Nice, enjoyed the listen. Thanks for sharing, and full recovery ASAP eh?

Trevor

Neat song. Hard to believe the song and video were done a year apart since they match each other so well.

Hope your recovery continues to go well.
Josie,

Hope you are doing well...

Such a terrific melody on this song! An enjoyable listen. So very smooth...

floyd
Josie!!

First of all, glad to hear that your doctor caught the skin cancer at an early stage and got it off! (It doesn't always work out that way!)

I really think you should run with the "gator bite" explanation... and I also think you should keep us posted on the responses you get. That's a classic! wink

now, to the video:
I already commented on the song when you posted it by itself ... but I like it all over again! I agree with the Karen Carpenter similarity, but you also have a very unique thing going that can't really be compared to anybody else. From a singer-song writer perspective, having a unique sound is about the ideal situation, and you have it.

But I'm dying to know how you recorded the drawing of the heart graphic! That was totally cool! Did you use screen capture software to record what you were drawing in a computer graphics program?? VERY interesting, I want all the details, but only if you don't have to kill me after I know them.

wink

The video is indeed trippy, but to my eyes, that's a highly desirable trait for a music video to have!

if actions speak louder than words, maybe I should just skip the verbal reviews and simply change my nick to "JOSIE'S FAN"

The song arrangement is very soothing. A great listen.

I liked the video as well. Well crafted.

much enjoyed!
Josie,
Very nice, as usual. I always enjoy your musical (and now graphical) ability.
Thanks for the very enjoyable listen!
Hope your visit to the doctor is a quick and easy one...
JosieC.

Thank you so much. The videos are fun. Thanks for your encouragement to get off my bazoo and do them.

Dani,

You are so sweet. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Friends forever.

Guenter,

Thank you. I appreciate that.

Tommy,

Thank you very much. That made me smile. I'm happy it resonated with you.
J&B,

Thank y'all. I'm glad you liked it. We went to Stone Mountain Park which might be near your neck of the woods. Awesome laser light show. They beam it right on the mountain. In '68 I graduated from 8th grade and got his big gaudy psychedelic pendant necklace where the image on it changed colors when it moved - I wore that thing everywhere all summer. LOL

Alyn,

So nice to see you. Sorry about your mini mini's. Glad your friend enjoyed it and the eye test made me laugh.

Bob,

Thank you, I appreciate it. Flashback - LOL!

Floyd,

Thank you for watching. I know you're not into videos that much. I don't like many of the ones the record companies make. A lot of them distract me more than getting me into the music.
It's all been said. I really like this song, the lyrics, and your vocal. Outstanding! The mix is also super.

I like the graphics although I thought that they were a bit redundant. But that did not detract from the song.

This is a keeper.
Pat,

Thank you, I appreciate that very much.

I'm past the stitches and went back to work this week with those little strips that stay on. The drawing is an effect in Videostudio - you can still live. LOL!

Mario,

I appreciate you watching and your comments. Thank you.

Josie
Wow, this is a stunner Josie! You really got inside this song with that vocal. Beautifully put together, and the video totally complemented the song. Great stuff.

Sorry to hear you were poorly, and glad you're on the mend now. x

John
Hi Josie,

I've been away from the forums for a while. Like with you, real life came along and took me in a different direction for a time. It's good to be back, now, though.

Wow!! This is top notch in every single way. Your vocals are superb, and the arrangement, the mix and the production are outstanding. I loved everything about this work of yours.

Best wishes for a speedy healing from all those stitches!

Regards,
Noel
John,

I'm so happy you liked it. Thank you very much.

Noel,

Thank you very much. I appreciate that a lot.

You know, I was just wondering about you this past week - no kidding - it's not like you to be away from the forum for so long. Glad to see you back and I hope all is well with you.

Josie
© PG Music Forums