PG Music Home
Posted By: Icelander An original instrumental - 10/10/14 09:34 PM
You guys have some serious chops in this whole music business, so I've been picking up the nerve to showcase something that is actually a 100% mine, after sort of treading the waters on this forum with my two 'Arrangement' demos, coupled with a lot of listening to what's already on here.
Anyway, after the positive feedback to those two samples, and the responses to my forum comments, I'm starting to feel more at home around here. So here's a song I made ages ago, well before I even had any Band-in-a-Box. I hope that's still acceptable on here, but at some point I will dig up my old material for reworking with this app in mind.
Now to the song: It's all midi & myself and my old Roland keyboard, mixed and outputted with Myriad's 'Melody Assistant' software and their GOLD Sound Base. An ethereal song, about the times we dream we're somewhere else, just floating on a cloud in the sky. Enjoy!

SOMEWHERE ELSE
Posted By: RnAM Re: An original instrumental - 10/10/14 09:56 PM
Hi Icelander,

It's really nice music and I could imagine myself to be on a cloud floating somewhere, but......
post it again after having done this one with Biab.
We all have old songs from the time we didn't have Biab.
We either "remake" them with Biab and post them here or we don't post them at all.
Otherwise it would become a bit crowded with old songs here.
It must be a challenge to get the same result, maybe even a better result, with Biab.
So.... you've got work to do! grin
Lots of success!

Anne-Marie
Posted By: Al-David Re: An original instrumental - 10/10/14 10:00 PM
Icelander ...

That's a real nice composition! Very pretty and nicely arranged. You did a real nice job on this. We really enjoyed our listen!

They typically prefer you post songs that have at least one BIAB track on them. They usually don't say much about the occasional song that's posted without a BIAB track. It's just not a good idea to do it on a regular basis.

But Di and I were very happy to hear this one ... smooth and soothing! nicely done!

Alan & Di
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: An original instrumental - 10/10/14 10:18 PM
Originals with some element of BIAB is what, as I interpret it, PG Music's expectations are for the forum.

BTW, regarding your comment on "aleck rand's" post with the cover song note that he has an ASCAP license to stream (the number, etc., is always part of his post at the bottom of the page.)

Over the years I have posted public domain (defined by the very strict US laws) songs for which we have created unique arrangements and, thus, we legally own all rights to our version.

Having blathered all that I completely understand PG Music's position as even though they don't host these songs per se they certainly do not want to run into any licenses issues. And in all honestly, I know I would not be writing as much as I do were it not for these restrictions. It's been fun, has encouraged me to write and resulted in meeting many wonderful folks that are part of this community.

And, as the above folks mention -- you do have some very nice songs!
© PG Music Forums