PG Music Home
Here is a smooth jazzy blues featuring Janice Merritt. This one came together really quickly as everything just seemed to drop into place. We hope you enjoy it. Comments/Suggestions encouraged as always.

http://tommyadamsmusic.com/music

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12847551

Style MIDI Instruments are : Fender Bass (34), Acoustic Piano (1),
MIDI SuperTracks in song: 1886:Piano, Solo-Accompaniment Bluesy12-8John Sw 060
RealTracks in song: 565:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Blues Monday Sw 065
RealTracks in style: ~675:Organ, B3, Background Blues Monday Sw 065
RealTracks in song: ~970:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountrySwingCleanPedal Sw 085
RealDrums: RealDrums in Song: Nashville128^08-a:Snare, b:Ride

Little Ol' Thing Called Love

After all this time you still play hard to get
Act as if you're leaving but it ain't happened yet
Now that you're beside me I think I'll call your bluff
Cause I'm bettin everything
on this little ol thing called love

It wouldn't really take too much to feel reassured
Seem’s like you wouldn't want me to feel so insecure
Someone's being selfish I'm not naming any names
it's not in our best interest to play these kind of games

It's the kind of competition I don't want to lose
and get emotionally disconnected with a bad case of the blues
The odds are in my favor if you believe that kind of stuff

After all this time you still play hard to get
Act as if you're leaving but it ain't happened yet
Now that you're beside me I think I'll call your bluff

©2014 Thomas Adams/ Janice Merritt
SWEEEEEEET!! Tom's guitar playing is amazing. It hits me like a nice glass of Scotch whiskey, and when Janice's vocal comes in, it's time for a chaser! Really great stuff! Works on every level. I sure wish I could play guitar like that. Great job guys! Take care. Greg
This is about as real as it gets. Janice is certainly the right choice for the blues and I'll plus one all of Greg's comments.

Charlie
Hi Janice and Tom,

Magnificent music! I'm a real fan of a 12/8 time signature. I love the lilt it brings to the groove. I have to say that both of you have worked this time signature with expertise and aplomb.

The song is as good as anything I've heard, ever: top class performances, shining production, incredibly well written.

Yes indeed, magnificent music smile

All the best,
Noel
What a combo, Tom and Janice!!
beautiful guitar and vocals
This is a song I would LOVE to see performed live

Alyn
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
SWEEEEEEET!! Tom's guitar playing is amazing. It hits me like a nice glass of Scotch whiskey, and when Janice's vocal comes in, it's time for a chaser! Really great stuff! Works on every level. I sure wish I could play guitar like that. Great job guys! Take care. Greg

Thanks Greg! It's fun to sing with that guitar!

Janice

Originally Posted By: c_fogle
This is about as real as it gets. Janice is certainly the right choice for the blues and I'll plus one all of Greg's comments.

Charlie

I appreciate that Charlie. BIAB and this great community is really a lot of fun for exploring genres!

Janice
Hi Janice and Tommy,

Blues at its best. What else can I say?
Greg has put it straight.

Guenter
Tom/Janice,

Perfect.

Not a single thing out of place. Beautiful lyrical guitar. A vocal that then TOPS it. A solid write. Excellent production. Excellent mix. Like the last one, this sounds like a well-oiled band captured at their best in the best of studios.

It doesn't get much better than this.

Perfect.

floyd
Hi Tom & Janice ...

Now, was that fabulous or what? We echo everything said by all the previous reviewers. Perfect voice and guitar for the style and the song is so well written. Dare we say "Musical masterpiece"? I think we'll take that dare ... "Musical Masterpiece"!

Super sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alan & Di
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Janice and Tom,

Magnificent music! I'm a real fan of a 12/8 time signature. I love the lilt it brings to the groove. I have to say that both of you have worked this time signature with expertise and aplomb.

The song is as good as anything I've heard, ever: top class performances, shining production, incredibly well written.

All the best,
Noel

Noel, thanks listening and commenting. I agree with you the 12/8 has a special groove. We are glad to see you back around here. Hope you are well. Tom

Originally Posted By: gibson

Alyn

Alyn, I consider myself very fortunate to have been able to collaborate with Bud and Janice and to now be able to call them friends. Biab has given me more than I could have ever hoped for. Thanks for your kind words. Tom

Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Janice and Tommy,

Guenter

Guenter, thanks for giving it a spin and checking in on it. We appreciate it. Tom
Speechless! Thanks again for leading the way with such high standards. I have much to learn. Fortunately, I am now retired, and have the time now. Woot!
Hi Janice and Tom,

This is a very cool song! Professional sound too.
The vocals and guitar are outstanding. We also noticed that very functional B3 organ!

Regards,
R & AM
Janice is sooooo good with the blues and Tommy's powerful guitar sets up the supportive backing. Very enjoyable. Cheers.
Sweet, Sweet, Sa-weet!!!

Love your guitar playing and Janice's voice!

Great song!
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Tom/Janice,

Perfect.

Not a single thing out of place. Beautiful lyrical guitar. A vocal that then TOPS it. A solid write. Excellent production. Excellent mix. Like the last one, this sounds like a well-oiled band captured at their best in the best of studios.

Perfect.

floyd

floyd, Thanks for you very generous comments. Perfect? I don't know about that. I can always hear something that i would change, but at some point you gotta move on. Tom

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Tom & Janice ...

Now, was that fabulous or what? We echo everything said by all the previous reviewers. Perfect voice and guitar for the style and the song is so well written. Dare we say "Musical masterpiece"? I think we'll take that dare ... "Musical Masterpiece"!

Super sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alan & Di

Al & Di, Thanks so much. We appreciate it. Janice vocals makes this incredibly easy to do.
Originally Posted By: George Ireton
Speechless! Thanks again for leading the way with such high standards. I have much to learn. Fortunately, I am now retired, and have the time now. Woot!

George, Glad to have you on board. You are going to love this place. Thanks for taking the time to comment. Tom
Originally Posted By: R & AM
Hi Janice and Tom,

The vocals and guitar are outstanding. We also noticed that very functional B3 organ!

Regards,
R & AM

Rob & AM, Thanks for listening and thanks for the kind words. I can't get enough of that B3. Tom
Originally Posted By: RichMac
Janice is sooooo good with the blues and Tommy's powerful guitar sets up the supportive backing. Very enjoyable. Cheers.

Richard, We are glad you enjoyed it. Tom
Originally Posted By: gruverider
Sweet, Sweet, Sa-weet!!!

Great song!

Lawrence, Thanks for listening and commenting. We always look forward to what you have to say. Tom
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Janice and Tom,

All the best,
Noel

Noel, I really don't how to respond. That is just too kind....but thank you so much!

Janice

Originally Posted By: gibson

Alyn

I'm so glad you like this, Alyn! I think my last live performance was 8 years ago when Bud and I played at a benefit.
Sweet, Sweet, Sa-weet!!!

Great song!

A SUPER BIG +1

If you were to produce a blues CD I would buy it for sure!
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Sweet, Sweet, Sa-weet!!!

Great song!

A SUPER BIG +1

Hey Mario, Always glad when you check in on one our tunes. Thanks for the kind comments. Tom

whoohoo! Tom and Janice are number one on the Jazz Vocal chart at SoundClick!!

Bud

Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Janice and Tommy,

Guenter

Thanks Guenter! Tom's guitar is fun to sing with for sure.

Janice

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Tom/Janice,

Perfect.

Perfect.

floyd

Wow floyd! I soooo appreciate you saying that. Very, very kind of you.

Janice

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Tom & Janice ...

Super sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alan & Di

Thanks you two! This bluesy thing has come late to me....but it sure is fun.

Janice

Originally Posted By: George Ireton

Thanks George! Bud and I are also retired -- isn't it fun?

Janice
Tom, Janice,
Glad I caught this one. Nice work all around.
SD
Originally Posted By: R & AM
Hi Janice and Tom,

Regards,
R & AM

Thanks you two!

Janice

Originally Posted By: RichMac

I really do appreciate that.....this blues thing is very new to me after years of bluegrass.....but I always told people there's a lot of blues in bluegrass!

Janice

Sweet, Sweet, Sa-weet!!!

Great song!

I'm very happy it worked for you! And, yep, Tom's playing makes it so easy...

Janice

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Sweet, Sweet, Sa-weet!!!

Great song!

A SUPER BIG +1

Ah shucks!!!

Janice
Hi Janice and Tom. I listened to this a while ago but am only now catching up with all my comments. I wish, wish, wish I could sing blues like Janice does. She makes it sound so effortless. Great song.
Originally Posted By: JosieC
Hi Janice and Tom. I listened to this a while ago but am only now catching up with all my comments. I wish, wish, wish I could sing blues like Janice does. She makes it sound so effortless. Great song.

Thank you so much! Bud and I have listened to blues for the last 34 years so I'm glad some of it rubbed off!

Originally Posted By: SpaceDog
Tom, Janice,
Glad I caught this one. Nice work all around.
SD

Thanks!
Hi, Tom & Janice !

It is a mystery to me that
I seem to have passed this
file ! I am glad I searched
again as this is absolutely
heavenly music and Janice´s
vocal is just wonderful !:))

You two should know already that
I am a big fan of you both !

I am afraid I am showing signs
of aging !!!

Cheers
Dani
One thing about being late to the party is after everything has been said so well, all I have to really type is

+1

but I'll add one more thing

+1!

Josie
Janice certainly has the right voice to sing the blues.
Nice tone & picking on the guitar.

Thumbs up on the tune.
Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Tom & Janice !

It is a mystery to me that
I seem to have passed this
file ! I am glad I searched
again as this is absolutely
heavenly music and Janice´s
vocal is just wonderful !:))

You two should know already that
I am a big fan of you both !

I am afraid I am showing signs
of aging !!!

Cheers
Dani

Originally Posted By: Sundance
One thing about being late to the party is after everything has been said so well, all I have to really type is

+1

but I'll add one more thing

+1!
Josie

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Janice certainly has the right voice to sing the blues.
Nice tone & picking on the guitar.

Thumbs up on the tune.

Thank y'all much! It means a lot to me.

Janice
© PG Music Forums