PG Music Home
Posted By: BruceI Animals Are So Cute - 10/18/14 04:59 PM
I wrote one other song for my granddaughter's recent second birthday. Stella LOVES animals, and my daughter has taken her to the nearby Stone Zoo several times, and also to Franklin Park, Boston's other zoo. They give names to most of their animals and Stella knows many of them, so I asked my daughter for a list of some of her favorites, not telling her it was for a song. The title came from Stella herself, as her usual animal comment is "so cute!" My wife and younger daughter helped me sing the choruses.

For the video, I got a few pics from my daughter, but again turned to Creative Commons material on Flickr, some of which is really stunning. Except for the newts and a few family shots, all of the animal images in here are from Zoo New England, shared by local photographers. Watch in HD to really appreciate the quality of their work. Detailed credits at the end of the video.

Animals Are So Cute: http://youtu.be/DoTObn2YOkw

Thanks for listening!
Bruce

BIAB Song Memo Info
Mixed and vocals added in Sonar X3.
File:Animals Cute v3 110bpm sw_HANKPS.SGU
Key=G , Tempo 110, Length (m:s)=3:29
4 bar intro, 88 bar chorus, from bar 5 to bar 92. Repeat x1 chorus
Style is _HANKPS.STY (Med Ctry Sw w PedSteel (120 RS))

RealTracks in style: ~539:Bass, Electric, Pop Sw 120
RealTracks in style: ~528:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Hank Sw 120
RealTracks in style: ~372:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Hank Sw 120
RealTracks in song: 2121:Mandolin, Soloist CountryShuffleAndy Sw 120
RealDrums in style: NashvilleSwing8^5-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Snare, HiHat
Posted By: boehm Re: Animals Are So Cute - 10/19/14 01:33 AM
Hi Bruce,

this song is "so cute". Thanks a lot for this wonderful entertainment.
Regards to Stella.

Guenter
Posted By: dcuny Re: Animals Are So Cute - 10/19/14 03:19 AM
You got me tapping my toe with this one!

As usual, you put in some clever rhymes - hirsuit and wet tongue salute.

Everything about this was great.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Animals Are So Cute - 10/19/14 03:41 AM
Hi Bruce. I'm really enjoying your posts. Quality work with the audio and video.

Charlie
Posted By: MarioD Re: Animals Are So Cute - 10/20/14 12:36 AM
Bruce this is fantastic!

I liked the backing tracks, your vocals and harmony partners and the video but what took it over the top for me were your lyrics! WOW I wish that I could write something that good!
Posted By: BruceI Re: Animals Are So Cute - 10/21/14 02:25 AM
Thanks for the kind words! Sometimes I can wait years and the right lyrics never come, while other times they almost fall out on a walk with the dog, like this one. I had the title from Stella saying "so cute" all the time. Once my daughter gave me a list of her fave zoo animals (Pins the porcupine, Diablo the owl, Xena the llama, Paddy the baby gibbon, etc.), it was almost like a crossword puzzle fitting in the names. I got lucky with Paddy and daddy of course. I also tried to keep it simple -- um, except for hirsute smile.

Now I think I have found my target demographic - 2 year olds! At Stella's party, my ex-wife said, "this is great - you could have been Raffi!" Except there already IS a Raffi, and if I'm going to be someone else, I would go for a Paul (Simon or McCartney would be fine with me).

Thanks again,
Bruce
Posted By: RnAM Re: Animals Are So Cute - 10/22/14 09:26 PM
Hi there Bruce,

This is such a fun song!
I like the lyrics and it sounds great!
The vocals are also very okay.

Regards,
Rob
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Animals Are So Cute - 10/23/14 01:27 AM
Bruce,
This is just precious. Very clever lyrics and so much more fun than Simon and Garfunkel's "At the Zoo" (who needs all that preachy social awareness stuff).
Thanks for sharing your music and family with us.
SD
Posted By: Icelander Re: Animals Are So Cute - 10/24/14 05:09 PM
This just made my day, big smiles all around laugh
© PG Music Forums