PG Music Home
Posted By: RichRayer Fine in D - 12/29/14 01:31 AM
Just looking at the new BiaB 2015 and came up with this. It uses a progression that has a IV chord followed by a iv6 chord and makes for and interesting combination. This progression is said to be used quite often in popular Seasonal songs. So, I thought I would see how it sounded.

I posted it using the soundcloud render process in BiaB. It shows the file is still being processed on SoundCloud so let me know if you can hear it or not.

http://soundcloud.com/richard-rayer

RichR
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Fine in D - 12/29/14 03:40 AM
I hear it, and I like it! Pretty tune. The string quartet with the sax is somewhat unconventional but I think it works. Thanks for posting. Take care. Greg
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Fine in D - 12/29/14 12:30 PM
Enjoyed listening to it as well as "Getting Away To Our Home Town.". Interesting instrument combinations in both tunes.

By the way Richard, I noticed you are a long time forum member but these are the first tunes I've heard. I hope you post more!
Posted By: FredM Re: Fine in D - 12/29/14 03:31 PM
Hi Rich,
I could easily put this music on late at night. It gives me a comfy feeling. Smooth !!!
I like"Getting Away To Our Home Town" even more.
Hope to hear more of you in 2015.
Fred
Posted By: RichRayer Re: Fine in D - 12/30/14 01:08 AM
I have done a lot of writing but not always in BiaB. Much is done in Finale using GPO and JaBB then developed in Sonar X3. I will post more of my BiaB work this year as I want to learn the program a bit more and see what its potential is for compositional work.

Thanks for the comments, everyone! smile

Rich Rayer
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Fine in D - 12/30/14 04:42 AM
Hi Rich,

Nice work! That was an enjoyable listen. Welcome to the Users Showcase forum (at least I don't recall seeing you in this neck of the woods before) smile

All the best for 2015,
Noel
Posted By: RichRayer Re: Fine in D - 12/30/14 10:47 AM
Thanks, Noel. I will be posting more as I work on BiaB more this year.

Rich
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Fine in D - 12/30/14 01:38 PM
Very nice. Enjoyed the song.

Charlie
Posted By: boehm Re: Fine in D - 12/31/14 11:40 AM
Hi Rich,

welcome to the showcase! Nice song. I enjoy "Getting Away..." even more.
Happy New Year.

Guenter
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Fine in D - 01/01/15 11:46 PM
Nice composition.
We enjoyed it.

J&B
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Fine in D - 01/02/15 03:26 PM
Rick,
Nice work. Thanks for posting.
SD
Posted By: dcuny Re: Fine in D - 01/02/15 03:57 PM
I can hear it! smile

SoundCloud has been misbehaving for me for the last week or so - I've had times when I couldn't upload, and couldn't listen to other people's sounds. I assume they are having server issues, because it's not my computer (I've tried multiple), and it's hit and miss - sometimes one person's music will play, and another won't.

Thanks for posting!

-- David
© PG Music Forums