PG Music Home
Posted By: LPman It ain't you (orchestra) - 08/21/14 04:11 AM
Hi again

After reading some helpful comments from this forum (thanks)

I took my piano playing and only imported the melody in the melody track in BIAB

BOSSA33.STY. Bossa33 - Latin Brazilian Bossa
All MIDI. Quintet.
M1 Standard Drum Kit, [RD Sub: BOSSABRUSHES: a: Sidestick Brushes b: Sidestick, Ride :Craig Scott]
M33: Acoustic String Bass
M5: Electric Piano
M25: Nylon String Guitar
M50: Slow Strings

I removed the trombone and clarinet soloist from the last post

The song is smoother, and at least if I fail to be ace piano player at least I can depend on
Band-In-A-Box 2014

Thanks again for the comments and suggestions

SoundCloud
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: It ain't you (orchestra) - 08/21/14 05:16 AM
Still an interesting arrangement but as you say, smoother. I like this a lot and you've got some good ideas going on here. Looking forward to some more from you soon.

Charlie
Posted By: LPman Re: It ain't you (orchestra) - 08/21/14 07:52 AM
thank you Charlie for your support.... I appreciate you taking the time to comment
Posted By: boehm Re: It ain't you (orchestra) - 08/21/14 04:43 PM
Hi LPMan,

really smooth now. If you want to improve it remove some melody notes that don't fit the chords.
Looking forward to the third version.

Guenter
Posted By: LPman Re: It ain't you (orchestra) - 08/22/14 04:55 AM
Hi Guenter
I don't know if I'm going to come back to the song and finish it. I found a Chuck Berry style shuffle and edited it down to a ten bar blues progression. I can improvise a lot of song on top of it.... accounter progression if you will ....(removing piano track for a substitute progression). I think I will have less problems utilizing the potential of the styles better this way. it's great to hear yourself as a band. and I want to harness the full potential of the style.

I made a midi of this song so I can always come back to it. but moving the time blocks (bricks) is a nightmare for me

thanks for your input....
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: It ain't you (orchestra) - 08/22/14 12:04 PM
I don't know that I heard the first version, but this one sounds pretty cool.

I started off with BB using lots of Bossa sounding stuff..... it kinda opens lots of doors for ya.

nice work.
Posted By: LPman Re: It ain't you (orchestra) - 08/23/14 01:46 AM
Thanks Guitarhacker,

I agree with you, the bossa nova has a lot of potential, I think because of the pattern of 16th notes. I found a MIDI song called moonlighting. You would swear this song was made by BIAB. I processed it through a bossa nova style, then edited the MIDI song down to just the piano melody. The only song I did perfect that came in a snap! its in my soundcloud playlist cover songs.

But.... I'm a big fan of space in my songs, I like working on jazz and hoping to become a better piano player using BIAB. I usually take the piano track off, an improv a layer
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: It ain't you (orchestra) - 08/23/14 03:59 AM
Did not get to hear version 1 but this one is superb, you are really owning the keys thanks for sharing!
Posted By: LPman Re: It ain't you (orchestra) - 08/23/14 07:02 AM
Thanks PgFantastic I appreciate you saying that!
© PG Music Forums