PG Music Home
Posted By: F.M.M. your smile - 01/11/15 09:10 PM
hi guys had a great Christmas lots of grand kids very relaxing lots of laughter anyway hope you enjoy this all real tracks except solo https://soundcloud.com/f-m-m/your-smile Style is M_SJZBAL.STY (SmoothJazzBallad with Piano [65])
PianoCustom Synth is Hi-Q 001 01 Piano, Acoustic, Grand SampleTank.tgs
Style MIDI Instruments are : Acoustic Piano (1),
RealTracks in style: 908:Bass, Electric, SmoothBallad Ev16 065
MIDI SuperTracks in style: 2082:Piano, Rhythm, SmoothJazzBallad Ev16 65
RealTracks in style: 1072:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm SmoothJazzBallad Ev16 065
RealTracks in song: 1332:Sax, Tenor, Jazz Sw 140RealDrums in style: SmoothJazzBallad^1-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride thanks for listening eric
Posted By: dcuny Re: your smile - 01/11/15 10:38 PM
Nice guitar work!
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: your smile - 01/12/15 12:55 AM
Beautiful piece of music; thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: your smile - 01/12/15 03:35 AM
Really sweet!! Different from your usual style, but very well played. Still hear your signature tone. Great stuff! Take care. Greg
Posted By: FredM Re: your smile - 01/12/15 06:08 AM
Hi F,

Always listening with extra interest to your Jazz, as I'm trying to master it myself.
When I bring out my first jazz production, I hope it comes near to your work.
You guitar play is full of craftmansdhip and emotion. I loved it.

G

F
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: your smile - 01/12/15 11:16 AM
Cool tone on the guitar.... smoking hot... and the tone works perfectly with the style of the band.

With jazz, you can really stretch out and play some cool stuff on guitar, however.... you gotta know where it's going. And you need to think out of the box a bit.

I couldn't play my country licks and scales over a jazz prog without making changes to certain notes.

What I'm saying is there's a few places where you ended up on a "less than optimal" note or playing in a scale that didn't "mesh" properly with the prog the band was playing.

Listen to the way the sax played. The guitar needed to have some of that same "freedom" with the groove. If you have the time.... you could go back and edit just those certain notes that were obviously a less than perfect fit. Punch in/Punch out is your friend in situations like this.

I think part of the issue was the progression. It wasn't a simple or straight up 1,4,5. There were all sorts of chords in there which is what jazz does. There have been songs I generated using melodist that were really, really cool..... however, when I attempted to put a guitar part on it.... just suffice to say... no one but me ever heard that attempt. It wasn't pretty. I'm a country/rock guitarist by nature and when I play Jazz... well that country rock experience shows....and sometimes not in a good way.

Please don't think this is a "down on you" commentary.... it's not. I'm simply saying, this guitar part needs some tender loving care and a bit more work.

Of course, this is also simply my personal opinion as a musician and guitar player.
Posted By: Joe Ramsay Re: your smile - 01/12/15 11:35 AM
Very nice. Like the masterful command of BIAB and your melodic guitar work.
Posted By: tommyad Re: your smile - 01/12/15 12:29 PM
Eric, I love the tone you get on this one. I enjoyed the atmosphere that was the essence of this tune. I think Herb has some valid observations. It is a difficult thing to pull off-mixing rock licks over a jazz bed. I think the idea is a good one and you definitely have the chops to pull it off. I look forward to hearing more. Tom
Posted By: boehm Re: your smile - 01/12/15 02:27 PM
Hi Eric,

a great guitar tone! I agree with Herb about some inappropriate notes. Enjoyable listen though.

Guenter
Posted By: dani48 Re: your smile - 01/12/15 05:31 PM
Hi, Eric !:))

I like your tunes and
I am still baffled by
your ability to put out
tune after tune with most
intriguing and sweet
jazzchord progressions !:))
I do love your music Eric
and you know I do !:))

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: floyd jane Re: your smile - 01/12/15 09:50 PM
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Eric, I love the tone you get on this one. I enjoyed the atmosphere that was the essence of this tune. I think Herb has some valid observations. It is a difficult thing to pull off-mixing rock licks over a jazz bed. I think the idea is a good one and you definitely have the chops to pull it off. I look forward to hearing more. Tom

+1 that.. love hearing you play, eric...
Posted By: Scott C Re: your smile - 01/13/15 12:25 AM
Very cool tune loved the tone of your guitar
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: your smile - 01/13/15 11:48 AM
I experimented around with some direct input RT's
and amp sims trying to approximate your tone.
I was unsuccessful. You've got a real unique
thing going there.

J$B
Posted By: RnAM Re: your smile - 01/13/15 12:25 PM
Hi Eric,

Cool melody. the guitar and sax are very nice!

Rob and Anne-Marie
Posted By: MarioD Re: your smile - 01/13/15 05:37 PM
I tried to listen but soundcloud said the file wasn't there so I'm assuming you took it down?
Posted By: Callie - PG Music Re: your smile - 01/13/15 06:19 PM
MarioD - it seems to be playing fine for me. Try: https://soundcloud.com/f-m-m/your-smile
© PG Music Forums