PG Music Home
Posted By: horsthartung You and Me - 11/07/14 07:49 PM
This is a song I wrote for a friend who recently died. A medium told me I was invited by him to write a song for his wife Sharon...It was a very emotional song for me to write...

here's the link... https://soundcloud.com/horst_hartung/you-and-mewma
Posted By: Al-David Re: You and Me - 11/08/14 08:44 PM
Hi Horst. welcome to the PG Showcase Forum. Nice to have you here.

This is really good song. The lyric is nicely written and you've chosen very complimentary backing tracks. The mixing is excellent and your voice is a real nice fit for this tune. A sad but enjoyable listen.

If you know them, it is always appreciated if you list which BIAB tracks you used. If you don't have them for some reason, just let us know.

Again, nicely done. I think your friend would have appreciated and enjoyed this. Best to you and condolences to your friend's family.

Alan & Di
Posted By: boehm Re: You and Me - 11/09/14 03:25 PM
Hi Horst,

welcome to the forum.
A really good song. Nice lyrics and backing tracks. I like your voice and especially the harmonies. Sounds as if there are female voices in the background.
My regards to your friend's family.

Guenter
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: You and Me - 11/09/14 03:28 PM
Very nice first post. Welcome to the forum. Sorry for your loss. My condolences to his family.

Hoping to hear more from you in the near future.

Charlie
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: You and Me - 11/09/14 04:47 PM
Beautifully done! This is very touching and wonderfully delivered. I was just going to say that you reflect the influence of the great 60s and 70s when "Two of Us" started playing. Obviously, you appreciate quality in your music, and in your song, you've created it. I heard some CSN in the vocal harmonies. Welcome, and please stick around. Take care. Greg
Posted By: Sundance Re: You and Me - 11/09/14 05:28 PM
How did you use BIAB/RB in this production? This showcase is for users of PG software only. Otherwise we'd be inundated with folks wanting their songs heard. If you own and use PG Music products - welcome. If not, you should check out BIAB which is a wonderful songwriting tool.

Posting guidelines are at the top of the Users Showcase Forum.

Josie
Posted By: horsthartung Re: You and Me - 11/09/14 08:08 PM
Thank you for listening to this song.....I used Real Band for all of the tracks....I was going to play my Gibson J-160E for the Rhythm track but the sound trach that RB provided was just as good so I left it. Then I added a cello and Fiddle for Real Tracks to finish it. My Wife Sharon provided the harmonies....we enjoy singing and playing music together....and yes I have a lot more songs to upload....just getting started....

I've been using BINAB, Readband, Power Tracts Pro since they came out and were only midi based....I love where the program has developed into and become and look forward to a lot more improvements...

Thanks again everyone

Horst
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: You and Me - 11/10/14 12:15 AM
Horst,

this is the third of your submissions that I've listened to.. and one of the things that impresses me is that your vocals sound completely different in all three songs. I personally think that's one indicator of skill.. but there is also the argument that a singer should find a vocal niche all his own and use it relentlessly in order to create a unique style.

But, which ever way you may think about that, one thing is sure: you've got talent, and these are very nice songs you've uploaded today! I look fortward to hearing more from you

(BTW, performers who play cover songs tend to be great imitators, and the fact that you are a vocal chameleon is part of the reason I suspect you have spent some time on stage playing live)
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: You and Me - 11/10/14 12:59 PM
nice work. And a touching tribute to a friend. I find songs about this sort of topic to be really hard to write. It took me somewhere around 5 years to get a song together about a friend of mine who passed away from cancer. Ode to Wolf in the case you are interested in hearing it.

Nice selection of tracks. Yeah, the folks here like to know what tracks you use so they can experiment with them if they like the sound you get. I tend to vary on how I list the tracks.... sometimes I use the RB track number, sometimes the name of the track and on occasion, when I want to be cryptic, just the name of the player..... such as Brent Mason rhythm guitar....

Welcome to the PG family here in the online forums.
© PG Music Forums