PG Music Home
Posted By: Don Gaynor A Little Warm Up Music For January - 01/15/15 01:52 PM
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12823604

Island Memories is a light, happy Caribbean tune in the style of Jimmy Buffet. It reminds of warmer times in the sand and sun.

Please don't forget to rate me up if you appreciate my efforts!
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: A Little Warm Up Music For January - 01/15/15 02:05 PM
Sweet little tune! I'm a big Buffett fan, and this definitely captures his vibe. The BIAB reeferettes sound good. Thanks for posting! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: A Little Warm Up Music For January - 01/15/15 02:54 PM
Thanks for taking time to listen and especially for your encouraging comment, Greg.

It was a fun venture just exploring Caribbean sounds. It seems to have a cyber-acoustic warming affect on the listener.
Posted By: MarioD Re: A Little Warm Up Music For January - 01/15/15 05:40 PM
I needed this today Don. We have been 15-20 degrees F below normal!

This took me back to our Caribbean cruise that we took a number of years ago!

But based on your genre description this is the most Caribbean sounding country/bluegrass song that I have ever heard. Ducking and running for cover grin
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: A Little Warm Up Music For January - 01/15/15 06:08 PM
Old pal, you know the story, brat!

Looks like a crowd of entertainers are coming with Danny in March. I certainly hope you'll be among them, old friend.

So far it's Danny & Linda; Scotty & Brenda; Bridget; Summer; Sharron & Paul (aka Heading West); so it will definitely be a blast!
Posted By: FredM Re: A Little Warm Up Music For January - 01/15/15 06:09 PM
Hi Don,
Thanks for this earwarming music. I have listened with a melancholic smile, looking out for spring to come. And watched how your avatar danced to your music smile
G
Fred
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: A Little Warm Up Music For January - 01/15/15 09:06 PM
Nice mix, I would like to hear a melody line playing. But good soothing beat; thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: A Little Warm Up Music For January - 01/15/15 09:38 PM
In a word, uplifting.
Thank you.
Rob
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: A Little Warm Up Music For January - 01/15/15 10:18 PM
Fred; Bob; Rob; thanks for the encouraging words. Much appreciated.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: A Little Warm Up Music For January - 01/16/15 11:28 AM
Nice rhythm to that, Don...

Super good mix.

Always good to see ya 'round these here parts...

fj
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: A Little Warm Up Music For January - 01/16/15 11:38 AM
Cool beat....OK it better warm up today!

J&B
Posted By: tommyad Re: A Little Warm Up Music For January - 01/16/15 01:01 PM
Don, I am very familiar with warm weather and the sound of this style. Nice job, Tom
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: A Little Warm Up Music For January - 01/16/15 05:52 PM
@Tom, thanks me wee bucko!

@J&B, it certainly worked here in Oklahoma. 70F and sunny. I'm heading out to the gazebo first time this year. I know it can't last but I'll enjoy it while I can. My aide has me bundled warmly.
Posted By: RnAM Re: A Little Warm Up Music For January - 01/16/15 05:59 PM
Hi Don,

Although it's not cold here (yet?), we appreciate this very much, it's heart warming.

Rob and Anne-Marie
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: A Little Warm Up Music For January - 01/16/15 08:14 PM
Very enjoyable Don. It warmed things up here in SC.

Charlie
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: A Little Warm Up Music For January - 01/16/15 11:12 PM
R&AM, Charlie, it really does seem to have a warming affect. It's been beautiful here in Oklahoma today.

Thanks for listening.

Wowser! 144 plays yesterday! You wonderful friends are absolutely awesome!
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: A Little Warm Up Music For January - 01/16/15 11:32 PM
Curse your Okie hide, Don! My daughter heard this and now she's trying to talk me into paying for her to take a Caribbean cruise! I guess that gives you some idea of how effectively you made your point musically, eh?

Luckily, I've been a parent long enough to be highly adept at saying "NO"

Seriously though... that was a very enjoyable tune, light hearted and it made me feel a little bit like dancing. (But I resisted the urge valiantly.)

I don't know how to bump you up in the ratings, but if I can figure it out, you can count on a boost from NC.

wink
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: A Little Warm Up Music For January - 01/16/15 11:47 PM
Pat, coming from you, that is encouraging indeed.

Re: Rating the tune...while on the tune, you'll see 5 empty stars. As you mouse-over them, they will turn red. Click on the star of choice and it will accept your rating.

Thanks for the bump.

ADDENDUMB: Clicking on the stars to the right of "Twitter" opens the Rate popup.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: A Little Warm Up Music For January - 01/17/15 09:51 AM
Hi Don,

This is a wonderful creation! How is it possible not to feel happy after listening to this upbeat and uplifting composition. You got me tapping my toes and smiling! Thanks for that.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: gruverider Re: A Little Warm Up Music For January - 01/17/15 12:05 PM
I liked the fade in, very effective.

this tune was a sweet ride, and images of lyrics danced in the shadows as I listened.

much enjoyed!
© PG Music Forums