PG Music Home
Posted By: pikeyh Another quick demo..Man of miracles. - 12/08/14 06:14 PM
Hi Guys, Here is another demo, just to get a feel of what you chaps think of the idea, if its any good i will keep it, thanks, Ade

https://soundcloud.com/jakeyh/miracles-2

Sorry about the swear word, it just seemed right (this was done with anger) if it offends anyone i will remove it...

real tracks used bass,pick guit, piano/synth and nylon guit solo (i ain't got a nylon) the rest is my programing/playing ez drummer 2 was used for the drums
Posted By: boehm Re: Another quick demo..Man of miracles. - 12/09/14 02:01 PM
Hi Ade,

I wonder why nobody has replied yet. This is a nicely arranged song. I especially like your background vocals. That's a nice effect at 1:59.
I'd like to have the lyrics printed.

Guenter
I'm with Guenter on this one. The backing vocals are good but I really like your voice overall. You did a great job on the write, mixing, arrangement and performance of this song. My favorite so far. Hope to hear more from you soon.

Charlie
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Another quick demo..Man of miracles. - 12/09/14 05:32 PM
Whoah! I like this a LOT!! Is this song made from a style in BIAB?? If so I need to know which one!

the intro gave me chills! your instrumentation is very tasteful and varied... which in itself would have been great even if the other stuff hadn't been top notch... but everything else is just as good!! You have an uncanny knack for adding instrumental hooks... so much going on, and ALL of it works very well!! I'm totally impressed by this song!

This has that great 80s-90s sound that made so many songs instantly likeable during that period!

I especially like the syncopated way you include various elements... its as though each of the parts is tailored to a slightly different chord sheet... the instruments change at slightly different intervals, and in my opinion that adds a HUGE air of uniqueness to a song.

and you can sing too! It just keeps getting better! As I write this, I'm listening to your other songs... your stuff kicks some major @$$!! I like almost everything that gets posted on the forum, but I would spend hard earned money on your stuff!

What's your story, anyway? Are you strictly a hobbyist? I'm thinking not! This has PRO written all over it!

I really want to hear more from you! Thanks for posting!
Posted By: pikeyh Re: Another quick demo..Man of miracles. - 12/09/14 07:32 PM
Thanks for the comments guys, I don't use BIAB, I use Real Band for my compositions, the story about me is that i was a Semi pro Musician, and toured all over the UK about 4/5 nights a week, I was always into writing and recording but never spent enough time at home to do anything about it (You know the story guys, too busy bringing home the bacon) anyways, had to give up through ill health about 5 years ago (got a pre cancer in my esophagus and diverticulitis, which have me laid up fairly regularly) back to the story, about the same time my bass player had 2 strokes, and so couldn't play anymore, I don't play keyboard's, but can program pretty well, so thats how i got into BIAB/Real Band, as i am sometimes not well enough to get my guit and amp out so i will "rough out" the song in real band, and if some parts work well enough they will be edited and left in. anyway my life in a nutshell, thanks all for your kind comments, I have about 30 half decent songs written that i am hoping to complete in the next year or so. btw, this is a great forum with the friendliest bunch of people. thanks again, sorry if i have bored you all. Ade
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Another quick demo..Man of miracles. - 12/09/14 07:48 PM
Ade,

Very nicely put together. A great flow to the song.

Terrific vocals. Good energy to the tracks. The acoustic leads are an especially nice touch. The drums could be a touch brighter (for my taste - but that's subjective).

Very enjoyable listen (several, actually)

floyd
Posted By: pikeyh Re: Another quick demo..Man of miracles. - 12/09/14 07:50 PM
Lyrics..

Here come the man of miracles he got you in his sights
Here come the man of miracles and he's here to put things right
How come the man of miracles hasn't walked this way before
And if he is what they say he is he hasn't knocked upon my door

Cant see into the future and I cant relive the past
Sutra priests of africa shamen's to the last
Can move across the borders in territory and strife
So c'mon man of miracles save my F---kin life

Whenever you need him--he's there for you
Whenever you see him--believe in the truth
Whatever you call him--Dr fu man chu
Never deceive him--or be untrue

The starry world of time and space A pageant we call life
The magic powers of ala-dins lamp i'll take this on a test drive
So man of miracles help me as to the sky i call
Show me the way of wisdom and take me back to your home

Whenever you need him--he's there for you
Whenever you see him--believe in the truth
Whatever you call him--Dr fu man chu
Never deceive him--or be untrue

Posted By: pikeyh Re: Another quick demo..Man of miracles. - 12/09/14 07:56 PM
Thanks v much, for your kind words Floyd, these are only in the demo stage at mo, just to get a feel if people like them, some of them have had more work done than others, but once i get down to 8ish songs, i will take some time out to record them properly. Ade
If that's a quick demo, I can't imagine what a polished mix would sound like! This is beautifully done. Great sound, arrangement, and particularly vocals. Awesome job! Take care, Greg

PS Thanks for the kind remarks on Scotch and Cigarettes. Very much appreciated!
Posted By: dani48 Re: Another quick demo..Man of miracles. - 12/10/14 06:22 AM
Hi Ade !

I am with all that have
already posted comments !
This is magnificient I
do not have any other
word for it ( It sounded
a little Genesis to me but
the tune is yours completely
no wondering about that) !!
Great, Ade, just great !!!!!

Merry X mas and a Happy New and
Creative Musicfilled Year to you
too !:))

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: gibson Re: Another quick demo..Man of miracles. - 12/10/14 07:42 AM
Quote:
If that's a quick demo, I can't imagine what a polished mix would sound like! This is beautifully done. Great sound, arrangement, and particularly vocals. Awesome job! Take care, Greg

Greg said it all for me.

Sorry to hear about your problems, I do hope you get good treatment from NHS Wales. I showed/played this to the bass player from my old band, I call him 3-strokes Steve, and he sends his best to your mate as he cannot play either.

Great stuff, keep them coming Ade

Alyn
Posted By: MarioD Re: Another quick demo..Man of miracles. - 12/12/14 07:58 PM
Holy crap your demos sound better than my finished product!

This is really great as is and is very pro sounding. Your years of pro playing on tours is shining through on this one.

This is a keeper.
Posted By: BruceI Re: Another quick demo..Man of miracles. - 12/12/14 10:52 PM
Whoa... this is really a great sounding track. As others have said, it's extremely fresh and varied in the arrangement and BG vox. Your voice has a cool lead vocal quality that to me is more late 60's or early 70's (my core period). It somehow made me think of "Something in the Air" by Thunderclap Newman. Maybe the chiming guitars. Great job for a demo if that's what you consider it!

Sorry for the health challenges but glad that your musical spirit is fully operational!

Cheers,
Bruce
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Another quick demo..Man of miracles. - 12/13/14 04:23 AM
Hi Ade,

Quick demo????? It's magnificent. I have to agree with MarioD when he says ...

Quote:
Holy crap your demos sound better than my finished product!

All I heard was the sound of professional all the way. What a great listen.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: pikeyh Re: Another quick demo..Man of miracles. - 12/13/14 11:07 AM
Sorry posted this comment on my other song post..

Thanks all, great feedback for me, You start to doubt yourself sometimes. thanks again. Ade
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Another quick demo..Man of miracles. - 12/27/14 01:35 PM
Wow! Got to your SoundCloud and one song led to another, and another and so on. Production, writing, singing, playing, just really good in every respect. Even the demos and rough mixes are way above my best efforts.

Great listening and can't wait to hear more.
Posted By: FredM Re: Another quick demo..Man of miracles. - 12/28/14 06:49 PM
Hi Ade,
Joining in the comments of our friend musicians... great song, great vocals!
Grtz
Fred
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Another quick demo..Man of miracles. - 01/02/15 12:03 PM
Ade,
Very nicely done. The BGVs are really excellent. Thanks for posting.
SD
© PG Music Forums