PG Music Home
Posted By: horsthartung Mississippi - 11/09/14 08:20 PM
I wrote this song when I was 25 but just finished a few months ago. I used my Rickenbacker 320 for the Rhythm track and played the bass track on my Hofner copy or a Jay Turser Beatle bass....I used to be in a Beatle Tribute band called "Revolver" so I have a lot of Beatle gear.

Anyway...I used Real band for the rest of the backing tracks...Got Brent Mason playing the lead on this one...

Here's the Link.... [Link no longer valid]

Thanks....Horst
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Mississippi - 11/10/14 12:06 AM
do you perform live by any chance? (if not, have you in the past?)

There's something to your songs that's a little different than you normally hear hear from song writers who aren't also performers.

Anyway, I really liked the retro sound of this... it's very lively and would make a very danceable song in a live venue.

I liked the sudden stop at the end... (kinda like my parachute didn't open...)
Posted By: horsthartung Re: Mississippi - 11/10/14 12:14 AM
Thanks Pat...

Yes I am a performer....I have been since I learned how to play the guitar when the Beatles came out....They're my heros...

I've also been writing songs since I was 14....so I have tons of songs....

I'm glad you enjoy them....My wife and I are currently working on a album on Real Band 2014....hope to finish it soon and upload it to tunecore...

Thanks again...

Horst
Posted By: Sundance Re: Mississippi - 11/10/14 01:26 AM
Loving it Horst. I have a song that uses a similar guitar sound and progression that Charlene and I wrote back in the 80's. Fun stuff. Really enjoyed your song, great arrangement and vocal.

You've got a fan here.

Josie
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Mississippi - 11/10/14 02:32 AM
This one catches your attention fast. Really nice production and mix. My only complaint is I'll be walking around the house the rest of the afternoon saying "Hey Mama" to everybody and everything.

I enjoyed everything about this. Thanks for posting.

Charlie
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Mississippi - 11/10/14 03:17 AM
Great live vibe and energy!! You have become one with the box, like you and Brent are old friends. Really excellent performance and production. Great stuff!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Mississippi - 11/10/14 12:49 PM
This has a great vibe.....

It starts off like a Johnny Winter song.... his cover of I Used to Love Her but it's All Over Now. I was singing that right along.

Nice work...I like this.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Mississippi - 11/10/14 03:05 PM
Horst,

Nice production on this. Good vocals. Nice guitar work.

Captures a lot of different retro sounds.

Enjoyable

floyd
Posted By: boehm Re: Mississippi - 11/10/14 04:01 PM
Hi Horst,

I like the retro sound. Good vocals, arrangement and mix.
Your name sounds German. Have you got German roots?

Guenter
Posted By: horsthartung Re: Mississippi - 11/10/14 06:26 PM
Thanks...Josie

I'd like to hear the song your talking about....is it available here on the forum?
Posted By: horsthartung Re: Mississippi - 11/10/14 06:28 PM
Yes....I was born in Millich Germany and left when I was 3yrs old....I just couldn't take it anymore....
Posted By: horsthartung Re: Mississippi - 11/10/14 06:36 PM
I don't understand the boxes at the bottom of posts...like what's the difference between Reply and Quick Reply ....or Quick Quote...or Notify Moderator what's that all about???
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Mississippi - 11/10/14 06:42 PM
Originally Posted By: horsthartung
I don't understand the boxes at the bottom of posts...like what's the difference between Reply and Quick Reply ....or Quick Quote...or Notify Moderator what's that all about???

see how my response includes your post? And it also includes your name? That's what happens when you click the QUOTE button.
As far as I can tell QUICK QUOTE does exactly the same thing.

REPLY and QUICK REPLY just pop you into an empty message box so you can write something

CONTACT MODERATOR is a button that lets the forum members help to moderate the forum. When spammers post off-topic messages, click the moderator button to notify them to remove that post.

EDIT reopens one of your own posts that is less than 24 hours old so you can edit mistakes. After that, you can't make edits.

I think there was formerly a difference between the buttons that do the same thing, but apparently that changed.
Posted By: horsthartung Re: Mississippi - 11/10/14 07:09 PM
So if Quote and Quick Quote do the same thing why do we need to have two buttons for it...???

and the same goes for Reply and Quick Reply.....Why the extra buttons...????

Should we notify the Moderator about this?
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Mississippi - 11/10/14 07:30 PM
Originally Posted By: horsthartung
So if Quote and Quick Quote do the same thing why do we need to have two buttons for it...???

and the same goes for Reply and Quick Reply.....Why the extra buttons...????

Should we notify the Moderator about this?

I guess you could... but at this time of year everybody at PGMusic is probably rushing around trying to get ready for the release of BIAB 2015, and it's not in our best interest to distract them with other tasks right now.
Posted By: horsthartung Re: Mississippi - 11/10/14 10:19 PM
Good Point....Pat...
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Mississippi - 11/11/14 03:11 PM
The difference between quick reply and reply/quote and quick quote is because reply/quote expands and allows more advance editing options from the basic quick quote/quote post. For example, reply provides the option of File Manager to attach a photo or other file to your post.

You also have posting icons and a tool bar for additional options with Reply. The same with Quote and quick quote.

Charlie
Posted By: Al-David Re: Mississippi - 11/12/14 03:25 AM
Ho Horst ...

When I saw your first post and name, I told my wife, "I'll bet he's originally from Germany." I lived there 12 years in the 70;s and 80's.

This a super song that takes me back in time in various ways. I hear Johnny Winter, John Fogerty, a bit of George Harrison, and some Freddy Weller.

Nice vocals and the music tracks were spot on. We really enjoyed our listen! Best to you ...

Alan & Di
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Mississippi - 11/12/14 07:53 AM
Hi Horst,

It's all been said! This is one great listen smile

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Scott C Re: Mississippi - 11/12/14 08:41 PM
Excellent song. Well sung and played. Loved the guitar work
Posted By: horsthartung Re: Mississippi - 11/12/14 10:08 PM
Thanks Everyone...

I wrote all the verses when I was 24 or 25 When I was working as a deck hand on a Shrimp boat in Louisiana but I never had a chorus for it, So when I was Jamming with some friends and playing around with song forced me to finish it...and I'm glad I did.

My favorite parts are the Rickenbacker sound and playing the bass for it.

Makes me wanna get up and dance with a big smile....
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Mississippi - 11/13/14 06:13 PM
heads up: this song was just featured on PGMusic's facebook page!

CHECK IT OUT
Posted By: gibson Re: Mississippi - 11/15/14 05:54 AM
I've listened to all your songs and can only add to what the others have said. Every song you have posted is thoroughly enjoyable, in a retro sort of way. That is meant as a compliment as I too, according to other posters, have Beatle influences.

This post is meant as a +1 to all your other songs as well!!

Alyn
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Mississippi - 11/17/14 08:43 AM
Great toe-tappin' stuff there Horst. Well put together, nice balance, the breaks with drums and vocals give perfect anticipation. Really nice!
Posted By: RnAM Re: Mississippi - 11/17/14 04:39 PM
Hi Horst,

A really good song, it reminded Rob of Steve Miller at times.
Vocals also very cool!

Regards,
Anne-Marie
Posted By: MountainSide Re: Mississippi - 11/29/14 09:30 AM
Really liked it Horst...great vibe...nice guitar work....love the retro sound!
© PG Music Forums