PG Music Home
Posted By: pikeyh There goes that girl - 12/10/14 04:55 PM
Hi Guys, Here is a song from back in the day (wrote it about 30 years ago) thought i may resurrect it, did this one today mostly real tracks with a bit of guit mando and vox... think this is worth doing? thanks guys. Ade..

a bit beatle-ish....

https://soundcloud.com/jakeyh/there-goes-that-girl

bw. dont pay any attention to the mix or vox, its just the idea, with made up rough lyrics.. (i cant remember that long ago for words, but they were something like this)
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: There goes that girl - 12/10/14 05:00 PM
I got a popup that said "this track can't be played right now....please try later...."

so I will
Posted By: pikeyh Re: There goes that girl - 12/10/14 05:01 PM
it was prob uploading while i posted, just played it fine. thanks. Ade
Posted By: sslechta Re: There goes that girl - 12/10/14 06:05 PM
Yeah, definitely has potential. Your rough mix sounded pretty good. Go for it!
Posted By: FredM Re: There goes that girl - 12/10/14 06:13 PM
Looking forward to the production!

Grtz
F
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: There goes that girl - 12/10/14 07:06 PM
Yeah... it certainly has that 60's Brit Pop feel....

Nice tune and lyrics. Polished and tweaked, I could see this in a chick flick..... behind one of the scenes...

there's something really weird and off key going on in the solo around 1:50....

nice ending.... tighten it up and it's killer.
Posted By: pikeyh Re: There goes that girl - 12/10/14 07:17 PM
thanks for the comments chaps, its a keeper ten i think, yeah that baritone guit is a bit off, but ok for a start, didnt have an idea what i was going to do until it started... thanks. Ade
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: There goes that girl - 12/10/14 08:47 PM
Sounds retro BUT then I'm a retro guy! Still think the old music was the best so I say "GO FOR IT". Pleasant tune! Take care. Greg
Posted By: MarioD Re: There goes that girl - 12/10/14 09:43 PM
Definitely - go for it

I really like this genre!
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: There goes that girl - 12/11/14 12:32 AM
Wow, if you could have had BIAB 2015 technology 30 years ago you would have been in the hit business for sure. This is a good song for your voice and would be a great fit in a movie based in that time.
Lyrically and stylistically, the song, lyrics and arrangement more closely follow Gary Lewis and the Playboys than what the Beatles would do. But that's a good thing. Gary had some nice hits of his own.

I think your song would be well received here on the forum once you get to your final mix. Not much work to do here to make this a fine recording.

Charlie
Posted By: ROG Re: There goes that girl - 12/11/14 07:03 AM
Hi Pykeyh

Nothing really wrong with this at all. Certainly has that 60s feel to it and it flows along nicely.

Maybe sort out a better solo, bring the vocals up a bit and you've got a great song.

ROG.
Posted By: pikeyh Re: There goes that girl - 12/11/14 08:01 AM
Thanks guys, will get onto this one with a final rough, hopefully by the end of the week.. cheers my dears. Ade
Posted By: pikeyh Re: There goes that girl - 12/11/14 08:59 AM
Gary Lewis and the Playboys, never knew them, but i can see what you mean. im an old 60s throwback...hahahaa.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: There goes that girl - 12/11/14 09:39 AM
Originally Posted By: pikeyh
Gary Lewis and the Playboys, never knew them, but i can see what you mean. im an old 60s throwback...hahahaa.

Gary is the son of comedien Jerry Lewis. Several of hits are "This Diamond Ring", "Save your heart for me", and "Just my style".
Posted By: pikeyh Re: There goes that girl - 12/11/14 10:12 AM
Yes did some searching on you tube...thanks. Ade
Posted By: Scott C Re: There goes that girl - 12/11/14 05:24 PM
Very cool song. Well done
Posted By: RnAM Re: There goes that girl - 12/11/14 06:39 PM
Nice song. Definitely the sound of 30 or more years ago.
Vocals are very good.

Rob and Anne-Marie
Posted By: BruceI Re: There goes that girl - 12/12/14 11:42 PM
I have a friend here in the Worcester (Massachusetts, not UK) area who is in a band called the Brit Wits. They play note-perfect covers of all the 60's British Invasion bands, from the Hermits all the way to Cream. I love that stuff. This song makes me think of those great, simple, hooky songs from that era, which to me is a lovely thing. I love the bridge and the baritone guitar parts. Super start - please do share the finished product when you get there!

Cheers,
Bruce
Posted By: pikeyh Re: There goes that girl - 12/13/14 11:03 AM
Thanks for the kind comments guys, will try to get a couple finished by end of year... Ade
Posted By: pikeyh Re: There goes that girl - 12/13/14 11:05 AM
Thanks all, great feedback for me, You start to doubt yourself sometimes. thanks again. Ade
© PG Music Forums