PG Music Home
Posted By: Carolyne Without You There Is No Spring - 02/04/15 05:36 AM
Okay, here’s the last word from me for a while. I have truly enjoyed participating on this forum, and have learned a thing or two about the production side of the music. Failed at learning ME however (smile). I write these songs, because as good as the professional writers are today, they don’t always write for me and my experiences and emotions in a way in which I can relate. So, I decided I’d just write for myself. Since Christmas I have written five songs and I cannot tell all of you how much I appreciate your input and kind words. I don’t just write for the accolades, although musicians do love that immediate gratification from audiences and peers. I write for the love of the music. With that here is the last song that I intend to post for a while. Going to spend time trying to listen to all of your songs and concentrate on other projects (I’m also writing a screenplay). So, with that here's my little song. It's a short one.

BALFRED Style: Can’t find a better band
RB 742 – Acoustic Piano – Miles Black
RB732 – Acoustic Bass – Neil Swainson
RB 937 – Guitar – Oliver Gannon
RB49- Alto Sax – P J Perry
RealDrums Jazz sticks – Terry Clarke

Equipment:
BIAB 2015
Focusrite Scarlett 6i6
Sterling 69 Condenser mic
[Link no longer valid]

WITHOUT YOU THERE IS NO SPRING
Did I misunderstand?
Did I overstate our plans?
When you said that you were leaving,
Were my eyes closed, were my ears deceiving?

Now the seasons grow somewhat shorter
And my heart can find no songs to sing
Too soon, each year, I greet December
Because without you, there is no spring.

© Copyright by Carolyne Swayze 2015
All Rights Reserved
BMI Registration No Pending

Posted By: robsmusic Re: Without You There Is No Spring - 02/04/15 06:19 AM
Nice!

I like this one and "Too Late to Tell" as well.

-rob
Posted By: FredM Re: Without You There Is No Spring - 02/04/15 07:30 AM
Carolyne,

I've enjoyed every song you posted here. This one especially, because it may take a while before hearing another pearl of your singing voice. This is again a great write, production and performance.
Glad you keep on following us here.
Wish you a lot of fun en succes with your writing, let us know how it goes when you comment, from time to time. Will listen from time to time to your songs on deezer or soundcloud.
Greetings
Fred
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Without You There Is No Spring - 02/04/15 07:37 AM
Hi Carolyne

Your name always pops out at me when I see it in the User Showcase.

I always know that something a bit extraordinarily special will come along.

This song is no exception.

Wishing you all the best for your current endeavors, but more than that, looking forward to what you come back with next - you will be back, won't you?

Best to you and don't stay away too long

In the meantime, peel me a grape

Trevor
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Without You There Is No Spring - 02/04/15 10:52 AM
Good song... You do the vocal jazz so well. There are none better, that I can recall, here on this forum.

I enjoyed working with you on the song a few weeks back.... I understand you have other things to do but don't be a complete stranger around here.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Without You There Is No Spring - 02/04/15 11:58 AM
Carolyne,

A very enjoyable listen. Excellent mix.

fj
Posted By: boehm Re: Without You There Is No Spring - 02/04/15 12:05 PM
Hi Carolyne,

this is a great one again. We will miss your beautiful voice. Don't take too long until you return.

Guenter
Posted By: receder Re: Without You There Is No Spring - 02/04/15 12:20 PM
Carolyne,

Another great song skilfully performed. Good luck with your other projects, I wish you well.

Rec
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Without You There Is No Spring - 02/04/15 03:23 PM
I enjoyed your time here sharing your talent, skills and graciousness. You are exiting with a bang and leaving us wanting more.

Wouldn't disappoint me any for an encore......

Good luck with your screenplay. That's something I've always desired to do. Even purchased the "Screenplay for dummies" book once.

Enjoyed the song.

Charlie
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Without You There Is No Spring - 02/04/15 06:30 PM
Another beauty neighbor!! Please stay in touch and post a new one now and then. You are a unique and wonderful contribution to the forum. I too am a huge film fan. I have had ideas for screenplays but never gotten to work on it. Take care. Greg
Posted By: Sundance Re: Without You There Is No Spring - 02/07/15 02:51 PM
Always enjoy hearing your posts. You just ooze it right from the core girl. Too bad I'm so far away, I'd love to see your live show.

Good luck with your screenplay!

Josie
Posted By: tommyad Re: Without You There Is No Spring - 02/07/15 06:50 PM
Carolyne, I hope you check in now and then. I so enjoy laying back and letting your smooth sound wash over me. You do this so well. Best of luck in your endeavors. You will be missed. Tom
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Without You There Is No Spring - 02/07/15 11:00 PM
Enjoy listening to your phrasing on this. You have a nice sense of timing. Good luck with your screenplay. Perhaps you'll continue posting a song every now and then, I hope!
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Without You There Is No Spring - 02/08/15 11:31 AM
Best to you regarding your upcoming
endeavors. Not much to add to what's
been said other than we much enjoyed
the listen and will miss your jazz
presentations here.

Take care

J&B
Posted By: gruverider Re: Without You There Is No Spring - 02/10/15 11:05 AM
What can I say, perfect in every way!

I love this style and you shine doing it!

much enjoyed!
© PG Music Forums