PG Music Home
Posted By: Al-David Una Noche Sin Ti (A Night Without You) - 09/05/14 07:36 AM
I'm not playing anything on this! All I did was choose the instruments and plug in the chords. BIAB did the rest. It's just me messing around with BIAB and this is what happened. It's a slow Bolero ... always loved that sub-genre of Latin. Not much else to say about ... 'cept I hope you might like it a bit!

Di says "Hi" to everyone. She's having some very serious health issues ... I'm having a few myself. She wants you to know she hasn't forgotten any of you.

Best to everyone:

Una Noche Sin Ti (A Night Without You)

------ > http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12906529

File:Al - Una Noche Sin Ti.MGU
Key=C , Tempo 90, Length (m:s)=3:01
No intro. 32 bar chorus, from bar 1 to bar 32. Repeat x2 choruses
Melody has 594 notes, Melody harmony is < no harmony >(0)
No Soloist track.
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,

RealTracks in style: 1901:Bass, Baby, Bolero Ev 090
RealTracks in style: 1904:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm Bolero Ev 090
RealTracks in style: 1903:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm Bolero Ev 090
RealTracks in style: 1902:Guitar, Acoustic, Background Bolero Ev 090
RealDrums in style: SalsaBolero: a: SalsaBolerob: SalsaBolero
So sorry to hear of your and Di's health issues. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Glad you are able to post again.

You really hit on a good combination with this song. Great chord progression and even better choice of instruments. It all fit together nicely. Your arrangements and mixing are always spot on.

Could you provide the style you used for the song? I really like this combination and the overall tone and cohesion of the instruments.

Charlie
Posted By: dani48 Re: Una Noche Sin Ti (A Night Without You) - 09/05/14 02:40 PM
Hola´Al & Di !

Tu Bolero es maravillioso y estupendo !
May both of you get over your health
issues as soon as possible !

Regards
Dani
Really lovely music!! I'm going to have to play with that style. I was wondering if there'd be a vocal, even though my Spanish is poor and I wouldn't have understood much of it. I hope your health comes around soon. Tell Di to hang in there. Thanks for sharing, and excellent work!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: boehm Re: Una Noche Sin Ti (A Night Without You) - 09/05/14 04:07 PM
Hi Alan,

very pleasant music. Great playing.
I wish you and Di a speedy recovery.

Guenter
Posted By: RnAM Re: Una Noche Sin Ti (A Night Without You) - 09/05/14 05:11 PM
Hi Alan,

A very nice instrumental! Very clear sound, and the soloist here is great. I will check it out to see if it also works in other genres of music.
We wish you and Di the very best and hope you will both recover.

Regards,
Rob
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Una Noche Sin Ti (A Night Without You) - 09/06/14 12:45 AM
Al and Di,
Very pleasant piece. Thatnks for sharing.
I hope you both recover quickly.
Best wishes
SD
Posted By: MarioD Re: Una Noche Sin Ti (A Night Without You) - 09/06/14 12:52 AM
First and foremost Di and you are in our prayers for a rapid recovery.

Secondly this is an outstanding song. You have the perfect rhythm and RTs mixed to perfection. I thoroughly enjoyed this.
Posted By: PatrickH Re: Una Noche Sin Ti (A Night Without You) - 09/06/14 01:23 AM
I wish you both improved health ASAP. I think I'll be using that style now that I've heard this wonderful example.

P.s. I just listened to "that wasn't in our plans" I had missed that one. Very touching song.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Una Noche Sin Ti (A Night Without You) - 09/06/14 08:12 AM
Hi Al,

This is such beautiful music. It soothes, it relaxes and it carries the listener like a leaf floating along on a lazy stream on a sunny day. Your musicianship shines in every aspect of this work.

Please know that I'm sending healing thoughts to you and Di. May good things come your away.

All the best,
Noel
Alan and Di,

Wishing you the best... we miss you guys!

Beautiful piece. They say music can heal - this should help!!! Very well done.

floyd
Wish both of you speedy recoveries!!! Very nice Bolero and a veritable showcase of the power of BIAB in capable hands. Enjoyed it.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Una Noche Sin Ti (A Night Without You) - 09/06/14 06:34 PM
Hi Everyone ...

Will be back to give individual replies as soon as I'm feeling better. Please know that Di and I truly appreciate the support and well-wished we've received from all of you. It means a lot ... seriously.

And thank you all fro the kind words you had to say about this particular piece. And yes, BIAB is a great program with endless possibilities for creating wonderful music. Thanks again to all ...

Alan & Di
Al and Di,

Great music, who says that songwriting is very hard work when you got great results so easy, maybe I should try less hard myself and the music will sound better....lol

I could just picture myself in a nice little café drinking a cup of coffee and listening to this.

Hope that you and your good wife's health improve very soon.

Musiclover
Posted By: pmwizard Re: Una Noche Sin Ti (A Night Without You) - 09/06/14 09:32 PM
Very pretty song. Great job!
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Una Noche Sin Ti (A Night Without You) - 09/09/14 12:45 AM
Hi Al, first of all I hope that everything goes well health wise.
Being from the land of Bolero I enjoyed it very much. Very well done. Romantic music par excellence.

Mike B.
Posted By: Sundance Re: Una Noche Sin Ti (A Night Without You) - 09/09/14 03:36 AM
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Al,

This is such beautiful music. It soothes, it relaxes and it carries the listener like a leaf floating along on a lazy stream on a sunny day. Your musicianship shines in every aspect of this work.

Please know that I'm sending healing thoughts to you and Di. May good things come your away.

All the best,
Noel

+1

Couldn't say it better. Prayers for you both a speedy and complete recovery.

Josie
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Una Noche Sin Ti (A Night Without You) - 09/12/14 10:15 PM
Very sorry to read about the health issues. Hopefully there will start to be more good days than bad soon.

I've always admired your choices in arrangement and touch with a mixer and this is a perfect example of what I mean. Biab supplied the style and instrument tracks but you mixed them to where the sum is greater than the parts.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Una Noche Sin Ti (A Night Without You) - 09/13/14 01:20 AM
Hi Everyone ...

Gonna give everyone a quick, personal thanks. The health report isn't real good. Will get back to you with more on that at a different time. Another group thanks to all. Now, to each of you ...
Posted By: Al-David Re: Una Noche Sin Ti (A Night Without You) - 09/13/14 01:26 AM
HI Charlie ...

Thanks so much. Appreciate the kind words on the music and the health! Best to you ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Una Noche Sin Ti (A Night Without You) - 09/13/14 01:27 AM
Hi Dani ...

Muchas gracias, mi ago! Thanks for the real nice words! Best to you ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Una Noche Sin Ti (A Night Without You) - 09/13/14 01:28 AM
Thanks Greg! There's still a possibility for a vocal down the road. My Spanish is so-so. But, then again, so is my English! Thanks!

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Una Noche Sin Ti (A Night Without You) - 09/13/14 01:29 AM
Guenter,

Guten Abend! Thanks so much. Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for letting us know!

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Una Noche Sin Ti (A Night Without You) - 09/13/14 01:30 AM
Rob & Anne-Marie ...

Thank you very much. I like the style, too. We're delighted you enjoyed it! Best to you ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Una Noche Sin Ti (A Night Without You) - 09/13/14 01:31 AM
Hey SD!

Thanks for the very kind words. Glad it worked for you! Best to you ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Una Noche Sin Ti (A Night Without You) - 09/13/14 01:32 AM
Mario ...

Prayers and well-wishes gladly accepted. Thanks! And thank you also for the very nice comments about the song! We appreciate it very much ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Una Noche Sin Ti (A Night Without You) - 09/13/14 01:34 AM
Hi Patrick ...

You are much too kind ... but we'll deal with it! And also thank you for the nice comment about "That wasn't In Our Plans." It's one of our very favorite original songs! Wishing you well ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Una Noche Sin Ti (A Night Without You) - 09/13/14 01:37 AM
Noel ...

Thank you so much! We appreciate the warm wishes. Wishing you the very best ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Una Noche Sin Ti (A Night Without You) - 09/13/14 01:39 AM
Floyd ...

Thank you for the kindness and the wonderful comment. Music does heal ... we could both use a little right now! Best to you...

Alan

PS: It's always flattering to be missed! Since we're not doing well health-wise, we'll probably be posting some instrumentals we've written for a a while.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Una Noche Sin Ti (A Night Without You) - 09/13/14 01:40 AM
Janice & Bud ...

Thanks for the kind words regarding music and health. I din't know about the capable hands part, but BIAB is a wonderful tool for us music types! best to ya both ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Una Noche Sin Ti (A Night Without You) - 09/13/14 01:42 AM
Musiclover ...

Always nice to hear from The Emerald Isle! My great-grandmother (a Stephenson) was from Ireland. Thank you for those wonderful words. We appreciate them very much! Wishing you well ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Una Noche Sin Ti (A Night Without You) - 09/13/14 01:43 AM
pm wizard ...

Thanks so much for the kind words. It's not the volume of words but the sincerity. We appreciate each one of them! Best to you ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Una Noche Sin Ti (A Night Without You) - 09/13/14 01:47 AM
HI Mike ...

Buenos noches, mi amigo! Apreciamos sus palabras muy agradables. ¡Gracias por los elogios amables! Hasta luego ...

Alan

PS: Hope I didn't mess that up too bad. My Spanish isn't what it used to be!
Posted By: Al-David Re: Una Noche Sin Ti (A Night Without You) - 09/13/14 01:48 AM
Hi Josie ...

we appreciate your kind words about the song and gladly accept any healing thoughts and wishes. Best to you ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Una Noche Sin Ti (A Night Without You) - 09/13/14 01:49 AM
Jim,

You are much too kind! But, no need to stop being so! Thank you for the very nice comments! Best to ya ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Una Noche Sin Ti (A Night Without You) - 09/13/14 01:50 AM
Okay ... got everyone answered individually. Now, headed over to listen to a few of you ... looking forward to some great sounds!
© PG Music Forums