PG Music Home
Posted By: cubanpete New song - 10/15/14 11:44 PM
Hi, fellow "forumers", it's been awhile since my last post although I've been listening and enjoying some of the new posts. Working on a few projects and not finishing any, but after a rather frustrating week or so trying to use RB (which I'm not proficient at all), in order to put together this song I finally finished this one which was a Labor of Love
Built on RB mostly midi using different VST's
Sax is RT Alto solo funk grooving EV 16
Piano solo is Pop RootsyJohn EV 16

I hope you like it

Mike B.
Posted By: dcuny Re: New song - 10/16/14 12:02 AM
That was a pleasant listen!

Thanks for posting.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: New song - 10/16/14 01:29 AM
Mike,

Nice, bright sound. I like your use of the strings. You've really got a nice ear and touch for arrangement and production.

Very good listen.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: New song - 10/16/14 02:45 AM
Very nice. Good arrangement and my favorite of yours so far.

Charlie
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: New song - 10/16/14 04:56 AM
Very sweet!! Worth the labor. Masterful use of RTs-sounds like everybody in the box was on the same wavelength. Love the attitude of the mix too. Great all the way around! Take care. Greg
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: New song - 10/16/14 06:41 AM
Superb work, good to hear you again, look forward to hearing more; thanks for sharing!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: New song - 10/16/14 01:09 PM
Mike,

That is very nicely put together. A pro sound through and through.

And... an enjoyable listen.

Well done.

floyd
Posted By: boehm Re: New song - 10/16/14 02:10 PM
Hi Mike,

very well put together. Enjoyable listen.

Guenter
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: New song - 10/16/14 02:31 PM
Mike, the labor paid off and we love it.
I really enjoy a mellow groove like this
when it is well done.

Nice production and the mix sounds
great on my KRK's. Everything seems
to sit just where it should.

Kudos!
Posted By: tommyad Re: New song - 10/16/14 03:55 PM
Mike, Great mix. I still can't figure out how you double those solos. It adds a lot to the song. Nicely produced. I enjoyed it immensely. Tom
Posted By: cubanpete Re: New song - 10/16/14 04:11 PM
Thanks for the listen guys, I'm far too lazy to respond to each one individually, but my hart felt thanks and appreciation goes to each one of you. Like I said, I'm working on a few tunes and seems that I can't get to finish them as fast as I would like; but you know, some other idea comes to mind and there I go, start a new one, and so on. Will be posting another one pretty soon. Thanks again.

Mike B.
Posted By: aleck rand Re: New song - 10/17/14 10:35 PM
Hey Mike,

Where are you hiding the tune? How about a little help for the visually (and occasionally mentally) impaired?

However, your mention of RealBand was enough to give me the shakes. If the expression Access Violation doesn't ring a bell, then just keep on using RB and it will become a lifestyle. And watch RB perform neat little tricks, like inserting dozens of random zero-volume nodes all over the track you're trying to edit in the wave editor window. Then try to merge the tracks to a .wav file after your masterpiece is finally complete. You'll never guess why you can't do it: Access Violation. I once asked the folks at PG music what it was. No one seemed to know.

Dean
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: New song - 10/18/14 02:52 PM
hi mike great listen love the mix hear well done thanks eric
Posted By: Skyline Re: New song - 10/18/14 03:33 PM
Mike, a great listen. I loved the rhythm and the strings.
cool

John
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: New song - 10/19/14 01:31 AM
Nicely done. Thanks for posting. Always good to hear from you.
SD
Posted By: MarioD Re: New song - 10/20/14 12:42 AM
Originally Posted By: JimFogle
Mike,

Nice, bright sound. I like your use of the strings. You've really got a nice ear and touch for arrangement and production.

Very good listen.

A BIG +1

Another winner from my friend!
Posted By: cubanpete Re: New song - 10/20/14 08:36 PM
Thanks friends, again I normally don't take the time to thank everyone individually because I have to confess I'm way too lazy about that. I hope that an all around many thanks for the time to listen and kind comments is enough. More tunes to come as I finish them.

Mike B.
© PG Music Forums