PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD Meditation Stream - 12/14/14 07:14 PM
Meditation Stream

Imagine yourself in the woods lying beside a babbling brook listening to the sounds of nature. Your thoughts wonder from very strong to just faint. You are at peace with the world.

Warning this starts softly but builds up volume so don't turn up your volume at the start of this song.

I used the New Age with Rain and Thunder style. I replaced the rain and thunder with a babbling brook and birds and I deleted the drums and strings.

I replaced the bass track with a cello track that I played on my keyboard MIDI controller.

I used different choirs for the piano and guitar track.

I am playing the guitar parts and with my wind controller I am playing the ocarina lead parts.

Let me know what you think.
Posted By: RnAM Re: Meditation Stream - 12/14/14 07:24 PM
Hello Mario,

We think this is one of your best.
Beautiful and tranquille relaxation music. We could picture ourselves being in the dark with the full moon and stars shining above. smile

Rob and Anne-Marie
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Meditation Stream - 12/14/14 07:59 PM
Ohhh Carina, this is surely the sound of heaven!! Beautiful music. Great guitar. Simply loved it!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Rafa T Re: Meditation Stream - 12/14/14 08:39 PM
Hey Mario, beautiful song! I really enjoy.We need peace, and this song is peace...
Wel done.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Meditation Stream - 12/14/14 09:59 PM
MarioD,

This is real pretty. I'm not much into New Age, meditation and that kind of stuff but that's one of the nice things about this forum and BiaB; if you don't worry about the names and just listen, you may be pleasantly surprised.

By the way, you didn't mention what you used for your choir.

Nice listen.
Posted By: Steve Young Re: Meditation Stream - 12/14/14 11:29 PM
Mario,

Man, this is beautiful!!! I agree with Rob and Anne-Marie. This is my current favorite of yours. I live in a semi rural area in the hill country of Texas, and there are a lot of lakes, rivers and streams close to me. Beautiful music here to compliment some beautiful scenery!

Steve
Posted By: Scott C Re: Meditation Stream - 12/15/14 10:06 AM
Beautiful song. So relaxing. Very well done. Just flows so nicely
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Meditation Stream - 12/15/14 10:52 AM
Lovely. The only thing I would change about our
forest home would be have a stream that sounded
like that outside a window. Meditative indeed.

J&B
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Meditation Stream - 12/15/14 11:29 AM
Mario...

SPECTACULAR!

I agree... one of your best - among so many good ones...

This sounds like it came right off the Soundscapes channel.

You could EASILY be selling CDs of this kind of stuff...

Great mix, too....

floyd
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Meditation Stream - 12/15/14 11:42 AM
Beautiful work here. New favorite for me.

Charlie
Posted By: MarioD Re: Meditation Stream - 12/15/14 01:06 PM
Thank you all for listening and the extremely kind comments.

Jim I used Kontakt's choir morph (a-e) and Angelic vocal pads 6 mode I+II, a third party choir for Kontakt.
Posted By: boehm Re: Meditation Stream - 12/15/14 02:34 PM
Hi Mario,

it's all been said. One of your best.
Great mood. Thanks for that gem.

Guenter
Posted By: MarioD Re: Meditation Stream - 12/15/14 06:49 PM
No thank you Guenter.
Posted By: FredM Re: Meditation Stream - 12/16/14 07:21 AM
Mario,
What a beautiful sounds you brought together. Often in this kind of music I don't see the story, but man, you're telling the tail!
Loved it
Fred
Posted By: gibson Re: Meditation Stream - 12/17/14 01:48 PM
BEAUTIFUL

Absolutely beautiful

Alyn
Posted By: Kemmrich Re: Meditation Stream - 12/17/14 05:36 PM
The wind controller stuff is very convincing, sounds great. Fine guitar works and everything melds together just right.

You really should put a CD together of this type stuff and then just try and sell it to the new age'r type listeners. Who knows what might happen (lots of competition I know -- but that is true everywhere - so just keep the costs low). Good stuff for sure. Length was just right, too -- not too long and not too short.
Posted By: Digital Angel Re: Meditation Stream - 12/19/14 02:09 PM
Very well gone. It did the job, I never got to the end and fell asleep!

DA...
Posted By: fgrittner Re: Meditation Stream - 12/19/14 05:34 PM
Very nice! Well-played and arranged.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Meditation Stream - 12/19/14 06:14 PM
Mario,

this is absolutely mesmerizing! It reminds me of something that might play in the background of a Ken Burns documentary!

Another application might be virtual reality dreamscapes. Are you familiar with the Oculus Rift? It's new, but I see people developing dreamy adventure games for this device.. If you can locate a developer's forum for this product and join it, you may be able to market music like this to the people writing virtual reality applications

OCULUS RIFT
Posted By: dani48 Re: Meditation Stream - 12/19/14 06:39 PM
Hi, Mario !

This must be your best so far !
At least it is it to me and may
I add, by far ! This will take
the listener right into a dream !!!:)

Merry X mas Mario and a Happy New Year
2015 too !:))

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: MarioD Re: Meditation Stream - 12/20/14 11:41 AM
Thanx all for listening and commenting, it is greatly appreciated.

Pat, I had heard of 3D virtual reality but not Oculus Rift. This could be a great product or an evil weapon depending on how it is used.
Posted By: Sundance Re: Meditation Stream - 12/22/14 12:06 AM
Mario,

Very relaxing and beautifully done.

Josie
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Meditation Stream - 12/22/14 09:57 AM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Pat, I had heard of 3D virtual reality but not Oculus Rift. This could be a great product or an evil weapon depending on how it is used.

I think what made the association in my mind was the opening statement in your intro to the song:
Quote:
Imagine yourself in the woods lying beside a babbling brook listening to the sounds of nature. Your thoughts wonder from very strong to just faint. You are at peace with the world.

turning that statement into a visual reality is exactly what oculus rift is good at!

Yeah, I agree it has wide application, not all of which offer the same value... but I think that one GOOD use might be for the treatment of anxiety and depression. Virtually real vacations and escapes to impossibly beautiful locations, combined with music like yours... I'd pay real money for that!

And I think a lot of people would.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Meditation Stream - 12/22/14 10:30 AM
Mario,

Beautifully soothing music and very tastefully arranged. This is a composition that shines with talent.

You definitely have a flair for this style of music.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: MarioD Re: Meditation Stream - 12/22/14 09:47 PM
Thank you very much Josie and Noel for listening and the very nice comments.
Posted By: rsdean Re: Meditation Stream - 12/22/14 10:03 PM
Mario,

This is just great - my new favorite of your songs... smile

Bob
© PG Music Forums