PG Music Home
Posted By: Joe Ramsay Tabitha's Song - 08/20/14 08:20 PM
I am working on a project that involves writing music for Christian church worship services that reflects a liberal, progressive theology. This is a song written for an online Facebook Bible study last summer that had almost 2000 participants. I was one of the "resident musicians" writing songs for the Bible passage of the day. This song is telling the story of Acts 9:36-43.

Produced with BIAB and a couple of acoustic guitar tracks.
Style is _CBALAD1.STY
RealTracks in song: 1856:Cello, Background PopCountry Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 624:Fiddle, Soloist George Ev 085

This is a draft version of the song - please give me some critical feedback which I can use as I work toward a final mix (if progressive Christian music isn't your thing, please give me feedback on the music and mix anyway - I don't wish to debate the theology, just get feedback on the music composition, and the mix). Thanks everyone!

https://soundcloud.com/joeramsay/tabithas-song
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Tabitha's Song - 08/20/14 08:25 PM
Welcome aboard!

FWIW one song at a time would likely both generate more responses and give folks more time to digest the material.

Looking forward to listening.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Tabitha's Song - 08/20/14 08:46 PM
Pretty song!! Sounds quite good for the most part. The vocals are a little pitchy in the chorus at times. Like the arrangement and the feel. Very nice! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Tabitha's Song - 08/21/14 05:35 AM
Hi Joe. This is the best arrangement I've heard so far, as I work my way through your submissions. The harmonies help with the vocals and there are a few vocal pitch issues throughout. All of your submissions would seem to fare better with some additional processing of the vocals. Adding harmony parts and maybe doubling the lead vocal and some compression and EQ to add some punch. It is almost as if you are under singing the lead vocal if that makes sense. Sing out.

You have some good songs to work with and I'm enjoying listening to your work.

Charlie
© PG Music Forums