PG Music Home
Hi folks,

Some time ago there was an interesting discussion in the off-topic forum that all country songs these days seem to be about drinking, my truck, my tractor, so having fallen into the trap, here is another little country/folksy song about drinking smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzF5X0g5Br4

The galtymore was a mainly irish dancehall in London Uk but has been closed now for a few years.

Craic (pronounced crack) is an Irish expression meaning fun, nothing to do with drugs....lol

Midi Style is C_BUCK.STY (Country Buck style)
Style MIDI Instruments are : Finger Electric Bass (34), Acoustic Piano (1), Acoustic Guitar (26), Clean Electric Guit (28),

The accordion part was notated
Any comments welcome.

Thanks
musiclover

Really fun song!! Love your delivery. Fun lyrics! I think the arrangement works well with the spirit of the song. Great work! Take care. Greg
Very enjoyable song/lyric and video. Thank you for taking us to the galtymore. Much appreciated.
Excellent.
That brought back many memories, some I'd prefer to forget blush of my time in London 1967-80. I forget most of the names of the Irish bars/ clubs we drank in as we too enjoyed the craic, not so much the next morning but we definitely enjoyed the night!!!
Craic is part of my vocabulary now but I'd forgotten how it was spelt!!!!

Really enjoyed the trip down memory lane,

Alyn
Hi, musiclover !:))

What a nice rhytm and melody
on this one ! I sure dug it !:))

Cheers
Dani
Thanks very much Greg,Nobilis,Gibson and Dani48 for your nice comments. I'm happy that the song is coming over reasonably well.

smile

Musiclover
Enjoyed the song. It was fun listening to all the memories.

Charlie
Good uptempo, nice performance thanks for sharing!
Hi!

We loved the fun aspect of this, as well as the song itself! Irish Country, eh??!! Works for us! thanks for a smile! best to ya ...

Alan & Di

PS: One of my (Alan's) favorite pedal steel guitar players is from Ireland ... Sarah Jory.
Thanks very much Charlie, Pg, and Alan & Di for taking the time to listen and your nice comments.

Still trying to improve and taking tips from all you pro's here.

Just got myself a used pair of studio monitors behringer truth b2030a today, I hope that it might improve my ability to mix, here's hoping anyway.

Thanks again.
Musiclover
Musiclover you did the Irish proud with this one. Everything about this was super.

PS - I have a wee bit if Irish in me, not much though, just enough to like the music and beer cool
Hi MusicLover
Loved the song, loved the video (in fact I love drinking songs!) Good job!
LOL! "ran like the devil..."

Enjoyed this very much Musiclover.

Josie
Hi musiclover,

I agree with all that's been said. It's a fun song that delivers lots of chuckles! You had me tapping my feet from start to end.

All the best,
Noel
Hi Musiclover,
Nice folky song. We were wondering... are the drums also midi, 'cause they sound more like real drums. If so, which one did you use?
Regards,
R & AM
Now that was fun!
Thanks very much Mario, JosieC, Sundance,Noel, R@AM and Janice and Bud for your kind encouragement.

It is very much appreciated particularly in view of the fact that due to family commitments I do not get enough time go on the user forum myself and post about all the great music here.

I do feel guilty about asking people to listem to my song while not posting a lot myself on user forum. I hope you will forgive me.

R@AM the realdrums are,
NashvilleSwing8^5-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Snare, HiHat.

Many thanks to all, I have a long way to go in terms of mixing and trying to get it up to studio quality like a lot of songs on here are at.

Musiclover
© PG Music Forums