PG Music Home
Posted By: malcolmfhill Chillout dinner jazz. - 11/15/14 09:29 AM
Hi all,
I haven't been on here for a while but am a regular user of BNB. A bit of smooth, chillout, jazz.
http://www.reverbnation.com/malcolmfhill/song/21553520-very-saxxy-dinner-jazz

Love, Malcolm.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Chillout dinner jazz. - 11/15/14 10:59 AM
Very nice listen and I agree very relaxing
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Chillout dinner jazz. - 11/15/14 11:11 AM
Malcolm,

Very Saxxy, indeed!

A nice tune - a good listen. I thought the drums could be up just a bit in the mix (a very small bit) - the popping of the bass is sometimes louder than the drums. Everything else sits nicely in the mix. A short break from the sax would be nice in a couple of spots (LOL - it is Very saxxy...) Maybe give the bass the spotlight at a spot where it is doing that nice walkin'...

I like your music. It made me want to go out to dinner...

floyd
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Chillout dinner jazz. - 11/15/14 11:13 AM
Hi Malcolm! I see you only have 12 posts... one of which was your intro to this song!

Although you joined over a year ago, this is the first time I've met you, so... Welcome to the PGMusic forum and to the user showcase! VERY glad to see somebody else adding to the ranks of jazz musicians in the forum! There seems to be an epidemic in process.. everybody is catching the jazz bug! wink

Having listened through your offerings, I must say they are all very tasteful and well done!

Its customary in the forum to post the real tracks used and tell a little bit about the song, your back ground, what instruments you may have played in the song etc etc.

Please introduce yourself... we want to get to know you!
And thanks for posting such enjoyable songs! I look forward to hearing more!
Posted By: boehm Re: Chillout dinner jazz. - 11/15/14 11:56 AM
Hi Malcolm,

thanks for the nice listen. Would be even more relaxing if you gave the sax a break every now and then.

Guenter
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Chillout dinner jazz. - 11/15/14 05:57 PM
Cool chillin' jazz! I love sex (I mean sax) and could listen to this kind of music all night. I agree with Floyd that the drums could come up a bit. Really sweet tune! Take care. Greg
Posted By: MarioD Re: Chillout dinner jazz. - 11/16/14 07:13 PM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Cool chillin' jazz! I love sex (I mean sax) and could listen to this kind of music all night. I agree with Floyd that the drums could come up a bit. Really sweet tune! Take care. Greg

I agree. I really like that sax! Are you playing it?

I love lounge jazz and you certainly did it justice with this song.
© PG Music Forums