PG Music Home
Posted By: fgrittner Nothing Every Changes in My Heart - 10/29/14 08:02 PM
I used BIAB bass, drums, and piano on this song of mine. I played acoustic guitar and Nashville high-strung guitar, and sang the vocal.

http://fredgrittner.bandcamp.com/track/nothing-ever-changes-in-my-heart-2

Posted By: Noel96 Re: Nothing Ever Changes in My Heart - 10/29/14 09:37 PM
Hi Fred,

Wow!

The first thing that struck me when your song started playing was just how very professional the mix sounded. Then you started singing and I thought, "Yep. This guy's good!". After that, I just sat back, closed my eyes and and thoroughly enjoyed the listen.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: ROG Re: Nothing Ever Changes in My Heart - 10/29/14 10:54 PM
Hi Fred,

This is seriously good.

As Noel has said, already, this is simply professional from start to finish.

What a good song this is and so well performed - the vocal is beautifully expressive and intimate.

At nearly five minutes, this is quite a long track, but it didn't feel at all over-long when listening, which just confirms what a good song it is.

Many thanks for posting this one.

ROG.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Nothing Ever Changes in My Heart - 10/29/14 11:19 PM
Very good song. Nice lyrics and the production and arrangement are top notch. Look forward to hearing more from you. This was quite enjoyable.

Charlie
Posted By: Al-David Re: Nothing Ever Changes in My Heart - 10/30/14 04:19 AM
Hi Fred ...

Nice to "meet" you.

A wonderful song produced and performed to near-perfection. There's an understated passion in your vocal and the backing tracks are couldn't be better. A totally enjoyable listen. We both were taken in with the beauty and simplicity of the song. Very well done, indeed! Hope to hear more from you in the very near future.

Wishing you well,

Alan & Di
Posted By: gibson Re: Nothing Every Changes in My Heart - 10/30/14 04:17 PM
Fred,

Those 5 minutes flew by, a sign of a good song.

Good mix, nice vocals and an understated, but perfect for the song, solo. I assume that was you. In fact a thoroughly professional song.

Very enjoyable

Alyn
Posted By: dcuny Re: Nothing Every Changes in My Heart - 10/30/14 04:31 PM
Nice mellow tune! In particular, I thought the chorus was inspired.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Nothing Every Changes in My Heart - 10/30/14 05:16 PM
nice work. Yup, well done all the way around.

Everything sounds good.

The song is a bit long at 5 minutes in length. But that's a whole other story.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Nothing Every Changes in My Heart - 10/30/14 09:36 PM
Nicely done, Fred.

Everything fits nicely. Smooth in all aspects - tone, mix, production vocal. Comfortable. Nice

An enjoyable listen.

floyd
Posted By: Sundance Re: Nothing Every Changes in My Heart - 10/31/14 01:57 AM
Hi Fred,

What a beautiful song. Love the lyrics and the melody. Arrangement is really pretty too. I love well done romantic songs. It's a bit long for me - I think you could've cut out the last repeat and the instrumental ending and come in closer to 4 min than 5 without losing any impact. JMHO.

Love it. Well done.

Josie
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Nothing Every Changes in My Heart - 10/31/14 02:02 AM
Have to agree with the others that this is really well done! Some really nice lyrics. The writing style reminds me of Bruce Cockburn, one of my favorites. Simple, sweet, and honest. Great job!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: tommyad Re: Nothing Every Changes in My Heart - 10/31/14 12:20 PM
Fred, Great write and vocal. The production and mix sound good. I do agree with Josie about shortening it. You could also shorten then guitar break and make it more of a turnaround. Great listen. Tom
Posted By: jgottlied Re: Nothing Every Changes in My Heart - 11/02/14 06:13 PM
I enjoyed the listen. I noticed the note about the tempo originally being faster when you wrote the piece. This explains the length of the song after you slowed the tempo. I think it is beautiful as is, but agree with the suggestions offered if you wanted to shorten the song some. It is a very heartfelt and professional offering.
Posted By: RnAM Re: Nothing Every Changes in My Heart - 11/02/14 07:08 PM
Hello Fred,

Beautiful song and we think your voice would sound even better if you would add a little reverb on the vocal.

Regards,
Rob and Anne-Marie
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Nothing Every Changes in My Heart - 11/02/14 08:02 PM
Fred,

sounds good here in North Carolina. It held up well travelling all the way here from Minnesota. wink

When I travel in the other direction to visit my sister in Rochester, I don't hold up nearly as well. Sometimes I'm not even at the same tempo when I get there.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Nothing Every Changes in My Heart - 11/04/14 04:57 PM
Zero nits here. We enjoyed everything about
it. Looking forward to more.

J&B
Posted By: fgrittner Re: Nothing Every Changes in My Heart - 11/10/14 09:45 PM
I have been so busy writing songs for the next album that I never stopped back to see if there were any comments. I am shocked that so many of you took the time to listen and respond. I am very pleased with your positive responses. I agree that I could shorten it. I was just itching to play a solo.... And I did use reverb but I tend to back off when I start to "hear" the reverb. Just my preference.

Luckily for me, I have a really nice condenser microphone and a Universal Audio Apollo preamp/digital audio interface. They make for a really clean, professional sound.

I will post a song from the album I released in April that uses some cool RealTracks.

Thanks again.
© PG Music Forums