PG Music Home
Posted By: F.M.M. rightous one - 12/07/14 08:04 PM
hi guys thanks for taking time to listen and feed back all real tracks except guitar solo thanks eric https://soundcloud.com/f-m-m/rightous-one Style is _JWLTZPW.STY (Poll Winners Jazz Waltz[140RS])

RealTracks in style: ~2319:Bass, Acoustic, JazzWaltzRonA-B Sw 140
RealTracks in style: ~2323:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm JazzWaltzKenny Sw 140
RealTracks in song: 2393:Sax, Alto, Soloist JazzWaltzPhil Sw 140
RealDrums in style: JazzWaltzLewis^01-a:Brushes, Snare , b:Brushes, Busy Snare
Posted By: rsdean Re: rightous one - 12/07/14 08:25 PM
Eric,

Very nice. Loved the guitar solo! Great tone. Nice job.

Bob
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: rightous one - 12/08/14 02:06 AM
Hi Eric. You always provide us an enjoyable listen and this time is no exception. Thanks for posting.

Charlie
Posted By: boehm Re: rightous one - 12/08/14 11:49 AM
Hi Eric,

great guitar tone as always.

Guenter
Posted By: floyd jane Re: rightous one - 12/08/14 01:25 PM
Enjoyed it, eric - fj
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: rightous one - 12/08/14 03:02 PM
YAY! I finally got Sound Cloud to play!

Ok, you kind of surprised me on this one, Eric... usually you play guitar for more of the song, but on this one you waited for fully half the song. Nice change-up from the usual!

We all love your guitar tone, and I've asked before about your setup... but I don't remember if you feed directly from your effects pedal into the audio interface... or do you mic your amp? Whatever you're doing sure results in a consistently pleasing sound!

My only nit is one I've expressed before, and that is the lack of a definable melody. In an instrumental song unless there is a clearly recognizable melody it comes across as more of a jam session than a composition. People who use only Real Tracks without actually playing an instrument are at a disadvantage, because they can't easily dictate what the RTs play in order to create a recurring theme or melody. But since you do play an instrument, it is especially noticeable if you don't use it to craft a melody.

Having said that, I do think that jazz fusion as a genre tends to be more "jammy" and free flowing, so maybe I shouldn't listen to your songs in the context of more traditional melodious projects. As a session player, you have the addition of decorative fills down to an art! And the jazz fusion styles are well suited to what you are doing, I think.

Thanks for continuing to faithfully post your songs to the forum! You are one of the regulars here, and I appreciate that!
Posted By: dani48 Re: rightous one - 12/08/14 03:08 PM
Hi, Eric !!:))

Just loving whatever comes
out of your creative box !!!
Wonderful sound all around !!!
Wishing you a Merry X - mas and
a Happy New Musicfilled and Creative
year 2015 !:))

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Scott C Re: rightous one - 12/08/14 05:31 PM
Nice enjoyable listen.. Excellent guitar work
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: rightous one - 12/08/14 05:53 PM
Cool tune!! Great guitar work, and excellent use of RTs to compliment your playing. Also, mix sounded great to me. Another fun listen! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Sundance Re: rightous one - 12/09/14 12:09 AM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Cool tune!! Great guitar work, and excellent use of RTs to compliment your playing. Also, mix sounded great to me. Another fun listen! Take care. Greg

+1

Josie
Posted By: gibson Re: rightous one - 12/09/14 02:46 AM
Eric,

smoo-ooth.
Nice guitar solo and lovely tone.

thanks for sharing

Alyn
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: rightous one - 12/09/14 01:10 PM
Hadn't heard that guitar in a while.

NICE!!

J&B
Posted By: MarioD Re: rightous one - 12/12/14 08:21 PM
Again late to the party but sure glad that I came.

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson

If you did a CD like this I would buy it.

Great job!
Posted By: BruceI Re: rightous one - 12/12/14 11:12 PM
Really enjoyable, a great blend of RT and some slinky/smooth guitar playing, as others have noted. I do agree with Pat that with your obvious guitar talents, it would be fun to hear what you might do with a more specific melodic line on something like this, perhaps a theme-and-variations sort of thing, I don't know. It's not that jazz-based jamming isn't fun to listen to - there are melodic and chromatic surprises to keep the ears engaged, and you do that very well.

Thanks,
Bruce
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: rightous one - 12/13/14 10:30 PM
hi pat thanks for the kind words no medley on guitar I will give it shot thought the sax had it in the bag my set up is guitar to gt-100 boss/roland pedal to carvin studio playmate mixer to delta 1010 pci sound card playing lespaul custom 1968 model also thanks to floydjane scott,dani, greg sundance,gibson,mariod, Janice&bud thanks eric for listening
© PG Music Forums