PG Music Home
A classic originally done by Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes with lead singer the late Teddy Pendergrass.

Teddy befell the same tragic fate as actor Christopher Reeve, but it didn't stop him from performing until nearly the end. This is our tribute to the peerless Teddy.

Style: WLZSOFT.STY
RealTracks: RT1408 Piano, Synth layer
RT750 Tenor, soloist jazz

Lead Singer: Martin Jones
Backup Group: Lance and the Dark

...................If You Don't Know me by Now
Nice spin on an great old classic, like the harmonies; thanks for sharing!
Nice cover of a classic. Your vocalist gives a great emotional performance on this.

Charlie
Didn't know we were allowed to do this... or I would've been on here with loads already smirk
Hi Dean,

a nice tribute. Your singer is great and I like your harmonies.

Guenter
Really nicely done! I always loved this song (the Simply Red version too, but the original more). You captured the soul of the original. The vocal is a little distant for me, but the singer did a great job. Nice stuff!! Take care. Greg
Hi Dean,

Liked the singer and the harmonies were great. Only nit was I felt like I was listening from too far away.

@Icelander - He has an ASCAP license - read below the line in his signature. smile

Josie
Great tribute to a great singer.
Enjoyed it.

J&B
Dean ...

Another super piece! Great vocal and fine arrangement on this old-style R&B number. I do agree with Josie that the vocal is over-reverbed. At least, that's what I think she meany sounding too distant.

Nonetheless, this is a great listen ... super job Dean. That bit of sax near the end was a nice touch! best to ya ...

Alan & Di
Hi Josie,

I listened again today for the first time in a while and all of you are right. What went out to SoundCloud did not sound like that. Martin's voice was right up front and the whole balance was good. Now the harmony voices are way up front.

This is not the first time that SC has taken us by surprise. I think Martin noticed something wrong a while back but he described a different problem: his voice coming only out of the left speaker.

I find it amazing that with all the frustrations of setting up a home studio, struggling with corrupted files, .WAV stems that won't load, the unending mixing battle, etc., that more people just don't give up. Actually many do. very morning when I approach the computer, I first get on my knees and look up to the heavens and beg, "Please - pleeeze! - work!" Sometimes it actually does.

Oh, yes, thanks so much for the constructive feedback.

Dean
Hi Al and Di,

So great to hear from you again. Josie and you are right about something going wrong between the song and pressing the "Save" button at SoundCloud. Martin and I will have to talk over the possibility of a remix. Even with its flaws we appreciate your generous response.

Thank you.

Dean and Martin
Dean,

We have an account at Soundcloud but rarely use it as it seems we are constantly having one problem or another. Whereas with Soundclick, hardly ever a problem. The biggest problem we've had at Soundcloud is songs simply won't play. That happens at least 1 out of every 15 attempts we make to listen. They say it's probably my browser but I use Chrome with all the latest updates. Dunno!

Nonetheless, the quality of the cut can't be denied!
© PG Music Forums