PG Music Home
Posted By: horsthartung Let Me Teach You (Re-Done) - 12/05/14 01:43 AM
I wrote this song in my early twenty's....traveling the southern route into Florida....I stopped at a large pond off the hwy ...went for a swim and then wrote this song....I don't know why cause I wasn't married and didn't have any kids....so who knows how this happened....

I took out the Resonator Guitar and added a Fiddle Solo....

[Link no longer valid]

****** Song Summary *************
Title: Let Me Teach You
File:Let Me Teach You.SGU
Key=G , Tempo 210, Length (m:s)=2:01
No intro. 138 bar chorus, from bar 1 to bar 138. Repeat x1 chorus
No Melody
No Soloist track.
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Style is =HDRKWLZ.STY (Hard Rock Waltz Guitars(140 RT))
Style MIDI Instruments are : Finger Electric Bass (34),
I played My Acoustic Guitar for the Rhythm track
HardRockWaltzSustainA-B Ev 140
RealDrums in style: RockModernWaltz^1-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

Posted By: gibson Re: Let Me Teach You (Re-Done) - 12/05/14 05:28 AM
Horst,

What did you use for the violin?

A song that belongs in the 60's but sounds great now.
Good vocals etc

Great ending!!!

Alyn
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Let Me Teach You (Re-Done) - 12/05/14 11:26 AM
Horst,

A good production on this - one of your best, I think.
The vocals are very well done and the song has a good energy. Nice melody and cadence.

The first listen, the fiddles solo seemed long - expected it to finish at that first pause (which was nice) @ 1:20. A second listen and I was expecting it, so it worked okay, but I think it would work better for the song without that second half. The fiddle that plays at the end (@ 1:58) is nice, but a bit loud, on top of the vocal... tuck that under the vocal and it would be very effective...

A very enjoyable tune. Jaunty!
(A lyric would be nice?)

floyd
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Let Me Teach You (Re-Done) - 12/05/14 11:32 AM
This is a nice write and production. The fiddle fits the song well. I enjoyed my listen from start to finish.

Charlie
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Let Me Teach You (Re-Done) - 12/05/14 01:30 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Horst,

A good production on this - one of your best, I think.
The vocals are very well done and the song has a good energy. Nice melody and cadence.

The first listen, the fiddles solo seemed long - expected it to finish at that first pause (which was nice) @ 1:20. A second listen and I was expecting it, so it worked okay, but I think it would work better for the song without that second half. The fiddle that plays at the end (@ 1:58) is nice, but a bit loud, on top of the vocal... tuck that under the vocal and it would be very effective...

A very enjoyable tune. Jaunty!
(A lyric would be nice?)

floyd

Scary, but Floyd said every single thing I was going to say!

There's something about your songs that really resonates with me. The energy to which Floyd alludes is definitely a part of what shows up in all of your songs. And maybe that's why most of what you present has a "live" feel to it. I also like your philosophical side. You aren't just throwing lyrics out there.. so far everything you've submitted indicates that you use your head for more than just a hat rack. I like that.

The fiddle you chose for this song worked out really well! It sustained in all the right places, but the phrasing was lively and interesting throughout! I find myself skipping past the gypsy fiddle real tracks, but this worked so well that I'm going to have to rethink that!

I like clean endings, and this one was very much to my liking. All the real tracks concluded at the same place, no stragglers! What a concept!

Good job! You're a very talented guy, and I enjoy what you're doing! Keep 'em coming!
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Let Me Teach You (Re-Done) - 12/05/14 03:14 PM
Another great tune!! Really nicely done all the way. I think the fiddle may slightly interfere with the vocal near the end of the song-pretty busy. Really nice stuff!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: horsthartung Re: Let Me Teach You (Re-Done) - 12/05/14 05:46 PM
Hey Alyn

I used RT 1458 Fiddle....
Posted By: horsthartung Re: Let Me Teach You (Re-Done) - 12/05/14 05:48 PM
Thanks everyone for the mixing tips....I made all of the changes you pointed out and uploaded the new mix if you want to re-listen.

Thanks again for your help...
Posted By: RichMac Re: Let Me Teach You (Re-Done) - 12/05/14 06:00 PM
A Jolly rollicking type song. Spirited. Love the fiddle. Cheers.
Posted By: Sundance Re: Let Me Teach You (Re-Done) - 12/07/14 03:32 AM
Sounds good to me. Like that live indie feel. And very cool ending.

Josie
© PG Music Forums