PG Music Home
Posted By: Achordocaster New Original Song "Everyone Deserves" - 08/13/14 07:52 AM
I've been pretty busy over the summer with my yard business, but I did write a song last month that I just finished recording a couple of days ago.

I hope you enjoy it. All comments welcome.

Greg

http://achordmusic.mymusicstream.com/track/everyone-deserves

Here are the RT's used + Me and my Tele "Trigger" have 3 tracks.

Drums NashvilleEven16^5
Bass RT366
Guitar 12StrAc RT1002
Guitar AcFpick RT364
Guitar AcStrum RT368
Guitar ResBckgrnd RT377
Banjo RT1035
Piano RT1725

©2014 Words & Music: Greg Achord

Everyone Deserves

Well I don’t think that I could love you

Anymore than I do

Don’t think I could live without you

You’re the strength that gets me through

The darkest days & the loneliest of nights

I need you darlin’ right here by my side

Everyone deserves a lover and a friend

Someone to share it all until the bitter end

Everyone deserves to know they’re not alone

We all need a family – and a home

Yea I don’t think that I could want you

Anymore than I do

Don’t think I would be the man

That I am without you

It’s more than chance that put you by my side

A gift from heaven it made you my bride

(Chorus)

Don’t give up on love if it’s something you haven’t found

Keep your eyes ahead your feet on solid ground

For everyone there’s someone who’s meant to be

And for you I’m glad it’s me

(Chorus)
Posted By: Noel96 Re: New Original Song "Everyone Deserves" - 08/13/14 08:38 AM
Hi Greg,

I thoroughly enjoyed listening to this one. It's very well written, arranged with skill and produced with flair. On top of this, your performance is excellent.

Great stuff.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: floyd jane Re: New Original Song "Everyone Deserves" - 08/13/14 01:44 PM
Greg,

Good to see ya back around!

A nice song and a nice recording.

The opening is terrific. The dual guitar lick over the acoustic, ending with the strum... very nicely done - leads into the vocal perfectly. Most people don't put in the time and effort require to get that transition right - kudos on that.

The build to the chorus is tasty. Your chorus "sings" so well. One of your best vocals. And the harmonies are excellent..

I like the piano that you have included. I think it needs to be brought up in the mix. A piano is a percussive instrument. If it is in a mix, it should be noticeable (this it my opinion, of course)... not used "like a pad". If you want that effect, organs or strings or steel are a better choice. (It's one of my "soapbox" items - can you tell?). Not to detract from the rest of the mix... because it is very nice!

The transition from the chorus and into the 2nd verse is another highlight. The dobro licks are nicely placed...and the repeat of the guitar signature is tasty - well done...

The bridge is exceptional. well written and really well played. The guitar under the vocal - another highlight. again, kudos on that.

(the banjo is a nice touch - I think that could come up a bit, too. I know it "a fine line" but I think that one could stand to be a bit louder).

Love that last "....and a home!" Very strong.

I thoroughly enjoyed listening to this (several times). This is how a country/rock/pop song should be produced. You kept it interesting and fresh from beginning to end.

Great job on this!!!

floyd
Posted By: boehm Re: New Original Song "Everyone Deserves" - 08/13/14 02:20 PM
Hi Greg,

quote Floyd: This is how a country/rock/pop song should be produced. You kept it interesting and fresh from beginning to end.
Enjoyed your guitars.

Guenter
Nice job. Yeah I'll echo the comments above.

It has a nice traditional country sound to it.

My only "nit" is that personally, I don't like faded endings.
Hey Greg. I really enjoyed this song. Plus 1 from me.

On this particular song your vocal and guitar sound had a Craig Fuller feel to me. He is the original singer/writer/lead guitarist of Pure Prairie League (Amie) and also was with Little Feat. Your vocals sound to me to what his voice has matured into over the years. I listened to a few other songs on your site while I was there and the similarity is not so much so on the others. It may just be the song structure and voicing of this particular tune. Either way, it made it even more enjoyable to me.

Charlie
Nice sentiment and nice song!! Really positive and upbeat. The one thing that strikes me as not fitting in is "bitter end" as the song is so optimistic lyrically and musically. Really nice work all around-vocals, harmonies, arrangement, the whole nine! Take care. Greg
Posted By: tommyad Re: New Original Song "Everyone Deserves" - 08/14/14 11:57 AM
Greg, There are some really nice things going on here. The write is very good. Excellent vocal and harmonies. Great editing on the dobro. Trigger sounds great. Fantastic bridge. Nice work. Tom
Noel - Thank you very much, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Floyd - Thanks for your comments, I always enjoy what you have to say. I hear you on the piano... I often struggle with trying to find the right level for a piano track. The banjo is pretty much right where i wanted it... there, but making you wonder... is that a banjo I hear? grin Thanks again.

Guenter - Thanks for the listen.

Guitarhacker - I generally don't like faded endings either (there actually is an ending) I chose to do the fade because of the way the end repeats.

Charlie - Thanks! I've been a P.P.L. fan all my life. My band still does Amie.

Greg - Thanks for the compliments, I agree "bitter end" isn't the perfect line there, but it was my original thought and I couldn't seem to come up with something I liked better. crazy

Tom - Thank you for the listen & the nice comments.
Posted By: RnAM Re: New Original Song "Everyone Deserves" - 08/14/14 09:55 PM
Hi Greg,

We are also more or less echoing the comments above.
Very well done, very professional production.
Good vocals too!

Regards,
R & AM
Posted By: dani48 Re: New Original Song "Everyone Deserves" - 08/14/14 10:04 PM
Hi, Greg !:))

What a nice tune you´ve
written and performed !
Absolutely marvelous
execution ! :))
I loved it !:))

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Sundance Re: New Original Song "Everyone Deserves" - 08/15/14 02:05 AM
Hey Greg,

Altho, I do agree with Greg on the "bitter end", it's not a deal breaker.

I think this sounds fantastic. It's my absolute favorite of yours. Wonderful work.

Well done.

Josie
Rob & Anne - Thanks for the listen.

Dani - Thank you for the nice comments.

Josie - Thank you very much. I appreciate it.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: New Original Song "Everyone Deserves" - 08/18/14 10:32 PM
I hope there are more like this one coming down the pike wink
It's all been said and said well. Welcome back and, hey, a GREAT re-entry!! A fine write, great vocal and Trigger was super supportive of the whole vibe. WTG!! Looking forward to playing this for Janice.

PS floyd's piano comments finally got through to me a while back and I've been putting the piano more center, adding more reverb and bringing up the gain. I like what all that does.
Floyd - I hope so too. We played the song at a gig this weekend & it went over really well... several positive comments plus we were asked to play it again. grin

Bud - Thanks for the nice comments. I've been thinking about Floyd's piano suggestions and they're definitely valid... many times I end up using it as a pad instrument and I shouldn't, I like your panning, reverb comments... I'll be giving that a try.

Greg
Posted By: 90 dB Re: New Original Song "Everyone Deserves" - 08/24/14 08:30 PM
Greg -

Missed this one. Love it! It's great that you're playing it live and it's well received.

Regards,

Bob
Originally Posted By: 90 dB
Greg -

Missed this one. Love it! It's great that you're playing it live and it's well received.

Regards,

Bob

Hey Bob,

I missed that you commented. Thank you so much, I appreciate it! I am excited about the response we've been getting from live audiences. laugh

Greg
Posted By: MarioD Re: New Original Song "Everyone Deserves" - 09/04/14 08:43 PM
It's all been said. All I can add is great vocal and harmonies, lyrics, RTs all taken over the top with your Tele picking.

Super song!
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: New Original Song "Everyone Deserves" - 09/04/14 11:50 PM
hi greg great lyric vocal mix all been said above well done thanks for sharing eric
Posted By: PatrickH Re: New Original Song "Everyone Deserves" - 09/06/14 06:38 PM
I'd missed this first time around. +1 to the positive feedback you've gotten. It's sounds very contemporary and has a good hook as well. I can understand why people want to hear it again.
Posted By: musiclover Re: New Original Song "Everyone Deserves" - 09/06/14 06:51 PM
Greg,

This is absolutely brilliant, Vocal and whole song production is great with new things popping up throughout the song to grab the listeners attention.

One thing I really admire is how you stuck to the theme of the song. Some country type songs have the lyrics travelling all over the place and the whole idea or main theme of the song becomes totally obscured, as well as that the melodic lines in a lot of cases don't fit the natural fall and rise of the lyrics.

Your song is brilliant in that it has none of the above short falls.

You deserve to do well with this song.
Very well done.

musiclover
Mario - Thanks for the nice comments... Trigger thanks you too. grin

Eric - Thank you for taking the time to listen.

Patrick - Thanks for the the listen & nice comments.

musiclover - I'm humbled by your comments (maybe even blushing a little). blush
I often feel like I'm being too simple or even redundant (especially with lyrics & melody)... but then I
get feedback like yours.... and think maybe I'm not. cool
Thank you so much!
Posted By: gibson Re: New Original Song "Everyone Deserves" - 09/15/14 07:49 AM
Greg,

I missed this somehow, but all has already been said.
It is good solid country,the type that I like!

Alyn
Posted By: Al-David Re: New Original Song "Everyone Deserves" - 09/18/14 08:44 AM
HI Greg ...

I don't think we've heard you before. We've been here a few months. Sure did enjoy this one! All the good stuff has already been said, and rightfully so. we'd like to add ... Sweet! Well done in every aspect. Kudos on a great job! Loved it! Best to you ...

Alan & Di
NICE! Well performed and mixed thanks for sharing!
Alyn - Thanks for the listen. I'm glad you like it.

Alan & Di - Thanks for the nice comments "Sweet". cool I appreciate it.

Pg - Thanks for taking time to listen.
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: New Original Song "Everyone Deserves" - 09/26/14 01:47 AM
Greg,
I know what you mean about being busy. I'm glad you found time to write , record and share this great tune with us. I really enjoyed it.
SD
Posted By: Al-David Re: New Original Song "Everyone Deserves" - 09/26/14 04:00 AM
Just had another listen ... can't get too much of a good thing!

I (Alan) used to live in Colorado. I lived in Aurora, a suburb of Denver. Only been to Grand Junction twice. Unfortunately, haven't spent much time on the western slopes. Still own 5.3 acres near Cripple Creek up in the mountains.

Enjoyed my second listen!

Alan & Di
Posted By: soolan Re: New Original Song "Everyone Deserves" - 09/27/14 01:46 PM
Wow that was GOOD. I hope you consider sending a copy to Nashville TV show, never know you might get a spot on the show.

Wish I was as talented.
Cheers.
SD - Thank you and thanks for taking the time to listen.

Alan - Glad to hear your back for more. grin Grand Junction is a great place to live, as is most of the Western slope. My Dad was in the lumber business for many years on the Eastern slope of Colorado (we lived in Colorado Springs back then) and when I was a kid he would take me up to Cripple Creek, (he loved CO history) it was nothing more than an old run down mining town back then (late 60's early 70's)... But still very interesting. It's funny to see it now all spruced up as a mountain gambling town... I guess gold comes in many forms. wink

Soolan - Thank you so much. I would love to hear one of my songs on that show! And hey your right... you never know. cool Most of my talent comes from practicing my As* off! wink So just keep workin' at it.
Hi Greg, this is very well put together. Loved the chord progressions and the harmony. A very enjoyable listen. Great job

Nels
Posted By: dcuny Re: New Original Song "Everyone Deserves" - 10/04/14 06:16 PM
Well, since I missed out on this the first time around, I guess I'll jump on the second wave. smile

I'll echo Floyd's comment on the strum transition - I'd just worked on something similar for my own song, and it was nice to hear it done right.

Major 7th goodness in the chorus - check. wink

My only nit is that it would have been nice to somehow the idea of "everybody needs a home" of the final chorus back with the initial verse. But figuring out how to do that in a way that hasn't already been done a bazillion times by other songwriters is expecting a lot.

Glad it came around for another listen!
Nels - Thanks for the nice comments.

David - Glad you got to hear it on the rebound. I like your idea of trying to reference "everybody needs a home" in the first verse... Wish I'd have thought of that and given it a try when I was writing. Thanks for your thoughts.
© PG Music Forums