PG Music Home
Posted By: F.M.M. to your journey - 09/01/14 01:12 AM
hi guys trying something different may be a bit busy all real tracks and me trying to be country picker thanks eric https://soundcloud.com/f-m-m/to-your-journey real tracks Style is _JWALTZG.STY (Jazz Waltz with Guitar (140 RS))RealTracks in style: ~~929:Bass, Acoustic, Jazz Waltz Sw 110
RealTracks in song: ~1188:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm PopWaltz Ev 120
RealTracks in song: ~~1125:Fiddle, Background CountryWaltz Sw 110
RealTracks in song: ~828:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Country Waltz Sw 110
RealTracks in song: 1874:Medley [8 bars] Fiddle, Mandolin, Piano, ResGuitar, PedalStSol WestrnSwPaulSw165, GuitarElSol WestSwBrentSw165,
RealTracks in song: 408:Guitar, Resonator, Background Allis Ev 120
RealDrums in Song: JazzWaltz4sTerryClarke: a: Sticks, Ride b: Sticks Solo
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: to your journey - 09/01/14 12:18 PM
Immediately struck by the unique blend of instruments, genre and feel of the song. Your choice of title fits the song. As the listener and not knowing the direction, or predictable outcome between the various choices, I embark on the journey with you, the composer, to see the journey's end.

Unique, in a good way. I enjoyed this.

Charlie
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: to your journey - 09/01/14 05:17 PM
Really interesting! Dunno how you made those disparate RT's, e.g., waltz, ev, sw, etc., work together. No small feat. And the picking is right in the pocket. Fun listen...
Posted By: PatrickH Re: to your journey - 09/01/14 06:41 PM
F.M.M.,
I really like that blend a vibe. I immediately thought of Pat Metheny's entire album/soundscape "As Witchita Falls, So Falls Wichita Falls" which is Jazz with much Midwest/Ozark etc. etc. flavoring. Your brought a few more of the styles instruments into the mix, and quite effectively. Nice.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: to your journey - 09/01/14 10:32 PM
eric,

I always applaud your experimental side. And you did a terrific job of combining that grouping of instruments. However, your guitar sort of "gets lost" in it.... and your guitar is what we come to hear!!!

It's not fair, I know... sort of like Bob Dylan's fans not wanting to hear Maggie's Farm... but there it is...

floyd
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: to your journey - 09/02/14 03:03 AM
Really interesting!! The composition, to me, is kinda Steely Danesque but with a unique but musical collection of instruments. Very cool!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: plish Re: to your journey - 09/02/14 05:19 PM
Fun mashup of various instruments and beats. It does work! Good job!
Posted By: dani48 Re: to your journey - 09/02/14 11:07 PM
Hi, Eric !:))

This must be one of your best
if not the best ? !!!! I just
loved it, the mix of instruments
and everything working so
wonderfully together !:))

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: MarioD Re: to your journey - 09/02/14 11:50 PM
WOW another waltz, I love it!

This is the first jazz waltz that I have ever heard with bluegrass instruments playing along side some country dudes and a jazz drummer!
This one not only shows the versatility that BiaB can produce but it also shows the expertise of the one producing it. I can't even imagine how you pulled this of but you did and it sounds great!
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: to your journey - 09/16/14 12:24 AM
hi guys thanks for the kind words eric
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: to your journey - 09/16/14 02:14 AM
Very Very Cool!! Beautiful guitar work. I almost hear a little bit of Steely Dan gone country. Enjoyed it thoroughly!! Take care. Greg
© PG Music Forums