PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD Finding Acceptance - 11/10/14 01:19 AM
Fiinding Acceptance

I had a student cancel a lesson so instead of wasting my time I came up with this chord progression. Then I put it in BiaB using BiaB style Vint Jazz Ballard Quartet (85 RS) at 60 BPM. As time went on I delete all tracks and played/wrote them myself. I am playing the bass, rhythm and lead guitars as well as my wind controller. The drums are a modified style from GrooveMonkee. The Tambourine and shakers are loops.

I hope you like it.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Finding Acceptance - 11/10/14 01:30 AM
It took a bit to get into it but once there, I liked it. Excellent musicianship. The song came alive for me when the lead guitar started. The orchestration and wind instrument had a better feel following the guitar. Thanks for posting.

Charlie
Posted By: Sundance Re: Finding Acceptance - 11/10/14 01:49 AM
"The song came alive for me when the lead guitar started. The orchestration and wind instrument had a better feel following the guitar."

+1 I really enjoyed it after that point too.

Josie
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Finding Acceptance - 11/10/14 03:27 AM
Although it means a loss of income to you, I love it when your students cancel their lessons because we PG music gang reap the rewards. This is a really creative, cool, different piece of music. The beat is infectious. Thoroughly enjoyed it! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Finding Acceptance - 11/10/14 02:40 PM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Although it means a loss of income to you, I love it when your students cancel their lessons because we PG music gang reap the rewards. This is a really creative, cool, different piece of music. The beat is infectious. Thoroughly enjoyed it! Take care. Greg

A big plus one!! Greg beat us to it. We too enjoy those spontaneous spare moments you find to generate great music. And this was no disappointment.

J&B
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Finding Acceptance - 11/10/14 03:37 PM
Well, Mario...

You are accepted! I liked this from the very first note. Spectacular playing at every turn. The bass/flute combination/response-and-call was mesmerizing. (The shaker was done so very nicely). Great strings! Interesting drums! Tasty guitar!

Man! I like this! (it bugged me that something started playing at the end of it every time I listened... I wanted to savor it without the disruption....)

My favorite Mariopiece.

floyd
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Finding Acceptance - 11/10/14 03:43 PM
well, Mario... you've gone and done it again.

You seem to have a grip on the mysterious knowledge of how to keep a composition unencumbered and keep it interesting with just a little bit playing at a time. That's something I need to learn. So hurry up and post a bunch more songs like this so I can imitate them. ;-)

(imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so they say. It's also one of the best ways to expand one's musical horizons)
Posted By: boehm Re: Finding Acceptance - 11/10/14 05:04 PM
Hi Mario,

very gladly accepted. Like Greg said: "I love it when your students cancel their lessons".
Heading back for another listen.

Guenter
Posted By: Scott C Re: Finding Acceptance - 11/12/14 08:44 PM
Very neat song. Very different.
Posted By: dani48 Re: Finding Acceptance - 11/13/14 12:54 PM
Hi, Mario !:))

Well, my friend, you´ve got my
wholehearted acceptance !:))
This is a masterpiece and nothing less !!
I just loved where the strings came
in (synth strings ?) !!! but the
whole tune is as I said a masterpiece
from the first chord to the last !!!

Great, Mario !

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: tommyad Re: Finding Acceptance - 11/13/14 01:00 PM
Mario, very different and interesting. I enjoyed it. Tom
Posted By: aleck rand Re: Finding Acceptance - 11/13/14 08:39 PM
Mario,

Check my SoundCloud comments on your track. This is gorgeous. These are beautiful changes. And you say this is what you did in an hour due to a cancelled lesson?

Dean
Posted By: gibson Re: Finding Acceptance - 11/15/14 06:46 AM
Mario,

Damn I know you loose money if students don't turn up BUT........ you are one talented dude!

each track you post is better than the one before!

Alyn
Posted By: MarioD Re: Finding Acceptance - 11/16/14 07:58 PM
Thanx to all that listened and commented:

Charlie and Josie - I'm glad you did enjoy the song after the guitar lead. I was hoping for a build up to that point so maybe I took too long to get there?

Greg, Janice and Bud and Guenter - Thanx! But I need the money to buy more guitars, VSTis and other toys!

Floyd and Pat and Dani - Such great comments from such accomplished musicians! Thank you very much!

Scott and Tommy - thanx for listening and the very nice comments.

Dean - thanx for those outstanding SoundCloud comments, they are greatly appreciated! I came up with the chord structure, I wrote it down as I have CRS, and the basic lead line in that hour. When I got home I immediately went to BiaB put the chords is and worked on the song.

If you want the chord structure just PM me and I will send to the chords and how I played them on my guitar.

Alyn - thanx for those extremely nice comments.
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Finding Acceptance - 11/17/14 03:12 PM
Mario,
This is really a sophisticated sound. Very well conceived and performed.
SD
© PG Music Forums