PG Music Home
Posted By: Don Gaynor New Guitar Tune - Hayley's Smile - 09/05/14 03:02 PM
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12906637

I composed this little ditty for my beautiful Brit friend, Hayley Oliver. I'm so proud of this little girl...she was just nominated Best Country Female Vocalist in Britain by BCMA for the fourth consecutive year. I don't think the fans (public) influences the voting but maybe ROG would know how the winner is determined.

I introduced Hayley to Isla (say EYE-la) Grant and, just possibly, there will be an album of duets in the future. Can you imagine anything more beautiful?
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: New Guitar Tune - Hayley's Smile - 09/05/14 03:30 PM
We'll keep our fingers crossed for Hayley!! This is a really sweet tune. Not sure what the BIAB played and if you played the guitar but it sounds great!! Love that sweet tone. Thanks for sharing!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: boehm Re: New Guitar Tune - Hayley's Smile - 09/05/14 04:29 PM
Hi Don,
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
We'll keep our fingers crossed for Hayley!! This is a really sweet tune. Not sure what the BIAB played and if you played the guitar but it sounds great!! Love that sweet tone. Thanks for sharing!!

A big +1 from me. I'd really like to know if you played that guitar yourself.

Guenter
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: New Guitar Tune - Hayley's Smile - 09/05/14 05:36 PM
Greg and Guenter, thanks und danke.

Since I learned that Brent Mason can play so much better than I ever could, I've quit playing. Perhaps that is one down side of BIAB but I try to get everything I can out of the software. I learn new things with every BB session. Since I forget everything quickly, it's a real struggle to keep the strainer full, but a lot of fun trying.
Posted By: RnAM Re: New Guitar Tune - Hayley's Smile - 09/05/14 10:40 PM
Hello Don,

Very cool tune! Which real track is the soloist?
Well done.

Regards,
R & AM
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: New Guitar Tune - Hayley's Smile - 09/06/14 12:42 AM
Hi Don,
I really liked to song and wish Hayley all the best luck.
I really get what you mean about always learning something new each BIAB session. Since I only have time to write and produce a few songs each year, it seems like I'm always learning (and struggling) with the software
Posted By: MarioD Re: New Guitar Tune - Hayley's Smile - 09/06/14 12:48 AM
Great choice of RTs here Don. You still got it and I'm sure that she will smile when she hears this.

One small nit-pick, on Genre you have Country : bluegrass. I think it sounds more like a blues song!
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: New Guitar Tune - Hayley's Smile - 09/06/14 01:30 AM
Old friend, I'm often reminded about the genre goof but when I'm in SoundClick I always forget to edit it then when I realize it, it's not worth the effort to backtrack. lol
Posted By: MarioD Re: New Guitar Tune - Hayley's Smile - 09/06/14 01:33 AM
Originally Posted By: Don Gaynor
Old friend, I'm often reminded about the genre goof but when I'm in SoundClick I always forget to edit it then when I realize it, it's not worth the effort to backtrack. lol

Yea good buddy I know that trick! Been there done that many times myself laugh

I just thought that I would pull your chain on this one wink
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: New Guitar Tune - Hayley's Smile - 09/06/14 07:02 PM
Originally Posted By: R & AM
Hello Don,

Very cool tune! Which real track is the soloist?
Well done.

Regards,
R & AM

That was Brent Mason Soloist track found by clicking "Soloist" then, IIRC, the first Brent M soloist.
Posted By: musiclover Re: New Guitar Tune - Hayley's Smile - 09/06/14 07:07 PM
Wow that was cool Don, Brent sure can play, its just a pity we have to give him about 10 beers (regenerations) before he will play what we want him too.....lol

Great job Don.

Musiclover
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: New Guitar Tune - Hayley's Smile - 09/08/14 01:08 AM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Originally Posted By: Don Gaynor

Yea good buddy I know that trick! Been there done that many times myself laugh

I just thought that I would pull your chain on this one wink

You mean push me wee Irish leg?
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: New Guitar Tune - Hayley's Smile - 09/08/14 02:07 AM
Nice song. Enjoyed listening.

Charlie
Posted By: Sundance Re: New Guitar Tune - Hayley's Smile - 09/09/14 03:46 AM
Don,

It made me smile when I listened, you wee ol' matchmaker. grin

Josie
Posted By: dani48 Re: New Guitar Tune - Hayley's Smile - 09/10/14 09:45 PM
Hi, Don !

I liked this tune really very much !
Incredily nice guitar playing !!!:))
You really can squeeze everything
out of this wonderful software !!:))

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: New Guitar Tune - Hayley's Smile - 09/11/14 07:23 PM
A BIAB showcase!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: New Guitar Tune - Hayley's Smile - 09/11/14 07:25 PM
Nicely put together, Don...
Posted By: sixchannel Re: New Guitar Tune - Hayley's Smile - 09/11/14 08:14 PM
Good luck to Hayley.
A super compilation of tracks - very time consuming and very worthwhile.
Very enjoyable.
cheers
ian
Posted By: Scott C Re: New Guitar Tune - Hayley's Smile - 09/11/14 08:35 PM
Cool playing loved it
Posted By: Al-David Re: New Guitar Tune - Hayley's Smile - 09/13/14 04:58 PM
Don ...

Very tasty! You picked the perfect tracks for this. And the chord construction is perfect for a country guitar solo. Brent Mason is a heck of a guitarist and a really quiet and nice man. We totally loved our listen ... good work with BIAB, friend! We're keeping our fingers crossed for Haley. best to you, Don ...

Alan & Di
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: New Guitar Tune - Hayley's Smile - 09/13/14 09:23 PM
Dear friends, this is starting to snowball! Now Thom Bresh, Merle Travis' son, locked-on! He likes it!

Is there a larger hat size than a ten-gallon sombrero? This one is becoming like a tourniquet around my forehead! I'm rapidly becoming "A legend in my own mind!"

I've proved, conclusively, that it's impossible to give love away without getting back tenfold. If so, that brands me the most selfish, self-serving bent, old, flatulent Irishman on the planet.

Interrogatory: At what point do I embarrass professional, well-known guitarists by saying: "Haha, chuckle, snicker (or Canadian equivalent) I fooled you, that's just a software program by my Canadian friend, Dr Peter Gannon, et al!" Nothing I hate more than neutering!

Seriously, thanks again, Peter, and your wonderful accomplices.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: New Guitar Tune - Hayley's Smile - 09/13/14 10:15 PM
Originally Posted By: Sundance
Don,

It made me smile when I listened, you wee ol' matchmaker. grin

Josie

My beautiful cyber daughter, Josie, your comments are always very encouraging and sought after. You have long been an inspiration to me as well as your countless friends on these forums.

It's obvious that you are dearly loved and very deservedly so. In the years I've known you, I have yet to read anything besides encouragement from you. Therefore, I consider you to be "a treasure among women" and I'm extremely proud to call you "friend!"
© PG Music Forums