PG Music Home
Posted By: tommyad Austin - 07/11/14 11:47 PM
Proceed with Caution- If you don't like the blues, don't come here.

All comments/suggestions welcomed.

http://tommyadamsmusic.com/music#

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12853159

RealTracks in style: 1922:Bass, Electric, TexasBluesRockSlow12-8 Sw 06
RealTracks in style: 1924:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm TexasBluesRockSlow12-8Sol Sw 060
RealTracks in style: 1923:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm TexasBluesRockSlow12-8Brent Sw 060
RealTracks in song: ~675:Organ, B3, Background Blues Monday Sw 065
RealTracks in song: 1955:Sax, Alto, Soloist TexasBluesRockSlow12-8Mark Sw 060
RealDrums: RealDrums in Style: BluesRock128^6-a:Snare, HiHat Loose , b:Snare, Ride
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: Austin - 07/12/14 12:46 AM
Now this is the blues, awesome work thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Austin - 07/12/14 12:57 AM
AWESOME!! I've come to expect amazing guitar work from you, but I was even more blown away by the vocal. Love the vocal performance and the processing-feels retro and ultra-blue!! One of the best blues tunes I've ever heard! Take care. Greg
Posted By: boehm Re: Austin - 07/12/14 01:33 AM
Hi Tommy,

see it like Greg: "I've come to expect amazing guitar work from you, but I was even more blown away by the vocal."
And that sax blends absolutely perfectly with your guitar.
It's awesome.

Guenter
Posted By: RichMac Re: Austin - 07/12/14 01:50 AM
Electrifying! Great atmosphere. Nice raspy vocals. Very blue lyrics. Incredible skreechy leads. Yippee! Cheers.
Posted By: Sundance Re: Austin - 07/12/14 02:17 AM
LOL! Thank you for the warning but I listened anyway.

I was thinking how good your voice sounded - cool drums, bass and organ - then that guitar and sax came in and I was floored.

So whether it's my fav genre or not, I can say this, it's one of if not the best arranged/produced straight out blues track I've heard on this forum.

Killer arrangement and sound.

Josie
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Austin - 07/12/14 02:32 AM
Good stuff Tommy, I love it man.

Later,
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Austin - 07/12/14 02:37 AM
I've got to go with the others on this one -- AWESOME

This is good stuff.

Charlie
Posted By: PatrickH Re: Austin - 07/12/14 03:00 AM
Great blues. Raw and powerful. Great energy in you vocals and solos too.
Posted By: RickeG Re: Austin - 07/12/14 03:19 AM
Like all who have posted thus far, I enjoyed your melodic lines on your guitar. I liked your guitar processing as well. It was very crisp and well articulated.

Can't say much about your vocals. As an instrumentalist, the singing just gets in the way of good guitar playing! smile

Oh yeah, the female vocal part in in "Little thing called love" is really sweet! It held my attention which happens with guitars only. smile
Posted By: gibson Re: Austin - 07/12/14 08:52 AM
Tommy,

I love the blues. Just wish I could play, and sing, it as well as you do.

That was excellent. Nah better than excellent!

good stuff
Alyn
Posted By: tommyad Re: Austin - 07/12/14 02:09 PM
Originally Posted By: PgFantastic
Now this is the blues, awesome work thanks for sharing!

Robert, Thanks for listing and commenting. Tom

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
AWESOME!! I've come to expect amazing guitar work from you, but I was even more blown away by the vocal. Love the vocal performance and the processing-feels retro and ultra-blue!! One of the best blues tunes I've ever heard! Take care. Greg

Greg, You have inspired me to work a little harder on my vocals. Thanks for the kind words. Tom

Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Tommy,see it like Greg: "I've come to expect amazing guitar work from you, but I was even more blown away by the vocal."
And that sax blends absolutely perfectly with your guitar.

It's awesome.

Guenter

Guenter, Thanks. The sax is run through the same effects as the guitar in an effort to get the sounds close. Tom

Originally Posted By: RichMac
Electrifying! Great atmosphere. Nice raspy vocals. Very blue lyrics. Incredible skreechy leads. Yippee! Cheers.

Richard, I never thought I'd hear skreechy and incredible in the same description. Thanks, Tom
Posted By: tommyad Re: Austin - 07/12/14 02:16 PM
Originally Posted By: Sundance
LOL! Thank you for the warning but I listened anyway.

I was thinking how good your voice sounded - cool drums, bass and organ - then that guitar and sax came in and I was floored.

So whether it's my fav genre or not, I can say this, it's one of if not the best arranged/produced straight out blues track I've heard on this forum.

Killer arrangement and sound.

Josie

Josie, Don't know if I'll ever convert you, but you can bet I won't stop trying. Thanks for your very kind words. Tom

Originally Posted By: Danny C.
Good stuff Tommy, I love it man.

Later,

Danny, Thanks for checking in on this one. Tom

Tom
Originally Posted By: c_fogle
I've got to go with the others on this one -- AWESOME

This is good stuff.

Charlie

Charlie, Thanks for listening and commenting. Tom

Originally Posted By: nobilis
Great blues. Raw and powerful. Great energy in you vocals and solos too.

Patrick, Raw is where I was going on this. Thanks for the nice words. Tom
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Austin - 07/12/14 02:19 PM
Good one Tommy. You got da tone man.
Posted By: tommyad Re: Austin - 07/12/14 04:36 PM
Originally Posted By: RickeG
Like all who have posted thus far, I enjoyed your melodic lines on your guitar. I liked your guitar processing as well. It was very crisp and well articulated.

Can't say much about your vocals. As an instrumentalist, the singing just gets in the way of good guitar playing! smile

Oh yeah, the female vocal part in in "Little thing called love" is really sweet! It held my attention which happens with guitars only. smile

Ricke, thanks for taking the time to listen and comment. I appreciate it. Tom
Posted By: tommyad Re: Austin - 07/12/14 04:40 PM
Originally Posted By: gibson
Tommy,

I love the blues. Just wish I could play, and sing, it as well as you do.

That was excellent. Nah better than excellent!

good stuff
Alyn

Alyn, Thanks for your kind words. They mean a lot to me.

Originally Posted By: 90 dB
Good one Tommy. You got da tone man.

Bob, It took me a few years to find the tone, so now I'm milking it. Thanks, Tom
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Austin - 07/12/14 05:11 PM
Very good Tommy, almost missed it, Blues as its best!

Thanks for posting

Mike B.
Posted By: dani48 Re: Austin - 07/12/14 10:52 PM
Hi, Tommy !:))

This is good ! Your voice
fits this kind of music very well
(a demanding genré indeed) !!:))

...but what did you really do
over in Austin ? (lol) !

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Skyline Re: Austin - 07/13/14 09:43 AM
What's not to like! Fruity and tasty down home blooz as usual Tommy!
cool

John
Posted By: tommyad Re: Austin - 07/13/14 01:32 PM
Originally Posted By: cubanpete
Very good Tommy, almost missed it, Blues as its best!

Thanks for posting

Mike B.

Thanks for listening Mike. Tom

Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Tommy !:))

This is good ! Your voice
fits this kind of music very well
(a demanding genré indeed) !!:))

...but what did you really do
over in Austin ? (lol) !

Cheers
Dani

Dani, Thanks for checking in and what happened in Austin stays in Austin. Tom

Originally Posted By: Skyline
What's not to like! Fruity and tasty down home blooz as usual Tommy!
cool

John

John, Thanks for the kind words,. Glad you liked it. Tom
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Austin - 07/13/14 08:00 PM
HUGE!

Your most confident vocal ever. Big and right up front - excellent.

Right off the bat... did you do something to get that ride cymbal to be so far right? (it sounds great)... the whole kit is sharp!

The first time I listened to this I was impressed by how the sax sounded like a perfect mate to your guitar. Clever that you processed it...

This is just what a blues song should be. An interesting lyric that does not get in the way of the song - the blues, that is... excellent write.

Tasty, Tasty guitar. That boy CAN PLAY!!!! Just the right mix of musical and flash. You impress me more with each song/production.

Top-notch in every regard.

floyd
Posted By: George Ireton Re: Austin - 07/14/14 03:03 AM
Tom,
This is my very first post. I should get my BIAB tomorrow. Never used it before. Total noob. Now... Let me just say that your song meets ALL my expectations on how a finished work should sound!

Looking forward to following your fine example and sharing my music in the future. Way to slam the cat down and show how it's done... SON!
Posted By: gruverider Re: Austin - 07/14/14 11:33 PM
Two words: Total Immersion!

I was traipsing down Bourbon St. when I heard you pouring out of the "Old Absinthe House" right there on the corner at Bienville.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Austin - 07/15/14 03:00 PM
I've got a brother-in-law that plays the blues, three friends that are ace blues pickers, and have listened to the blues since the mid 60's. From Robert Johnson to Gregg Allman and all points between I'm always loving me some blues.

And, man, is this some more to love. A great slow blues, for me, just drags you into it and will not let go until the last note fades out. Youhave a great way with making a guitar work WITH a vocal and this shows off that talent big time. Spot on vocal delivery, lyrics, guitar, arrangement and mix.

The whole package. Congrats!!
Posted By: RnAM Re: Austin - 07/15/14 04:18 PM
Hello Tommy,

a great song! Good vocals and a very nice and raw guitar sound. The combination with the saxophone really works.

Regards,
R & AM
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Austin - 07/15/14 07:28 PM
Everyboddy done gone and gots da bluez.....

Very cool song.
Posted By: tommyad Re: Austin - 07/15/14 09:30 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
HUGE!

Your most confident vocal ever. Big and right up front - excellent.

Right off the bat... did you do something to get that ride cymbal to be so far right? (it sounds great)... the whole kit is sharp!

The first time I listened to this I was impressed by how the sax sounded like a perfect mate to your guitar. Clever that you processed it...

This is just what a blues song should be. An interesting lyric that does not get in the way of the song - the blues, that is... excellent write.

Tasty, Tasty guitar. That boy CAN PLAY!!!! Just the right mix of musical and flash. You impress me more with each song/production.

Top-notch in every regard.

floyd

floyd, Glad you caught that drum processing. There is a imaging effect in Logic called stereo spread. It accentuates to a great degree what is already there. The drums as you know in BIAB are recorded in stereo. This effect took what was there and flipped it over while spreading it. So now the drummer is left handed. Loose hat on the left, Ride on the right. It also works really well on pianos. The sax processing came about when I was trading lines on the guitar. I was playing without a pick to get the attack softer - more sax like, then the light bulb went on and I ran the sax through the guitar amp and processing. It got pretty close. Thanks for your great reviews not only on my stuff but others as well. You always have interesting observations. Tom

Originally Posted By: George Ireton
Tom,
This is my very first post. I should get my BIAB tomorrow. Never used it before. Total noob. Now... Let me just say that your song meets ALL my expectations on how a finished work should sound!

Looking forward to following your fine example and sharing my music in the future. Way to slam the cat down and show how it's done... SON!

George, Welcome from all of us. You are in for a great time. Be sure and check out all the informative posts in the recording section. There is a ton of free info there. This group of people are the best and will be more than happy to help you along. Good luck. We will be waiting for your first song. Thanks for the kind words. Tom
Originally Posted By: gruverider
Two words: Total Immersion!

I was traipsing down Bourbon St. when I heard you pouring out of the "Old Absinthe House" right there on the corner at Bienville.

Lawrence, Reminds me of eating red beans and rice at Buster Holmes Rest Stop and Bar back in the day. Glad you liked it. Tom
Posted By: RobbMiller Re: Austin - 07/16/14 02:41 AM
Your voice is perfectly suited to this song. Great Blues intonation. Keep it up.
Posted By: tommyad Re: Austin - 07/16/14 01:43 PM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
I've got a brother-in-law that plays the blues, three friends that are ace blues pickers, and have listened to the blues since the mid 60's. From Robert Johnson to Gregg Allman and all points between I'm always loving me some blues.

And, man, is this some more to love. A great slow blues, for me, just drags you into it and will not let go until the last note fades out. Youhave a great way with making a guitar work WITH a vocal and this shows off that talent big time. Spot on vocal delivery, lyrics, guitar, arrangement and mix.

The whole package. Congrats!!

B&J, Thanks for your complimentary review. I always take very seriously what you two have to say. Tom

Originally Posted By: R & AM
Hello Tommy,

a great song! Good vocals and a very nice and raw guitar sound. The combination with the saxophone really works.

Regards,
R & AM

R & AM, Thanks for your kind words. Raw and loud is what I was going for. Tom

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Everyboddy done gone and gots da bluez.....

Very cool song.

Herb, Just tryin to spread the gospel of the blues. Glad you liked it. Tom
Posted By: Fastasu Re: Austin - 07/18/14 06:31 AM
I'm feelin it and I can relate.
Posted By: tommyad Re: Austin - 07/19/14 11:06 PM
Originally Posted By: RobbMiller
Your voice is perfectly suited to this song. Great Blues intonation. Keep it up.

Robb, Thanks. I appreciate you taking the time to listen and comment.

Originally Posted By: Fastasu
I'm feelin it and I can relate.

Fast, Blues is all about feeling and I'm glad you found something in it to grab onto. Tom
© PG Music Forums