New song

Posted by: cubanpete

New song - 10/15/14 07:44 PM

Hi, fellow "forumers", it's been awhile since my last post although I've been listening and enjoying some of the new posts. Working on a few projects and not finishing any, but after a rather frustrating week or so trying to use RB (which I'm not proficient at all), in order to put together this song I finally finished this one which was a Labor of Love
Built on RB mostly midi using different VST's
Sax is RT Alto solo funk grooving EV 16
Piano solo is Pop RootsyJohn EV 16

I hope you like it

Mike B.
Posted by: dcuny

Re: New song - 10/15/14 08:02 PM

That was a pleasant listen!

Thanks for posting.
Posted by: Jim Fogle

Re: New song - 10/15/14 09:29 PM

Mike,

Nice, bright sound. I like your use of the strings. You've really got a nice ear and touch for arrangement and production.

Very good listen.
Posted by: Charlie Fogle

Re: New song - 10/15/14 10:45 PM

Very nice. Good arrangement and my favorite of yours so far.

Charlie
Posted by: Greg Johnson

Re: New song - 10/16/14 12:56 AM

Very sweet!! Worth the labor. Masterful use of RTs-sounds like everybody in the box was on the same wavelength. Love the attitude of the mix too. Great all the way around! Take care. Greg
Posted by: PgFantastic

Re: New song - 10/16/14 02:41 AM

Superb work, good to hear you again, look forward to hearing more; thanks for sharing!
Posted by: floyd jane

Re: New song - 10/16/14 09:09 AM

Mike,

That is very nicely put together. A pro sound through and through.

And... an enjoyable listen.

Well done.

floyd
Posted by: boehm

Re: New song - 10/16/14 10:10 AM

Hi Mike,

very well put together. Enjoyable listen.

Guenter
Posted by: Janice & Bud

Re: New song - 10/16/14 10:31 AM

Mike, the labor paid off and we love it.
I really enjoy a mellow groove like this
when it is well done.

Nice production and the mix sounds
great on my KRK's. Everything seems
to sit just where it should.

Kudos!
Posted by: tommyad

Re: New song - 10/16/14 11:55 AM

Mike, Great mix. I still can't figure out how you double those solos. It adds a lot to the song. Nicely produced. I enjoyed it immensely. Tom

Re: New song - 10/16/14 12:11 PM

Thanks for the listen guys, I'm far too lazy to respond to each one individually, but my hart felt thanks and appreciation goes to each one of you. Like I said, I'm working on a few tunes and seems that I can't get to finish them as fast as I would like; but you know, some other idea comes to mind and there I go, start a new one, and so on. Will be posting another one pretty soon. Thanks again.

Mike B.
Posted by: aleck rand

Re: New song - 10/17/14 06:35 PM

Hey Mike,

Where are you hiding the tune? How about a little help for the visually (and occasionally mentally) impaired?

However, your mention of RealBand was enough to give me the shakes. If the expression Access Violation doesn't ring a bell, then just keep on using RB and it will become a lifestyle. And watch RB perform neat little tricks, like inserting dozens of random zero-volume nodes all over the track you're trying to edit in the wave editor window. Then try to merge the tracks to a .wav file after your masterpiece is finally complete. You'll never guess why you can't do it: Access Violation. I once asked the folks at PG music what it was. No one seemed to know.

Dean
Posted by: F.M.M.

Re: New song - 10/18/14 10:52 AM

hi mike great listen love the mix hear well done thanks eric
Posted by: Skyline

Re: New song - 10/18/14 11:33 AM

Mike, a great listen. I loved the rhythm and the strings.
cool

John
Posted by: SpaceDog

Re: New song - 10/18/14 09:31 PM

Nicely done. Thanks for posting. Always good to hear from you.
SD
Posted by: MarioD

Re: New song - 10/19/14 08:42 PM

Originally Posted By: JimFogle
Mike,

Nice, bright sound. I like your use of the strings. You've really got a nice ear and touch for arrangement and production.

Very good listen.

A BIG +1

Another winner from my friend!

Re: New song - 10/20/14 04:36 PM

Thanks friends, again I normally don't take the time to thank everyone individually because I have to confess I'm way too lazy about that. I hope that an all around many thanks for the time to listen and kind comments is enough. More tunes to come as I finish them.

Mike B.