PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD Acapulco Nights - 01/16/15 07:42 PM
[Link no longer valid]

JonD and I worked on this one. JonD came up with the main lead line as well as the main bass line. So we opened BiaB, as usual, and put them down using CubanSonTyno Pianotrio. We deleted all but the drums. Later we replaced the drums with a percussion loops.

I added the harmonies and all of the additions to the main vibe lead and the bass line.

The percussion loops were by a Brio, a third party Kontakt party.

I am playing the bass and lead guitar. I am also playing the second chorus vibe arpeggio lead via my MIDI guitar controller.

Jon is playing the keyboards including the main vibe lead.

Posted By: dani48 Re: Acapulco Nights - 01/16/15 07:57 PM
Hi, Mario !!:))

I have a flair for latin
music and rhytms and your
tune is really a nice one
played to those wonderful
latin beats!!!!:))

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Acapulco Nights - 01/16/15 08:43 PM
Amazing. Thanks for posting.

Charlie
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Acapulco Nights - 01/16/15 11:01 PM
Absolutely beautiful, my amigo.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Acapulco Nights - 01/16/15 11:42 PM
Mario,

I really like what you're doing here, and I respect that you are showing people new ways to use the software. Using it as a rapid prototyping tool , then systematically replacing the tracks with your own playing is one of the ways I would expect performing musicians to get the most use out of BIAB.

I also like the fact that, for a multi-instrumentalist like you, it is the perfect way for you to build rich sound quilts that seamlessly bind your different talents into one project. And it sounds very good to me. Sounds LIVE... and that's high praise coming from me.

Maybe that title will even be legal some day. But I digress.

wink

Cool song. Might even say "SMOKIN'!"
Posted By: gruverider Re: Acapulco Nights - 01/17/15 11:41 AM
gotta love that rhythm!

super vibe work

much enjoyed!
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Acapulco Nights - 01/17/15 06:26 PM
Sweet little tune!! Makes me want to go to Acapulco. Very nice feel. Love the sound of that EP. Really nice work! Thanks for posting. Take care. Greg
Posted By: MarioD Re: Acapulco Nights - 01/17/15 07:02 PM
Thanx all for listening and the very nice comments.

Dani, Charlie, Don, gruverider and Greg I'm glad that you like it.

Pat thanx for the comments. Jon and I try to make songs sound live and not like their canned music.

I know that I have about 0.1% (at the most) talent as those on the RTs but I like doing it myself when I do my/our songs. No fights please as I do use RTs on other people's songs.

Have fun and no bogarting wink
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Acapulco Nights - 01/17/15 07:50 PM
hi mariod really like this great way of using the loops nice guitar work perfect fit love it thanks eric
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Acapulco Nights - 01/17/15 07:55 PM
Great listen. Great playing and that
percussion loop is super. Enjoyed
reading how it all came about. Cool!

J&B
Posted By: Earl G. Re: Acapulco Nights - 01/17/15 10:07 PM
Like I said...while listening my beer turned into a Pina Colada...nice vibe.
Posted By: FredM Re: Acapulco Nights - 01/18/15 07:22 AM
Three listened and each a completely different style, but worth your signature, Mario. Talking nothing away from the fellow musicians. Indeed it's a great way to create music, the way you do, gradually replacing the RT's.
Thank you for these lovely posts.
Grtz
Fred
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Acapulco Nights - 01/18/15 10:50 AM
Hi Mario,

As always, your creativity takes centre stage. I enjoyed listening to your and Jon's work. When it comes to imagery through music, you are the master! Every time I listen to your compositions, I leave the soundtrack with scenery floating through my mind.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Acapulco Nights - 01/18/15 06:22 PM
Dang! Mario and Jon... that was SWEET!

Totally enjoyable. And impressive.

Love your guitar tone (and playing) on this - almost sounded like you were "gettin' your 'eric' on" there a bit...

Nice! Enjoyed.

floyd
Posted By: tommyad Re: Acapulco Nights - 01/19/15 02:27 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Dang! Mario and Jon... that was SWEET!

Totally enjoyable. And impressive.

Love your guitar tone (and playing) on this - almost sounded like you were "gettin' your 'eric' on" there a bit...

Nice! Enjoyed.

floyd

+1, and I liked the percussion. Tom
Posted By: MarioD Re: Acapulco Nights - 01/19/15 04:31 PM
Thanx all for listening.

F.M.M., J&B and Tommy I'm glad you liked it.

Earl thanx - what kind of beer was that?

Fred thanx for the kind comments. I used MIDI tracks on almost all of my songs. This one was all MIDI when exported from BiaB into Sonar.

Noel thank you very much for those fantastic comments. Although I don't necessarily agree I do appreciate them.

Thanx Floyd for listening and the very nice comments. The guitar tone was from my inexpensive Jay Turser jazz box going into Amplitude 3. I really like Amplitude 3 and use it almost exclusively now.
© PG Music Forums