PG Music Home
Posted By: Sundance RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) - 11/23/14 01:53 PM
This is a lyric video for one of our songs from our 2011 Twilight Folk CD. It's about growing up falling in love with the music we heard on the radio and has what I call a Bob Dylan sings with the Mamas and Papas vibe. All RT's, mixed in Garageband and professionally mastered. It's one of our favs, hope you enjoy it too.

Josie
Posted By: RnAM Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) - 11/23/14 05:20 PM
Hi Josie,

Very nice song and very nice video!
We especially like the 45 with your names on it.
One nit though... contrary to your vocals, which are very good, Bob's voice isn't always 100 % in tune.
Maybe a Gsnap or Autotune could work?

Regards,
Rob and Anne-Marie
Posted By: Sundance Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) - 11/23/14 06:48 PM
Hi Rob and Anne-Marie,

We know. It's not supposed to be perfect. Neither were Sunny and Cher or Johnny and June or Bob Dylan or Dusty Springfield or too many others to list here.

It's all about character and vibe. Just as it was when we grew up listening before perfection was the new vogue. Right now in the current trend of indie singer/songwriter stuff authentic (pitchy) is preferred over perfection as long as the vibe is there.

The correction choice depends on the sound and style your going after. smile

Really appreciate you guys listening and commenting.

Glad you enjoyed it. Thank you.

Josie
Posted By: floyd jane Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) - 11/23/14 08:14 PM
Josie/Bob...

That is my favorite of you guys together. A real good rockin' number.
The tracks sound great. Good driving drums (you know how I like that)!

Awesome background vocals!!! I really like when Bob gets his rock-voice going towards the end.

Loved the video. A walk through the past...

I really enjoyed that. Super catchy.

floyd
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) - 11/24/14 12:06 AM
Great song!! Great video! Captures a lot of the emotion I feel about the era, and exemplifies my belief that music will never be that good again in our lives. That's why I love this forum-it's made up of a group of people who know what great music is, and are still doing a lot of it themselves. This is killer! I just posted a comment on another of Robert's songs, and these BGs are spot on and accent his style. Loved it!! Josie, you look too young to be from "our era". Are you guys acquainted in person or is it a "digital" musical relationship? I like what I've heard from this collaboration a lot! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) - 11/24/14 12:54 AM
Best one yet! Great job, excellent on the background vocals. I'm really enjoying how a lot of forum posts are showcasing back to music that was such an influence on our generation. Quality stuff.

Charlie
Posted By: gibson Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) - 11/24/14 04:59 AM
BRILLIANT,

those were the days, with the beautifully recreated memories in that song.
The video was excellent. WHO did that!!!

Let's add "Josie and Bob" to the list of duos eh!!!

Thanks for the memories in a wonderful song, and video.

Alyn
Posted By: rsdean Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) - 11/24/14 07:03 AM
Floyd,

Thanks - we really appreciate that!

Bob
Posted By: rsdean Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) - 11/24/14 07:05 AM
Greg,

Thanks very much. Josie and I met about 4 years ago on this forum - we have a "digital" musical relationship. I still find it amazing what is possible today...

Bob
Posted By: rsdean Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) - 11/24/14 07:06 AM
Charlie,

Thanks for the very kind words.

Bob
Posted By: rsdean Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) - 11/24/14 07:07 AM
Alyn,

We are so glad you enjoyed it. Thanks very much. Josie and I put the video together in 2011.

Bob
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) - 11/24/14 09:07 AM
well THAT was fun!

Interesting to me that in the last song of yours, I preferred the main vocal without a harmony... but in this song, the background vocals are absolutely spot-on for the song's mood and message! So I guess I'm one of those listeners who doesn't quite know what he likes...

The video was very cleverly put together... I liked the spinning 45 with your names on it too... nice touch!

heh.. as the video progressed through the series of album covers, I found myself thinking "Now I know what Josie was listening to in those days..." but for all I know , they were Bob's choices. Doesn't matter though, because it's all applicable to the song. What can I say? That was a slick project! Kudos to both of you!
Posted By: tommyad Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) - 11/24/14 09:59 AM
Bob, and Josie, Cool video and a great sounding song. Did you send it out to be mastered? They did an excellent job. I believe this is my favorite of your many collabs. Great stuff! Tom
Posted By: royg1707 Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) - 11/24/14 10:16 AM
Good Country feel, backing vocals fit nice as well, yes enjoyed it.Thanks.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) - 11/24/14 12:40 PM
C O O L ! !

The quintessential musical trip down that period's musical lane.

Great production!!

J&B
Posted By: aleck rand Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) - 11/24/14 09:26 PM
I'm in with Alyn on this one. Wow, what memories on that video. Rick Nelson, in my view the most under-rated performer of those years, got some well-deserved exposure. Garden Party is my favorite of his.

Yeah, so Bob's intonation is a little crusty at times - gives it character, like a well worn pair of jeans. In fact, I have a feeling that something like Melodyne would do something bizarre and wrong to Bob's voice.

Josie, those pitch perfect harmonies had to be done by you. So on the money. Now here's a little trivia question for you guys and all the Forum: Who was the first singer to use pitch correction? I'm fairly sure I know the answer.

Dean
Posted By: MarioD Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) - 11/24/14 09:59 PM
This was absolutely fantastic! Everything about this was top shelf!
Loved the video!

The only sad part about this song is that I have most all of the records shown and I knew everyone in the pictures. Plus I had a transistor radio very similar to that one. But that is this old man's problem not yours!

This is your best to date!
Posted By: dani48 Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) - 11/24/14 10:05 PM
Hi, Josie & Bob !:))

I love this to every extent !
...and those nice harmonies !!!
Takes me back to good olĀ“radio
days !!:))

Those backing vocals.....WOW, WOW !!!:))

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Sundance Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) - 11/24/14 10:54 PM
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
well THAT was fun!

Interesting to me that in the last song of yours, I preferred the main vocal without a harmony... but in this song, the background vocals are absolutely spot-on for the song's mood and message! So I guess I'm one of those listeners who doesn't quite know what he likes...

The video was very cleverly put together... I liked the spinning 45 with your names on it too... nice touch!

heh.. as the video progressed through the series of album covers, I found myself thinking "Now I know what Josie was listening to in those days..." but for all I know , they were Bob's choices. Doesn't matter though, because it's all applicable to the song. What can I say? That was a slick project! Kudos to both of you!

Thank you Pat.

The covers were picked by both of us.

Josie
Posted By: Sundance Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) - 11/24/14 11:08 PM
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Bob, and Josie, Cool video and a great sounding song. Did you send it out to be mastered? They did an excellent job. I believe this is my favorite of your many collabs. Great stuff! Tom

Thank you Tommy.

Yes, since we were doing a physical CD in addition to the usual downloads we thought a real mastering engineer should do it.

We appreciate that very much.

Josie
Posted By: Sundance Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) - 11/24/14 11:10 PM
Originally Posted By: royg1707
Good Country feel, backing vocals fit nice as well, yes enjoyed it.Thanks.

Thank you Roy.

Josie
Posted By: Sundance Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) - 11/24/14 11:13 PM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
C O O L ! !

The quintessential musical trip down that period's musical lane.

Great production!!

J&B

Thank you J&B.

Much appreciated.

Josie
Posted By: Sundance Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) - 11/27/14 03:22 AM
Thank you Dean. Glad you enjoyed the trip back in time. I'm guessing Cher but I really don't know the answer. We appreciate the kind words.

Mario, I think it's great you have those records. I had a giant box full that I had collected for years that got flooded.

So glad you enjoyed it.

Josie
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) - 11/27/14 03:49 AM
Hi Josie and Bob.
I hadn't heard this song of yours before. It is really lovely. I love the lyric "waiting to fly in the fast lane. Traffic lights who'll race the moon".
Great job on the video. Great job all round.
© PG Music Forums