PG Music Home
Posted By: Adrian New Track: Sun Is Shining - 10/07/14 08:28 PM
After the success of my last CD Life In Slow Motion which was completly Band In A Box created I thought I would start work on the flow up.

Living The Dream will be created in the same way:

Track laid down in ez-keys
Import the midi to biab
Create multiple soloist which are then spliced together to form melody tracks
Add drums from Logic Pro to mix in with real drums
Mix in logic
Master in ozone

First track still in demo is Sun Is Shining

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12936371

Thanks
Adrian
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: New Track: Sun Is Shining - 10/08/14 03:23 AM
This is nice. Very smooth and enjoyable.

Charlie
Posted By: Al-David Re: New Track: Sun Is Shining - 10/08/14 04:10 AM
HI Adrian ...

Nice demo. It's a great start that, with a bit of polishing, should be a real nice tune and production! If we may, just one suggestion for your consideration as you move forward with this: The bass line could be moved a little more forward in the mix.

We enjoyed our listen ... thanks! Good luck with it ...

Alan & Di
Posted By: Adrian Re: New Track: Sun Is Shining - 10/08/14 07:10 AM
Charlie: thanks for the listen and nice comments!

Alan&Di: thanks for the listen, also thanks for the very helpful comments this is the reason I posted the demo version of this song I like most of us dont have the luxury of somebody else to mix and master my tracks so its great to get input from some virtual ears and I will now look at pushing the bass up in the mix (I have to be honest bass is something I normally hold back a bit only because my very first track I produced was so bass heavy I have tended to shy away a bit.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: New Track: Sun Is Shining - 10/09/14 04:37 AM
Nicely done!! The title fits the feel. I would probably make the sax a bit wetter, and put a little more attitude on the other tracks. Really nice stuff!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Adrian Re: New Track: Sun Is Shining - 10/09/14 11:45 AM
Thanks Greg I hear you on the other tracks needing a little extra. Will adjust in final mix

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Nicely done!! The title fits the feel. I would probably make the sax a bit wetter, and put a little more attitude on the other tracks. Really nice stuff!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: BruceI Re: New Track: Sun Is Shining - 10/10/14 03:01 AM
Very nice track, great feel, almost galloping, but at about 2 minutes in, I was wishing a bit for a break from the sax. It finally came at around 2:30-2:40, a nice bridge or change-up, which was refreshing, it just felt a little late for me. The sax riffs are well chosen and work well together, creating a texture, but maybe a few earlier "breaths" could make the sax texture a bit less dense.

Thanks for sharing!
Bruce
Posted By: Adrian Re: New Track: Sun Is Shining - 10/10/14 09:48 AM
Thanks Bruce, I will look at the structure of the track I think and see if I can bring the break forward a little. Thanks for the listen and comments.

Originally Posted By: BruceI
Very nice track, great feel, almost galloping, but at about 2 minutes in, I was wishing a bit for a break from the sax. It finally came at around 2:30-2:40, a nice bridge or change-up, which was refreshing, it just felt a little late for me. The sax riffs are well chosen and work well together, creating a texture, but maybe a few earlier "breaths" could make the sax texture a bit less dense.

Thanks for sharing!
Bruce
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: New Track: Sun Is Shining - 10/10/14 12:30 PM
Nice bright happy sounding tune.

I too thought the bass was lacking. Don't shy away.... get back up on that mule and ride..... this is why one needs to have a decent studio monitoring system that is trustworthy. You need to hear what's happening in the mix.

I also thought the mix sounded really busy. Let things come and go in the mix. Swap the lead chores back and forth..... pull the busy background down a bit in a solo.... etc....

All together a nice song.
Posted By: Adrian Re: New Track: Sun Is Shining - 10/10/14 12:54 PM
Thanks for the listen and comments, I do agree the background is a bit busy in parts at present needs a little pruning here and there espcially round the guitar solo area.

All good stuff all these constructive comments and tips will help shape the final mix.

Cheers

Adrian

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Nice bright happy sounding tune.

I too thought the bass was lacking. Don't shy away.... get back up on that mule and ride..... this is why one needs to have a decent studio monitoring system that is trustworthy. You need to hear what's happening in the mix.

I also thought the mix sounded really busy. Let things come and go in the mix. Swap the lead chores back and forth..... pull the busy background down a bit in a solo.... etc....

All together a nice song.
© PG Music Forums