PG Music Home
Posted By: horsthartung What To Do - 11/09/14 08:56 PM
This is one of my Government Protest Songs aimed at Corrupt Politicians, Bankers and Government Workers....

The drum track was imported from my (Ringo) drummer in Portland Oregon....he just played to the wma file I sent him and saveed it in a wave format...then I imported it into the song...I played my Gretsch and my Gibson J-160E and also played bass...my wife and daughter sang harmonies....and I used Realband to put it all together...

Enjoy....

https://soundcloud.com/horst_hartung/what-to-do

Thanks Horst
Posted By: floyd jane Re: What To Do - 11/09/14 11:12 PM
Horst,

A very cool song. A bit Beatles, a bit Buffalo Springfield...

Terrific vocals and a nice mix...

And... Welcome! to the forum - good to have you - it will be nice to have those kinds of influences represented.

You will find, however, that your songs will get a lot more attention (which I think they deserve) if you do one at a time. Give it, perhaps, a week before posting another. Give people time to listen and comment before moving on to the next...(just a suggestion, of course)...

This was quite enjoyable.

floyd
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: What To Do - 11/10/14 12:01 AM
yeah, what Floyd said! It really does have a 60's British rock sound in places...
a little bit Beatles, a little bit Stones, A little bit Gerry and the Pacemakers etc

welcome to the PGMusic forum and to the user showcase in specific!
Posted By: horsthartung Re: What To Do - 11/10/14 12:08 AM
Thanks guys....

OK...I'll do that....I have tons of songs so it looks like I'll be here for a very long time....

I also have to spend more time listening to other member songs...

Thanks for the welcoming comments...

Horst
Posted By: Sundance Re: What To Do - 11/10/14 01:42 AM
Horst,

+1

Thought this one had a bit of the Monkees sound in there too. And enjoyed the family harmonies as well.

Josie
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: What To Do - 11/10/14 01:50 AM
Nice song, production and mix. The harmonies are really nice and you do have a good handle on Beatles style rhythm. With tons of songs, it looks like we'll be enjoying your songs for a very long time....

Charlie
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: What To Do - 11/10/14 03:23 AM
Government Protest Songs aimed at Corrupt Politicians, Bankers and Government Workers....
If you find this subject inspiring, sad to say that you'll never run out of material. Like others, I hear a lot of 60s in there, and like others, I LOVE the 60s. Really wonderful organic sound! Loving your stuff! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Al-David Re: What To Do - 11/10/14 09:24 AM
Ah, the British Invasion is back! The vocals, with the harmony, are terrific. We're not much on prtest songs, but we enjoyed our listen. the singing and backing tracks are terrific.

Best to you ...

Alan & Di
Posted By: boehm Re: What To Do - 11/10/14 04:34 PM
Hi Horst,

nice song, production and mix. Really nice harmonies. I like that Beatleish style.
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
You will find, however, that your songs will get a lot more attention (which I think they deserve) if you do one at a time. Give it, perhaps, a week before posting another. Give people time to listen and comment before moving on to the next.

Guenter
© PG Music Forums