PG Music Home
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12993633

This tune literally skyrocketed to #20 in a field of over 24k Blues-General tunes. It's my token tribute to my VA Nurse who goes unrecognized for the excellent care that he provides to we veterans. Thanks, Mike.

After listening, please rate me up. It will be a great encouragement to Mike LPN, Janelle RN, and the entire medical staff at Tulsa VAMC.

You'll hear our buddy, Brent Mason, jump in with his signature "Tele Snap" at about 1:00.
Rocking blues Don.

Josie
Hi Don,
This blues really rocks!
Great telecaster sound, well played !

Greetings
Fred
@Josie, thanks for listening and encouraging your Cyber Dad. Been extremely busy organizing material for my first ever professionally recorded album. Eventually, it will be available on iTunes. I'll gladly provide you with a courtesy copy.

Nina Gerber, guitarist for the late Kate Wolf (qv) for 14 years is donating some of her fabulous guitar work. That will definitely make the album worth hearing.

@Fred, I certainly appreciated your listening and encouraging comment.
Don,

Great tune - really rocks!

Bob
Thanks, Bob.

Where were these wonderful opportunities 50 years ago when I chased after them? Perhaps the answer is: Band-In-A-Box. Thanks, Peter and crew!
Thanks to you wonderful people, it just hit #11 and still climbing!
I agree with everyone. This rocks!!! Is that Nina Gerber playing on this track? I've heard her backing some songwriters in my area. She's a great player. Great listen! Take care. Greg
Hey Don,

That's a great listen!!! You've excelled yourself with this one.

All the best for 2015!
Noel
Hi Don.

Oh, I DO love the blues and this is one of the best. Definitely has a 60s Brit feel to it. (Yardbirds?)

Very nicely crafted. Super choice of tracks and a great mix.

Thanks for sharing.

ROG.
Well done! Enjoyed listening to this and was a pleasure to vote it up.
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
I agree with everyone. This rocks!!! Is that Nina Gerber playing on this track? I've heard her backing some songwriters in my area. She's a great player. Great listen! Take care. Greg

No Greg, that's BIAB all the way! I used a Brent Mason RT and Brent followed my chord progression obediently. Great session player! lol

Nina hasn't even recorded her tracks yet. She's even buying studio time to record them. She's another treasure. Thanks, Nina. And, yes, she's a fabulous guitarist!

The album material is coming together quite well, hindered only by my very limited experience in such matters. Chorgle. (less than a chuckle).
Hi Don,

This is a very cool rock tune. Mike will undoubtedly love it!

Rob and Anne-Marie
Such a nice gesture to consider him worthy of this honor.

"Where were these wonderful opportunities 50 years ago when I chased after them."

Not every town has one but I live 3 miles from your answer. Opened 1966
it still cranks them out TR Studio I find myself 50 years later finally calling for a chance to book some time in the spring to run the old school rigs!

Not quite a Astoria but I'll enjoy it just the same.

Your never to old to dream!

DA...
That's quite a rocker going on Don. Just listened for the first time this morning and it is a #4 in Blues and #2 in Blues General. Way to go.

Not every day a Nurse gets a hit song named for them. You are truly one of the most gracious people here on the forum. I'm not so sure I know another who thinks so consistently and sincerely of others as you do.

And you write some pretty decent blues to boot.

Thanks for posting.

Charlie
Excellent rocking tune. Guitar work superb. Excellent tone..
Don,

SUPER!

A great listen. Well done! Excellent mix.

floyd
Nice blues with a great mix.

J&B
Don, You know I love the blues. Well done. Tom
Floyd; Scott709; Charlie; DA; R&AM; Jim; ROG; Noel; Greg; Bob; Fred; Josie B; et al, It’s always pleasant and encouraging to be complemented on one’s efforts and achievements but when coming from my songwriting peers, it’s especially exhilarating and re-energizing. It could not have happened were it not for the genius of Dr Gannon and crew. Thanks belong to them and the many musician friends that I have gleaned from and plagiarized over the years. Peter has me deeply involved in my sincere love of music that I had believed was lost to me forever.

J&B; Tommy, must have been writing when you were commenting. Didn't mean to exclude you, by any means! I've stolen (borrowed) from each of you equally. Bent Irishmen don't discriminate. lol
Originally Posted By: c_fogle
That's quite a rocker going on Don. Just listened for the first time this morning and it is a #4 in Blues and #2 in Blues General. Way to go.

Not every day a Nurse gets a hit song named for them. You are truly one of the most gracious people here on the forum. I'm not so sure I know another who thinks so consistently and sincerely of others as you do.

Thanks for posting.

Charlie

Wow, Charlie! Your comment has me blushing. Thanks, my friend.
Dig it, Don! What a fun rockin' tune and a neat genre surprise from you as well. I'm glad I didn't miss it. Btw, what Charlie said, spot on Amigo!

Originally Posted By: c_fogle

Charlie
Thanks, Scotty!

I often use you as an excellent example of "vocal interpretation", a skill that can't be taught. Your cover vocals generally are better than the original artist, clearer, mellower, more distinct, and animated. Singers could learn a lot by studying your vocal delivery, not to mention your songwriting and lyrical craftsmanship.

A complement from you is to be treasured, Mon Ami.
That tune even got the cheeekin dancin'!!
Nice blues jam. Nothing like 1-4-5 to get the chops flowing.

Well, today, it says you're at #3 in general and #2 in sub category..... very cool. It's amazing to look behind the charts and see the actual numbers of plays it takes to attain those numbers.....relatively low..... but hey...still always cool to see that you have a tune in the top ten or even better.

To see one in the #1 position at least in sub, yeah that rocks..... but it brings no money, no fame, no Grammy...drat!.. mad ... Check back in tomorrow and it might hold that coveted place in sub.

I get so tempted some times to simply let Brent and the other maestro's play the parts in my songs.....and sometimes I do let them play..... nice picking for sure.....
Don,
Nice job. Excellent playing.
SD
Don,
Nice job. Excellent playing.
SD
Hi, Don !:))

I liked this blues of yours !:))
Really swinging nicely along !:))
Good luck with the tune, hope
it will be much played all over
the EEUU and other countries too !:))

Cheers
Dani
Rob; Herb; SD; Dani; thank you for listening and especially for your encouragement. Greatly appreciated.
© PG Music Forums