PG Music Home
Posted By: Will Rockwell Electricity - 02/16/15 06:19 PM
This is called version 2 because I kept the one I recorded before BIB. Instruments include mandolin and ZZ Top guitars. There are some overdubs, arpeggio guitars and synth. The arpeggio figure sounded familiar, I was just picking out a C chord, then I realized it's the same figure used in Ticket to Ride.
Electricity is about an online relationship. When the couple finally meets, will there be a spark between them?
https://soundcloud.com/willrockwell/electricity-v2

ELECTRICITY
10/6/2014
C repeated with arpeggio

C We must have kissed a thousand times
G but never face to face
C we've been together in our dreams
G but not in the same place

FG There will be an answer
FG There will be release
FG There will be resolution
F But will there be
G will there be
C Electricity

C The distance made the feelings grow
G the fantasy believed
C but now the truth is coming fast
G no longer be deceived

FG There will be an answer
FG There will be release
FG There will be resolution
F But will there be
G will there be
C Electricity

repeat chorus
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Electricity - 02/16/15 07:17 PM
Will,

Sounds like you are having fun. This one actually has a bit of a "Cars" sound to it... (Bob.. are you paying attention?)

The mandolin sort of gets lost in the mix... so I don't think it is needed (dropping an acoustic instrument like that will "open up" your "sonic field" a little).

Catchy song...

floyd
Posted By: Will Rockwell Re: Electricity - 02/17/15 09:10 AM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Will,

Sounds like you are having fun. This one actually has a bit of a "Cars" sound to it... (Bob.. are you paying attention?)

The mandolin sort of gets lost in the mix... so I don't think it is needed (dropping an acoustic instrument like that will "open up" your "sonic field" a little).

Catchy song...

floyd

I have the mandolin and 12 string on verses, heavy guitars on chorus, they play together only at the end. I'm loving mandolins due to Cure's Just Like Heaven
Posted By: FredM Re: Electricity - 02/17/15 11:04 AM
Hi Will,
This is nice! Very JPGR
You catch the BEATLES sound well. Personally I would like to hear some harmonies with it. It would bring more variation into the song
A good listen.
Grtz
Fred
Posted By: Will Rockwell Re: Electricity - 02/17/15 06:50 PM
Thanks Fred, harmonies are hard for me, but I'm learning
Posted By: tommyad Re: Electricity - 02/18/15 01:26 PM
So not only does your younger self look like George Harrison, you now are beginning to sound like him. I like the song and the mix. I did think the intro was way too long. 30 seconds is long time to wait for the vocal. I think you are really getting a handle on this stuff. Nice job! Tom
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Electricity - 02/18/15 06:12 PM
Very cool rock vibe!! Interesting song topic. The internet dating thing brings up a lot of strange possibilities. Fun song. Really enjoyed it!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Will Rockwell Re: Electricity - 02/18/15 06:45 PM
Thanks so much for the remarks and suggestions, I have recorded new harmonies and remixed, using less reverb. Tom, I put the chorus hook into the over-long opening, should have thought of it earlier. This is a wonderful community which supports and improves each others work, thank you. Here's the new mix.
https://soundcloud.com/willrockwell/electricity
Posted By: FredM Re: Electricity - 02/19/15 09:38 AM
Love the harmonies!
They are right where I would have put them.
Nice one!
G
F
Posted By: Scott C Re: Electricity - 02/19/15 09:59 AM
Cool song Will. Lyrics, singing playing well done
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Electricity - 02/20/15 12:24 AM
I read through the posts and so I jumped straight to the re-mix. Nice job and liked the harmonies and I like the song better than I probably would have the version without the harmonies.

I enjoyed this and I'm looking forward to your next post.

Charlie
Posted By: Will Rockwell Re: Electricity - 02/21/15 01:45 PM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Very cool rock vibe!! Interesting song topic. The internet dating thing brings up a lot of strange possibilities. Fun song. Really enjoyed it!! Take care. Greg

That's not the only internet dating song I've got. This one was not made on BIB so I won't make a new thread for it. It's called Cloud Dancing, and it's about Skype sex.
https://soundcloud.com/willrockwell/cloud-dancing
© PG Music Forums