PG Music Home
Posted By: semar Qui Dove Sto Io - 11/16/14 08:25 AM
Hi folks,
here is a short cover of a nice song developed by a friend of mine.

I have completely arranged this cover using BiaB, then mixed in Reaper, using its built-in effects. As microphone I have used a Shure SM 58.

This song tells about the "place" where I am (qui dove sto io), which is also the place where lots of us are too. It's a metaphor about the life and its difficulties we all are required to face every day.

The lyrics are in italian :-)

https://soundcloud.com/sergiomarcello/qui-dove-sono-io

Comments and criticism are more than welcome !

Best Regards,
Sergio.

****** Song Summary *************
Title: qui_dove_sono_io

Style is _POPBRIT.STY (PopBrit 2 Guitars (120 RS))

RealTracks in song: 1008:Bass, Electric, ElecRock Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 695:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm ElecRockArp Ev 120 (A:arp)
RealTracks in style: 645:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopRockBritEdgy Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 648:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopRockBritHeavy Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 1261:Guitar, Electric, Soloist PopShining Ev 120 (Bluesy)
RealDrums in Song: RockTexas^1-a:HiHat, b:OpenHat
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Qui Dove Sto Io - 11/16/14 10:22 AM
Hi Sergio, this was an enjoyable listen for me. It is played and produced very nicely though I don't understand Italian lyrics, it is a sweet melody.

Charlie
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Qui Dove Sto Io - 11/16/14 02:44 PM
Cool song (at least musically, don't understand the words)! It is a bit strange to open with a mellow acoustic and jump in with heavier instruments. I think the heavier sound fits the song, so I would change the intro. Enjoyable listen!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: MarioD Re: Qui Dove Sto Io - 11/16/14 06:48 PM
Sergio, I like the way you started with the acoustic guitar then morphed into the heavier guitar. Great job on that.

I thought the mix was very good as was your sound sources. The melody was also very good but I also didn't understand the lyrics. BUT that is not a problem as a good song is a good song regardless of language it was sung in and this is a very good song!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Qui Dove Sto Io - 11/16/14 07:00 PM
Sergio,

Cool sounding song. The tracks seem well mixed in relation to each other. But, there is a "distance" to the overall mix - as if you applied a reverb or delay to final mix. If so, I think it would work without that to give it a bit more "presence"...in-your-face sound that a rock song ought to have.

The performance is nice.

floyd
Posted By: semar Re: Qui Dove Sto Io - 11/17/14 07:54 AM
many thanks for the kind comments so far :-)

@Greg,
I did this intentionally as I wanted to add a surprise' flavour to the intro, anyway but I understand your point, and I may change it in a future version.

@Floyd,
I did add reverb, eq and compressor to the vocal tracks, and eq to the drum track as well (the kick was too loud), but I did not have added extra effects to the final mix though. I'll check it again, but I'm quite sure about it.

What do you exactly mean with "distant" ? Does this particular characteristic affect only the vocals or the overall sound ?

Regards,
Sergio.
© PG Music Forums