PG Music Home
Posted By: horsthartung A New Day - 11/26/14 07:12 PM
https://soundcloud.com/horst_hartung/a-new-day

I wrote this song while I was in a Hospital in NY State when I was 25. It took them a whole week to find out that I had Hepatitis "A" which they now call Hep "C".

Lyrics:
A New Day
By Horst Hartung 1976

A new day has begun, as the sun’s light shines in my eyes
As the flowers are swaying to the children who are playing
And the young sparrow, learns to fly

And the mothers, hold their sons
And the father, stands nearby
And the feeling is good, to share love as you should
And I thank God I’m alive

As the dreams carry us on, sunken hearts reach for the sky
Places you think of where there was so much love
A feeling come true and alive

There is a treasure for you to be found
Somewhere, awaiting us all

A new day has begun, as the sun’s light shines in my eyes
As the flowers are swaying to the children who are playing
And the young sparrow, learns to fly

I thank God I’m alive
I thank God I’m alive

Enjoy....
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: A New Day - 11/26/14 08:40 PM
Pretty good song to post just in time for Thanksgiving!
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: A New Day - 11/26/14 10:22 PM
Another great tune!! Love the feel, and love the vocal. Really nicely done all the way around. I think the mix could be a bit brighter. I love the organic feel you get but it seems that this one is a little light on the high end. Great stuff!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: A New Day - 11/26/14 10:29 PM
This was a good production and I liked the harmonies. Good choice for instrumentation. You have nice varieties between the different songs you've posted so far. It's keeping things interesting.

Charlie
Posted By: Sundance Re: A New Day - 11/27/14 02:26 AM
Great feel and arrangement, love the vocals and the message. On the mix, it could be a tad brighter - maybe cut a little of the low mid/lows?

I really like your style Horst.

Josie
Posted By: boehm Re: A New Day - 11/27/14 11:53 AM
Hi Horst,

let me quote: You have nice varieties between the different songs you've posted so far. It's keeping things interesting.
Enjoyable listen.

Guenter
Posted By: gibson Re: A New Day - 11/28/14 07:32 AM
Horst,

I do like the backing vocals as they add so much to a beautiful song.
I like your style of writing and production
Wonderful

Alyn
Posted By: tommyad Re: A New Day - 11/28/14 02:01 PM
Horst, This is good write. The vocals are great. The arrangement is just right for the style. I agree it could use some brightening. Maybe in the mastering stage. Tom
Posted By: RnAM Re: A New Day - 11/28/14 03:10 PM
Hi Horst,

Beautiful song, especially the way the backing vocals are sung!

Rob and Anne-Marie
Posted By: floyd jane Re: A New Day - 11/28/14 07:08 PM
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Horst, This is good write. The vocals are great. The arrangement is just right for the style. I agree it could use some brightening. Maybe in the mastering stage. Tom

Horst - I agree with Tom on every point he made. This was my favorite of your posts so far...

fj
Posted By: MarioD Re: A New Day - 11/28/14 11:58 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane

Horst - I agree with Tom on every point he made. This was my favorite of your posts so far...

fj

I agree. This is a really good song.
I like your vocals and lyrics.
Posted By: horsthartung Re: A New Day - 11/29/14 04:27 PM
Thanks Pat....I hope you had a great Thanksgiving....
Posted By: horsthartung Re: A New Day - 11/29/14 04:31 PM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Another great tune!! Love the feel, and love the vocal. Really nicely done all the way around. I think the mix could be a bit brighter. I love the organic feel you get but it seems that this one is a little light on the high end. Great stuff!! Take care. Greg

Thanks Greg.....This song is not mastered yet...in fact I'm just kinda playing around with it for now....I'll probably make a lot of changes to it before it's finished....
Posted By: horsthartung Re: A New Day - 11/29/14 04:33 PM
Originally Posted By: c_fogle
This was a good production and I liked the harmonies. Good choice for instrumentation. You have nice varieties between the different songs you've posted so far. It's keeping things interesting.

Charlie

Thanks Charlie....but I'll be making a lot of changes to this song before it's done....
Posted By: horsthartung Re: A New Day - 11/29/14 04:38 PM
Originally Posted By: Sundance
Great feel and arrangement, love the vocals and the message. On the mix, it could be a tad brighter - maybe cut a little of the low mid/lows?

I really like your style Horst.

Josie

Hello Josie....

This was a very old song and I've played around with it with older versions of Powertracks but was never happy with the finished product.

I'm hoping to re-do this song with 2014 or maybe 2015 version of Realband. I'm still not happy with it so I'll keep at it til I get it right...

Love what your doing with your music....
Posted By: horsthartung Re: A New Day - 11/29/14 04:42 PM
Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Horst,

let me quote: You have nice varieties between the different songs you've posted so far. It's keeping things interesting.
Enjoyable listen.

Guenter

Hello Guenter...

I like mixing things up and don't like being stuck with just one style of music....I like all kinds of music...so I always try to do something different in each song I write....it make it more interesting....
Posted By: horsthartung Re: A New Day - 11/29/14 04:45 PM
Originally Posted By: gibson
Horst,

I do like the backing vocals as they add so much to a beautiful song.
I like your style of writing and production
Wonderful

Alyn

Hello Alyn...

This song has a long way to go before it's finished. It seems like every new version of Realband, I want to change a lot of things in my older songs...Maybe version 2015 will be the one for this song...
Posted By: horsthartung Re: A New Day - 11/29/14 04:49 PM

Hello Tom...

I'm still not happy with this song....maybe version 2015 of Realband will give me what this song needs to get it done...
© PG Music Forums