http://www.reverbnation.com/mattoxbrothers?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav

Mattox Brothers Reverbnation

****** Song Summary *************
Title: Where the Cowboys Roll
File:Where the Cowboys Roll.MGU
Key=A , Tempo 105, Length (m:s)=4:09
8 bar intro, 98 bar chorus, from bar 9 to bar 106. Repeat x1 chorus
No Melody
Soloist track has 564 notes, Soloist harmony is < no harmony >(0)
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Soloist is saved with the song : Multi-Country 16ths. (125)
Style is B_GEES1.STY (BGees 1 - 80s Disco)
Style MIDI Instruments are : Finger Electric Bass (34), Electric Piano 2 (6), Muted Electric Guit (29),
RealTracks in song: 698:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm ElecRockDirty Ev 120 (A:muted)
RealTracks in song: 692:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming AcRockBright Ev 120 (A:sync)
RealDrums in Song: NashvilleEven8^8-a:Snare, HiHat Open , b:Snare, Ride

Hope this link works - look forward to your comments
Nice tune Mattox, not bad for your first one.Only observation is that maybe to bring the vocals volume a little more up. They are worth hearing it a little better.

Mike B.
Thank you, I will work on that
Nice job! I like the Americana style. The midi keyboard I think could be replaced by a different keyboard real track. Good stuff! Take care. Greg
Nice groove. I like how your vocal phrasing seems to lay back a little on the beat ( my impression anyway). It goes well with that style you picked. It was fun listening along to the story.
Nice job, thanks for sharing!
Hi Mattox,

Welcome to the Users' Showcase smile

I agree with what others have said. This is a great groove and it sounds like you're both having a lot of fun playing with it. I enjoyed the listen. Now I'm looking forward to your next work.

Regards,
Noel
Enjoyed your song. Hope to hear more from you soon.

Charlie
Love that rhythm section and the vocal style. Enjoyable listen. Cheers.
Ken and Steve,

Welcome to the forum! Good job a first BIAB project. Well mixed.
The song has a good feel. The vocals could come up a bit - as others have mentioned.

floyd
Thank you
Pretty good song. I also listened to some excepts of some of the other songs. Very consistent body of work. Welcome to the forum and PG Music.
welcome to the land of biab recordings! Pretty good song and nice job on the tune overall. I would work on the enunciation of the words a bit. You are not far away, but I thought that part could be improved.
I like the progression you have in this.

Not a bad job for the first time out of the gate.

Bring up the vox and let it roll. Might wanna put some light reverb on the vox and the mix.
Great first effort! BIAB is the first step and then there's the mix -- the devil in the details for sure. I agree with moving the vocals up. Keep 'em coming.

Bud
Hi Guys!

Welcome to the Showcase forum. There's lots of talent here and a ton of good info from from the showcase natives.

Love the musical bed with one exception ... the midi keyboard isn't the best fit for the song. If it were us, we'd replace it with a muted guitar track. Love the song and the chord progression. As Kevin Emmrich commented, a little clearer vocal enunciation would really jack this one up!

A really nice song and good effort with BIAB for your first cut! BIAB is an on-going learning process. We've had it since 2011 and we learn something new every week or so.

Good luck with your music and thanks for joining us here on the forum! Best to yas!

Alan & Di
© PG Music Forums